American Taliban Fighter Says Followed His Heart

Keith

Dec 3, 2001, 11:07:31 AM12/3/01
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011203/ts/attack_taliban_american_dc_4.htm

KABUL (Reuters) - A 20-year-old American who fought for the Taliban and
survived a bloody prison uprising near the northern Afghan city of
Mazar-i-Sharif last week said his heart had drawn him to the hardline
Islamic movement.

``I was a student in Pakistan, studying Islam and came into contact with
many people connected with Taliban,'' John Walker said in an interview shown
on CNN television on Monday. He was being held by U.S. forces in northern
Afghanistan (news - web sites).

``I lived in the region, the North West Frontier Province (of Pakistan),''
he said. ``The people in general have a great love for the Taliban so I
started to read some of the literature of the scholars, the history of Kabul
... my heart became attached to that.''

Ed Reppert

Dec 3, 2001, 12:23:26 PM12/3/01
In article <u0n8q56...@corp.supernews.com>,
"Keith" <crusherfi...@cavenet.com> wrote:

> KABUL (Reuters) - A 20-year-old American who fought for the Taliban and
> survived a bloody prison uprising near the northern Afghan city of
> Mazar-i-Sharif last week said his heart had drawn him to the hardline
> Islamic movement.

Will this... person confess in open court to his treason? If not, are
there two witnesses who will testify against him?

> Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against
> them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No
> Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two
> Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
United States Constitution, Article III, Section 3.

Spike43

Dec 3, 2001, 12:23:39 PM12/3/01
>KABUL (Reuters) - A 20-year-old American who fought for the Taliban and
>survived a bloody prison uprising near the northern Afghan city of
>Mazar-i-Sharif last week said his heart had drawn him to the hardline
>Islamic movement.

He aided al-Qaeda, and more recently, fought against US soldiers. I imagine
he'll face a tribunal and if found guilty, he'll swing.

Spike
NRA, GOA, SAF, MCRGO, SCOPE

Democrats: The party of Spin, Posturing, Demonization, Fear Mongering, Racial
Division & Class Warfare.

Robert Frenchu

Dec 3, 2001, 12:41:46 PM12/3/01
> "Keith" <crusherfi...@cavenet.com> wrote <u0n8q56...@corp.supernews.com> in talk.politics.guns. :

Maybe we'll see him give his explanation at the military tribunal I
keep hearing about.

Panhead

Dec 3, 2001, 12:51:22 PM12/3/01
Spike43 wrote:

> >KABUL (Reuters) - A 20-year-old American who fought for the Taliban and
> >survived a bloody prison uprising near the northern Afghan city of
> >Mazar-i-Sharif last week said his heart had drawn him to the hardline
> >Islamic movement.
> >

> He aided al-Qaeda, and more recently, fought against US soldiers. I imagine
> he'll face a tribunal and if found guilty, he'll swing.

But his father said he IS such a sweet boy.

betweentheeyes

Dec 3, 2001, 1:37:45 PM12/3/01
"Panhead" <Panmy...@fcc.com> wrote in message

'Sweet boy' ... boy does that stir up a hideous image....

Henry Glenworthy

Dec 3, 2001, 4:28:10 PM12/3/01
"Keith" <crusherfi...@cavenet.com> wrote:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011203/ts/attack_taliban_american_dc_4.htm

That's really nice. Now line the raving idiot up against a wall and
shoot the stupid son-of-a-bitch.

William A. Levinson

Dec 3, 2001, 4:58:11 PM12/3/01

Ed Reppert wrote:

Problem: since Congress did not declare war on the Taliban or Al Quaida (I think
they should have done so), it may not be possible to convict him of treason. This
may be why Jane Fonda got away with posing in the North Vietnamese gun emplacement,
the North Vietnamese were not legally enemies of the United States.

WHAT IS CONGRESS' PROBLEM WITH DECLARING WAR, ANYWAY???
"Uh, it's not nice to declare war, war is ugly and people get killed. So let's just
authorize the President to send B-52s over and bomb them back to the Stone Age, but
let's not call it a WAR, for crying out loud..."

I think the last time we declared war on someone was in 1941. Come on, Congress,
let's step up and take some responsibility.

