Waco, Another Perspective by Linda Thompson

Jim De Arras

May 11, 1993, 11:11:02 PM5/11/93
In article <C6w51...@cbnews.cb.att.com> l...@cbnews.cb.att.com (Larry
Cipriani) writes:
> This is a first-hand report regarding Waco, written by Linda Thompson,
> the lawyer from Indianapolis who offered to defend Koresh.
> Redistribute freely.

> Waco, Another Perspective
> by Linda Thompson
> American Justice Foundation

[...]
> We have three confirmed reported citings of trainloads of UN tanks
> going into Portland, Oregon, over the past few weeks, and troop
> movements of unmarked military vehicles across the nation. Perhaps you
> might want to ponder the significance of these events.

I don't know how much of all this to buy, but this paragraph brought a chill to
my spine. This past Saturday, I passed a VERY long military convoy, unmarked,
which struck me as unusual. We have numerous convoys around here, and I
usually don't notice them. But this one just looked 'odd'. There were a large
number of mil-green dump trucks with tarps over them. Large guns, two per dump
truck, seemed to be the contents. A variety of other vehicles, and personnel
carriers, too.

Could be nothing, but when added to the above paragraph, I'm a little shaken.

[...]

--
j...@handheld.com

Brandon D. Ray

May 12, 1993, 12:20:56 AM5/12/93

In a previous article, j...@cube.handheld.com (Jim De Arras) says:

>In article <C6w51...@cbnews.cb.att.com> l...@cbnews.cb.att.com (Larry
>Cipriani) writes:
>> This is a first-hand report regarding Waco, written by Linda Thompson,
>> the lawyer from Indianapolis who offered to defend Koresh.
>> Redistribute freely.

>> Waco, Another Perspective
>> by Linda Thompson
>> American Justice Foundation
>>
>[...]
>>
>> We have three confirmed reported citings of trainloads of UN tanks
>> going into Portland, Oregon, over the past few weeks, and troop
>> movements of unmarked military vehicles across the nation. Perhaps you
>> might want to ponder the significance of these events.
>>

>I don't know how much of all this to buy, but this paragraph brought a chill to
>my spine. This past Saturday, I passed a VERY long military convoy, unmarked,
>which struck me as unusual. We have numerous convoys around here, and I
>usually don't notice them. But this one just looked 'odd'. There were a large
>number of mil-green dump trucks with tarps over them. Large guns, two per dump
>truck, seemed to be the contents. A variety of other vehicles, and personnel
>carriers, too.
>
>Could be nothing, but when added to the above paragraph, I'm a little shaken.

You want a wild guess? They are getting ready to go to Yugoslavia....just
in case. That is some improvement over the implication the original author
wanted to draw, I guess....but not much.

>[...]
>>
>> Americans, my fellow patriots, we have cold-blooded killers running our
>> country. Isn't it about time you put down your beer, get up off the
>> sofa and do something about it?
>>
>> Linda Thompson
>> American Justice Federation
>> Telephone: 317-780-5204
>> FAX: 317-780-5209
>> BBS: 317-881-2743 [Fidonet 1:231/110]
>>
>> --
>> Larry Cipriani -- l.v.ci...@att.com
>
>--
>j...@handheld.com

The opinions expressed by the author are insightful, intelligent and very
carefully thought out. It is therefore unlikely that they are shared by the
University of Iowa or Case Western Reserve University.

Larry Cipriani

May 11, 1993, 9:49:04 PM5/11/93
This is a first-hand report regarding Waco, written by Linda Thompson,
the lawyer from Indianapolis who offered to defend Koresh.
Redistribute freely.

Waco, Another Perspective
by Linda Thompson
American Justice Foundation

Would somebody please tell me, just what is the "government approved"
religion, so that I can join it and not have to live in fear of being
labeled a "cult member" and summarily executed by firing squad or
burned at the sake as a witch?

I am an attorney and I represent the Schroeder family members who
survived the siege at Waco. I have also talked with several Branch
Davidians who have survived, speaking with some who were in jail during
the siege and with some who survived the fire as well as others who
were not inside the center when the agents from the Bureau of Alcohol,
Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) first arrived.

The Branch Davidians are not glazed-over, moon-child crazies. In my
conversations with them, they seem to be well educated, articulate,
very nice people. Many had normal jobs outside the Mt. Carmel Center.
None of them believed they were under David Koresh's "control". Each of
them said they were free to leave whenever they wanted.

Words can't express the sickness, horror and outrage I felt, watching
an army tank bash holes in the walls of the house at Mt. Carmel,
Monday, April 19, 1993 - exactly 50 years after the Nazis burned the
Warsaw ghetto and, coincidentally, the anniversary of Paul Revere's
ride for freedom. What animal did they get to drive that tank? What
monsters devised this plan and put it in motion?

