Poor breeders can't afford a house

Robert Fernandez

Aug 6, 2005, 1:41:38 PM8/6/05
This morning I caught one of those "human interest" stories on NPR
that
try to tug at your heart and make you feel sorry for the poor schmucks
who get themselves into a bad situation because of something the mean
old gubmint has done.

The setting is Boston and the famblee being profiled is a fireman who
makes $55,000 a year, so he's not poor, but it's not enough to buy the
necessities for his growing famblee which includes 3 sproggen aged 11,
4, and 4 months.

The problem? Boston, like some other cities around the country,
requires many of its employees -- some types of city employees are
exempt -- to live in the city. Unfortunately, housing prices are
skyrocketing and preventing someone like the $55K/year firefighter
from
buying a house.

Our intrepid firefighter complains that his famblee has outgrown their
two-bedroom apartment and need to find a house, but they can't afford
anything in Boston they can afford. Why they didn't think about this
year ago before they created hump dumpling number 3 wasn't discussed.
So, in order to find a house they can afford they must look outside
Boston, but that means he couldn't keep his job.

Whether you think Boston's rules regarding residency of city employees
is good or not, the whining about how unfair it is to famblees is
pathetic.

evadnikufesin

Aug 6, 2005, 3:23:12 PM8/6/05
On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 17:41:38 GMT, Robert Fernandez wrote:

> Why they didn't think about this
> year ago before they created hump dumpling number 3 wasn't discussed.

An excellent question.. but tell me.. what exactly did this have to do
with a cross-post to rec.music.artists.kiss? Wait.. wait.. I know... NOT A
GODDAMN THING..

Fartnugget...

--
Thanks to Google Groups - I now MISS AOL users... :(

Karl Hungus

Aug 6, 2005, 3:31:05 PM8/6/05
"Robert Fernandez" <rsr...@sldkfwer.sdfkadjwoe> wrote in message

> Whether you think Boston's rules regarding residency of city employees
> is good or not, the whining about how unfair it is to famblees is
> pathetic.

The rule is asinine, as is the whining.

FormerLeeWarmer

Aug 6, 2005, 4:35:48 PM8/6/05
cross posting ass
plonk

Karl Hungus

Aug 6, 2005, 4:47:13 PM8/6/05
Eat a dick.

And notice that I top posted, that I might add insult to injury.

"FormerLeeWarmer" <an...@anon.com> wrote in message
> cross posting ass
> plonk

sinistersteve

Aug 6, 2005, 9:12:36 PM8/6/05
Couldn't they just rent a larger apartment?? (Or stop having children).

steveh99

Aug 6, 2005, 10:04:14 PM8/6/05
Stop cross posting you twit

In article <vJWdna3B0rN...@comcast.com>, karlh...@comcast.net
says...

evadnikufesin

Aug 7, 2005, 1:50:30 AM8/7/05
On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 21:35:48 +0100, FormerLeeWarmer wrote:

> cross posting ass

Pot.. meet kettle...

Lesa

Aug 7, 2005, 8:06:10 AM8/7/05

"sinistersteve" <sinist...@goto.hell> wrote in message

> Couldn't they just rent a larger apartment?? (Or stop having children).

Why should the choice have to be children or house? Why can't housing
prices be kept reasonable so that one can have both?

Robert Fernandez

Aug 7, 2005, 9:59:49 AM8/7/05
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 07:06:10 -0500, "Lesa" <lesas...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

That's just how the market works - it's the American way. It's
unfortunate that there are so many people who lack the foresight to
stop having kids when you can't afford them any more.

steveh99

Aug 7, 2005, 10:04:39 AM8/7/05
When greed comes into play nothing else is allowed

In article <qdnJe.656$uo2...@fe06.lga>, lesas...@yahoo.com says...

Scout

Aug 7, 2005, 10:49:19 AM8/7/05

"Lesa" <lesas...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Particularly when the city mandates live here.....or lose your job.

It would seem to me that the city would then have a certain obligation to
either 1) insure those workers could obtain affordable housing locally, or
2) pay them at such a rate that the housing is affordable to them.

Otherwise, I think one could legitimately bring suit against them for their
discriminatory practices.

Scout

Aug 7, 2005, 10:50:52 AM8/7/05

"Robert Fernandez" <rsr...@sldkfwer.sdfkadjwoe> wrote in message

Well, at least we have the consolation of knowing if that is the case then
you will never reproduce.

