OH ccw "not a column on the concept of concealed carry"

betweentheeyes

Oct 5, 2005, 4:09:34 PM10/5/05
"After all the speeches from pro-gun groups saying the law would make us
safer, and the speeches from anti-gun groups saying there would be a rise in
gun violence, concealed carry has proven to be of no great consequence."

http://www.medina-gazette.com/Articles.asp?num=58750388

"Despite evidence the law overall is working smoothly, Aslanides wants to
change two important components. As passed, the law requires permit-holders
to have their guns locked away or in plain view while traveling in a
vehicle. The law also allows the news media access to lists showing the
names of those who have been granted a permit to carry a hidden weapon. "

Open-records advocates, like Ohio Newspaper Association Executive Director
Frank Deaner, say access to the lists is important. "This isn't just a
public records issue," he told the Associated Press, "this is a public
safety issue. There are all kinds of reasons why people might want to know
their friends and neighbors are carrying a concealed deadly weapon."

Evidently in OH, CCW records are public information, right there along side
child molesters, how convenient. I'm glad the state I reside doesn't
publish the list, I'd be a sitting duck for theft.

Chris Morton

Oct 5, 2005, 4:50:31 PM10/5/05
In article <eaqdnS6VRat...@comcast.com>, betweentheeyes says...

>Evidently in OH, CCW records are public information, right there along side
>child molesters, how convenient. I'm glad the state I reside doesn't
>publish the list, I'd be a sitting duck for theft.

There's a bill pending to rescind that provision, and to fix the goofy
requirements for carrying in an automobile.

When the Cleveland Plain Dealer started publishing people's names, Ohioans for
Concealed Carry published the address, phone number, etc. for the publisher of
the Plain Dealer. This seemed to upset him.

Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight with 210lb.
rapists.

betweentheeyes

Oct 5, 2005, 5:21:52 PM10/5/05
"Chris Morton" <cmo...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

> In article <eaqdnS6VRat...@comcast.com>, betweentheeyes says...
>
>>Evidently in OH, CCW records are public information, right there along
>>side
>>child molesters, how convenient. I'm glad the state I reside doesn't
>>publish the list, I'd be a sitting duck for theft.
>
> There's a bill pending to rescind that provision, and to fix the goofy
> requirements for carrying in an automobile.
>
> When the Cleveland Plain Dealer started publishing people's names, Ohioans
> for
> Concealed Carry published the address, phone number, etc. for the
> publisher of
> the Plain Dealer. This seemed to upset him.

excellent response from the Ohioans for CC

Chris Morton

Oct 5, 2005, 5:29:54 PM10/5/05
In article <CMSdncCYprVs3tne...@comcast.com>, betweentheeyes
says...

I predicted that it would happen when I first heard that the PD was planning to
do this. I suggested posting the reporters' personal information as well. I
don't know if this was done or not.

edi...@netpath.net

Oct 5, 2005, 6:30:33 PM10/5/05
Chris wrote:
>When the Cleveland Plain Dealer started publishing people's names, >Ohioans for Concealed Carry published the address, phone number, etc. for >the publisher of the Plain Dealer.

CCW activists should also have put on their Web sites - and on their
emailings - the names, home addresses, and home phone numbers for every
legislator who voted against CCW and of every top antigun activist in
Ohio who tried to block CCW.

No $4 to park! No $6 admission!
http://stores.ebay.com/INTERNET-GUN-SHOW

Message has been deleted