-Bill
(Comments welcome on new royalty-free leaflets)

http://www.stentorian.com/2ndamend/leaflets/hanukkah.html Gun control is un-Jewish

http://www.stentorian.com/politics/terror/symbol.html Antigunners and Berkeley
leftists' new national symbols to replace the Eagle.

http://www.stentorian.com/politics/terror/911.html September 11: They dialed 911
and died.

http://www.stentorian.com/politics/terror/2ndamend.html The Second Amendment:
America's Answer to Terrorism

http://www.stentorian.com/politics/terror/ 9/11/01 Terrorists run up a bill they
can't pay. Includes tips on improvised weapons for killing hijackers.

http://www.stentorian.com/2ndamend Second Amendment site

Jerry L. Golden

Dec 3, 2001, 7:44:39 PM12/3/01

If this guy is an American and was fighting for the Taliban against
American troops could he be charged with murder / attempted murder /
conspiracy to commit murder even though he did so on Afghan soil?
Can he be brought back to the US and be put on trial for crimes that
he committed against other Americans [soldiers] while he was abroad?
Treason would be ideal (in sprit & intent), but I doubt if that's what
they'll charge him with.

---
JLG

jamesw

Dec 3, 2001, 9:36:52 PM12/3/01
"Henry Glenworthy" <Henery_G...@xoregontrail.net> wrote in message news:<9ugqsl$81e$1...@news.apaynet.com>...

I'll go you one better. Yank his US citizenship and let him STAY
there forever. One of the Hollyweirdos that promised to leave the
country if Bush was elected can hand-carry him the contents of his
bank accounts (converted to AK-47s or goats or whatever the Afghans
are using for currency nowadays) and any personal possessions he left
here.

Jim

Keith

Dec 3, 2001, 11:42:17 PM12/3/01

"jamesw" <jam...@argolink.net> wrote in message

Hell, he will probably come back to the states and run for governor of
California. Then he will be able to ban gun's for citizens of the state.

Arthur Luxury-Yacht

Dec 4, 2001, 10:44:42 AM12/4/01
spi...@aol.com (Spike43) wrote in message news:<20011203122339...@mb-mk.aol.com>...

> >KABUL (Reuters) - A 20-year-old American who fought for the Taliban and
> >survived a bloody prison uprising near the northern Afghan city of
> >Mazar-i-Sharif last week said his heart had drawn him to the hardline
> >Islamic movement.

I have some .223 I will gladly donate for his traitorous heart. Johnny
Spann is dead and this puke is partially responsible.

> He aided al-Qaeda, and more recently, fought against US soldiers. I imagine
> he'll face a tribunal and if found guilty, he'll swing.
>
> Spike
> NRA, GOA, SAF, MCRGO, SCOPE
>
> Democrats: The party of Spin, Posturing, Demonization, Fear Mongering, Racial
> Division & Class Warfare.

He was also an accessory in the murder of CIA agenet Johnny Spann.
Spann was a govt employee (FED). As far as I know, if you kill a Fed,
it is a death penalty case. Let's hope he swings. My guess is he
will be elected to the Senate in California when Boxer retires.
Senator Leahy does not want tribunals - let's hope they hand that
traitor.

Hopefully this kid swings with more al-Qaeda scum.

Great tag line on your message.

bamaNO...@mindspring.com

Dec 4, 2001, 3:01:10 PM12/4/01
On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 08:07:31 -0800, "Keith"
<crusherfi...@cavenet.com> wrote:

And his widdle mommy said that the reason he was fighting with the
Taliban was because they had brainwashed her widdle boy.
----------
Cheers,
Bama Brian
NRA Life, GOA Life, Libertarian
In the Y2K presidential elections there were 208 million potential
voters; of whom 101 million voted for "None of the above".
----------

Allan Lindsay-O'Neal

Dec 4, 2001, 3:26:11 PM12/4/01
"Henry Glenworthy" wrote in message news:<9ugqsl$81e$1...@news.apaynet.com>...

> That's really nice. Now line the raving idiot up against a wall and
> shoot the stupid son-of-a-bitch.

Already the liberal apologia machine is cranking up. "Jihad Johnny" is
really just another "victim" of the Taliban, doncha know ...