Robert Fernandez

Aug 7, 2005, 11:16:58 AM8/7/05

Wow - where did that come from? Forgive me for thinking that people
shouldn't live beyond their means.

Sr.

Aug 7, 2005, 11:48:57 AM8/7/05
POOR BREEDERS...I THOUGHT IT WAS A STORY OF YOUR BIRTH AND CHILDHOOD THEIR
FERDEE...
=SEN0UR TR0UT=

evadnikufesin

Aug 7, 2005, 11:50:07 AM8/7/05
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 10:50:52 -0400, Scout wrote:

> Well, at least we have the consolation of knowing if that is the case then
> you will never reproduce.

And sadly, you will probably still breed *in spite of* the fact you can't
afford it.

Scout

Aug 7, 2005, 12:01:40 PM8/7/05

"Robert Fernandez" <rsr...@sldkfwer.sdfkadjwoe> wrote in message

Then we don't have to worry about you reproducing.

Scout

Aug 7, 2005, 12:02:45 PM8/7/05

"evadnikufesin" <evadni...@gmail.99999.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 10:50:52 -0400, Scout wrote:
>
>> Well, at least we have the consolation of knowing if that is the case
>> then
>> you will never reproduce.
>
> And sadly, you will probably still breed *in spite of* the fact you can't
> afford it.

On the contrary, I could have a couple more children without it seriously
impacting my finances.

Sancho Panza

Aug 7, 2005, 12:30:04 PM8/7/05

"Robert Fernandez" <rsr...@sldkfwer.sdfkadjwoe> wrote in message

> The problem? Boston, like some other cities around the country,
> requires many of its employees -- some types of city employees are
> exempt -- to live in the city. Unfortunately, housing prices are
> skyrocketing and preventing someone like the $55K/year firefighter
> from
> buying a house.
>
> Our intrepid firefighter complains that his famblee has outgrown their
> two-bedroom apartment and need to find a house, but they can't afford
> anything in Boston they can afford. Why they didn't think about this
> year ago before they created hump dumpling number 3 wasn't discussed.
> So, in order to find a house they can afford they must look outside
> Boston, but that means he couldn't keep his job.

A lot of people would like to live on, say, Beacon Hill. They can't afford
it. The city has quite a few areas with lower costs.

sinistersteve

Aug 7, 2005, 2:21:54 PM8/7/05

> Why should the choice have to be children or house? Why can't housing
> prices be kept reasonable so that one can have both?

Those are the decisions grown-ups must make in life.....1 or 2 children may
allow you to have enough income leftover to purchase a home. Having 3, 4, or
5 children may only allow you enough income leftover to live in a modest
apartment just outside the 'hood'. If you wish to have several children AND
wish to purchase a home inside the city, perhaps a second or third job is
required to fulfill your dream.

sinistersteve

Aug 7, 2005, 2:23:59 PM8/7/05

"steveh99" <steveh9...@alltel.net> wrote in message

> Stop cross posting you twit

But it's ok for you to cross post?

Dillon Pyron

Aug 7, 2005, 6:03:22 PM8/7/05
Thus spake steveh99 <steveh9...@alltel.net> :

>Stop cross posting you twit

bobbie loves replies like yours. Just kf him.

--
dillon

Linux, it's not just an OS, it's a way
of life.

And a damn fine one, at that.

evadnikufesin

Aug 7, 2005, 6:57:41 PM8/7/05
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 12:02:45 -0400, Scout wrote:

> On the contrary, I could have a couple more children without it seriously
> impacting my finances.

Well, congratulations for having a clue about the subject. Wish more were
like you.

The Space Boss

Aug 8, 2005, 5:00:57 AM8/8/05

Robert Fernandez wrote:

> Our intrepid firefighter complains that his famblee has outgrown their
> two-bedroom apartment and need to find a house, but they can't afford
> anything in Boston they can afford. Why they didn't think about this
> year ago before they created hump dumpling number 3 wasn't discussed.
> So, in order to find a house they can afford they must look outside
> Boston, but that means he couldn't keep his job.
>
> Whether you think Boston's rules regarding residency of city employees
> is good or not, the whining about how unfair it is to famblees is
> pathetic.

I think the government should subsidize the income of people with lots
of children. The kids certainly deserve a nice home to grow up in, even
if the taxpayers have to dig a little deeper. Children are the nations
greatest investment.