Allan Lindsay-O'Neal

Dec 4, 2001, 10:36:05 PM12/4/01

"Panhead" wrote ...
> Spike43 wrote:

> > He aided al-Qaeda, and more recently, fought against US soldiers. I
imagine
> > he'll face a tribunal and if found guilty, he'll swing.
>
> But his father said he IS such a sweet boy.

"Dad" looks like quite the "purse-carrier" hisself.

Allan Lindsay-O'Neal

Dec 4, 2001, 10:38:23 PM12/4/01

Esteemed "Henry Glenworthy" wrote about "Jihad Johnny"...

> That's really nice. Now line the raving idiot up against a wall and
> shoot the stupid son-of-a-bitch.

I've heard reports that the NA have two more Americans taken prisoner. Any
confirmation?

Allan Lindsay-O'Neal

Dec 4, 2001, 10:47:27 PM12/4/01

Esteemed "Bama Brian" wrote ...

> And his widdle mommy said that the reason he was fighting with the
> Taliban was because they had brainwashed her widdle boy.

Now it turns out, little "Johnny Jihad" is from Northern California! Can't
you just see it?

Step One: JJ is really a "victim" of the Taliban. They brain washed and
used him, and only at the last moment, in a dark tunnel filled with ice cold
water beneath a prison, does he realize what's happened.

Step Two: Talk shows, appearances on Letterman, talks at colleges ....!

Step Three: A TV Mini-series!

Step Four: A book (based on the TV mini-series)!

Step Five: A movie (based on the book based on the TV mini-series)!

Step Six: US Senator from California, replacing old China hand Diane
Fienstein! He's young, he has impeccable anti-American credentials, and it's
been proven he's brainless and malleable - the perfect Liberal Democrat
politician!

Peter H. Proctor

Dec 5, 2001, 1:24:40 AM12/5/01
In article <219eb00.01120...@posting.google.com> akl...@home.com (Allan Lindsay-O'Neal) writes:
>From: akl...@home.com (Allan Lindsay-O'Neal)
>Subject: Re: American Taliban Fighter Says Followed His Heart
>Date: 4 Dec 2001 12:26:11 -0800

Not to defend him, but.... He joined the Taliban ( an invention of
the Pakistanis with US support ) before the US declared war upon
them for not handing over Bin Laden. It is pretty obvious that he never
bore arms against the US. In fact, he likely never even fired a shot at
the Northern Alliance. And he was stuck amongst a bunch of crazy people
who would likely have killed him had he not shown proper enthusiasm...

Dr P

citizen

Dec 5, 2001, 1:08:30 PM12/5/01

"Jerry L. Golden" <jlgo...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

They will probably bring back to the US and clean him up.Some big time
liberal lawyer will get him off on grounds of insanity!

Then he will write a book-(I was a Taliban Solder)-he will become famous and
appear on CNN:>))

Stew

Peter H. Proctor

Dec 5, 2001, 2:25:14 PM12/5/01
In article <u0skc57...@corp.supernews.com> "citizen" <stu...@hotmail.com> writes:
>From: "citizen" <stu...@hotmail.com>

>Subject: Re: American Taliban Fighter Says Followed His Heart
>Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 12:08:30 -0600

>They will probably bring back to the US and clean him up.Some big time
>liberal lawyer will get him off on grounds of insanity!

>Then he will write a book-(I was a Taliban Solder)-he will become famous and
>appear on CNN:>))

Both Bush and Ashcroft seem to be treading very carefully on this
one. Nobody wants embarrassing questions to be asked in court. Things
like " what was the US role in setting up the Taliban " ? If we set them up
as part of our fight against the forces of godless communism, we can't really
object when some screwy lad joins them during "peaceful" times and then
(arguably) gets impressed into fighting for them.

Dr P

Tulay

Dec 5, 2001, 5:17:12 PM12/5/01

"William A. Levinson" wrote:

Congress does not want to declare war because that would give the insurance companies
an out on paying for damages from Sept. 11th. (Most policies exclude acts of war.)

Randy Sweeney

Dec 8, 2001, 11:35:30 PM12/8/01

"Keith" <crusherfi...@cavenet.com> wrote in message

I believe the word is treason

Randy Sweeney

Dec 8, 2001, 11:36:08 PM12/8/01

"Panhead" <Panmy...@fcc.com> wrote in message

I'm sure Hitler's parents loved him too.