It's a small price to pay.

The Space Boss

Aug 8, 2005, 5:03:26 AM8/8/05

Having children is one of the most important, noble things to do in
life. Would it be asking too much for a small tax on single people and
childless couples to help out these parents?

Sr.

Aug 8, 2005, 7:47:08 AM8/8/05
If you wish to have several children AND
>> wish to purchase a home inside the city, perhaps a second or third job is
>> required to fulfill your dream.

HOW WOOD ONE BENEFIT FROM THIS 'DREAM' IF ALL THEY GET TO DO IN IT IS SHOWER
AND SLEEP???

Having children is one of the most important, noble things to do in
life.

????????

Would it be asking too much for a small tax on single people and
> childless couples to help out these parents?

YES INDEEDEROONEE IT WOOD!!!! IF ANYTHING, MAKE THE 'COUPLES' TEST BEFORE
THEY REPRODUCE!!!
=SEN0UR TR0UT=

"The Space Boss" <drsmi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Doug 2.0

Aug 8, 2005, 7:59:44 AM8/8/05
"The Space Boss" <drsmi...@aol.com> wrote in message

The Feds already do that,it's called WELFARE!!!!!

"Too often we excuse those who are willing to build their own lives on the
shattered dreams of others."
-Robert F. Kennedy

"When a man tells you he got rich through hard work,ask him whose."
- Don Marquis

"During times of universal deceit,telling the truth becomes a revolutionary
act."
- George Orwell

I love my country,but I fear the government.
WAKE UP & SMELL THE FASCISM!!!
http://www.oldamericancentury.org/14pts.htm

sinistersteve

Aug 8, 2005, 12:30:32 PM8/8/05

"The Space Boss" <drsmi...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Having children is one of the most important, noble things to do in
> life. Would it be asking too much for a small tax on single people and
> childless couples to help out these parents?

LOL...I just received a major ping on my sarcasm meter.

carlson...@juno.com

Aug 8, 2005, 1:30:15 PM8/8/05
The story is bull, whoever reported it. I have 2 relatives in the
Boston Fire Dept. You can live anywhere in Boston. We lived in
Dorchester. There are plenty of places that firefighter can go and
rent or buy that are not directly inside the city that wouldn't violate
the rules.

My dad was a single father of 3 kids and he did it.

carlson...@juno.com

Aug 8, 2005, 1:34:37 PM8/8/05
'Having children is one of the most important, noble things to do in

life. Would it be asking too much for a small tax on single people and
childless couples to help out these parents? '

EXCUSE ME? Oh, I hope you are kidding. I am childless by choice and I
pay enough property tax in NH already. I'm supporting the public
schools even though I have no kids. I also am forced to pay a fee in
my electric bill that goes to support families who don't have the $$ to
pay their bills. I also give to many charities on my own free will.

Tax to single people and childless couples? You must be kidding. I
will, however, offer up a free pack of birth control.

carlson...@juno.com

Aug 8, 2005, 1:37:28 PM8/8/05
I think the government should subsidize the income of people with lots
of children. The kids certainly deserve a nice home to grow up in, even

if the taxpayers have to dig a little deeper. Children are the nations
greatest investment.

It's a small price to pay.

OH my.. I hope you are being sarcastic!

carlson...@juno.com

Aug 8, 2005, 1:41:19 PM8/8/05
The City of Boston includes the neighborhoods of Allston, Back Bay,
Beacon Hill, Brighton, Charlestown, Chinatown, Dorchester, Downtown,
East Boston, Fenway-Kenmore, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, Mattapan,
Mission Hill, North End, Roslindale, Roxbury, South Boston, South End
and West Roxbury.

john

Aug 8, 2005, 1:49:48 PM8/8/05

NEWS ALERT

Hello--Dorchester is PART of Boston!

carlson...@juno.com

Aug 8, 2005, 1:55:03 PM8/8/05
That was the point. That the firefighter can live outside of the
'city' and still be in compliance. You can surely find lots of places
that are affordable. I was clarifying the outskirts for people that
may not know, but thanks for your News Alert, I'll keep you in mind for
any future information I may need.

john

Aug 8, 2005, 3:29:08 PM8/8/05

I don't follow you.

All of the places you named are PART of the City of Boston.

They are not outside of the city.