And all the while, the FBI's personal mouthpiece, Ricks,
sanctimoniously made claims that this was done to "urge" the people to
come out, that the FBI was "concerned about child abuse" because of the
"conditions the children were living in." Let's remember who turned off
all the power, water, and sewage to the center and subjected the
children to these filthy conditions. Let's look at who subjected these
children to 24-hour a day sounds and lights, and tanks running up to
the house and circling it 24 hours a day. Let's remember who gassed
small children, pounded their home with tanks, and then burned them to
death.

And, unbelievably, Ricks then claimed that CS gas was pumped into the
house out of concern for the welfare of the children. There were no gas
masks for children and this gas is horribly painful and sickening. All
the while this horrible gas is being pumped into the house, suffocating
and burning them, a huge tank is ramming the house from the outside,
making it a very safe place indeed for children and their mothers to
run to escape the gas, if they could. And the FBI is shouting, "This is
not an assault."

A Branch Davidian told me that when the tank rammed the house the women
ran upstairs with the children. The tank rammed the house so hard, the
house twisted and all the doors inside were jammed shut and could not
be opened. The women and children were trapped in the inferno and
burned alive upstairs. A man who saw pictures of the aftermath reported
on April 22nd, that the mothers' bodies had been found trying to shield
their now dead children.

Another fellow sent me information on the chemical structure of CS gas.

Catching Janet Reno and the FBI in a glaring lie, they claim that the
CS gas was non-flammable, which means that it was a CS mixture made
with water. If so, this combination produces a deadly narcotic gas
which would have rendered the Branch Davidians stuperous. CS gas can be
made by mixing the active ingredient with one of several base liquids
to produce a gas. The only non-flammable liquid is water, but this
combination produces a narcotic. The remaining liquids with which the
active ingredient can be mixed to produce CS gas are all highly
flammable.

I have received reports from no less than 15 people across the country
who saw on the TV footage, two men in black uniforms, wearing gas
masks, who climbed up to the roof from the outside of the house and set
the fire. How could any Branch Davidian even get outside to climb up to
that roof. Better still, why would they need to go outside and climb on
the roof, since the fire could easily be set from inside?

Three Army demolitions experts have called to tell me that the tanks
assaulting the house was a "dragon tank", fitted with a special nozzle,
usually used to blow in jelled gas that will stick to everything,
forming a highly flammable coagulant on every surface.

And any fool knows that if the FBI intended to merely put in CS gas,
they did not need to make gaping holes in the wall of the house. In
fact, that would make the gas dissipate and escape,

Huge, gaping holes were bashed in the sides of the building, not to
induce CS gas, so much as to make sure the house was well ventilated,
and that the fire would spread rapidly. A fire expert told me that the
best way to make a building burn fast is to punch holes in the lower
part.

This morning, a nurse was interviewed on two radio programs, KGBS in
Waco, Texas and another in Laport, and she said that at 5:00 a.m.
Monday morning the FBI had come to the hospital and asked what
facilities they had for burn victims!! Conveniently, now tonight, the
FBI has a cover story. They are now claiming they detected "three
lights" inside the house the night before so that the Branch Davidians
had set the house on fire on Sunday night.

Three others reported seeing footage where the tank drove over a gas
tank, exploding it. The Branch Davidians had generators and their own
fuel storage tanks. These blew up. The FBI now claims these explosions
were "bombs" set as booby traps. But no end of bomb experts have told
me that it was a propane tank, pure and simple, which is easily
detected by the slow dispersion of the fire wave and the fire ball
created in the explosion.

One Branch Davidian has told me that there was no "suicide" - that no
one from the Branch Davidians set the fire at all and didn't know it
was coming. Another yelled at reporters as he came out that the tank
had turned over a lantern, setting the blaze inside.

The only suggestion of "suicide" in fact, seems to have its origins
with the Cult Awareness Network (CAN), a group that seems to label any
religion as a "cult" and all religious practices as a "sickness." This
group wields a lot of power in Washington and with the BATF. A CAN
advisor to the BATF was providing disinfomation for 30 days before the
assault. The wife of late Senator Joe Ryan, who died at Jonestown,
fuels the zealous fury with which CAN attacks any group it labels a
"cult." Deprogrammers and kidnappers "rescue" people in these "cults".
Afterwards, a deprogrammed victim has been, literally, brainwashed,
which is how the "deprogramming" is accomplished. They will then say
whatever the programmer has told them !o say about the group that they
formerly belonged to. And so we get "first-hand testimonials" of
"sex-abuse" and "devil-worship" or whatever nauseating tales can be
foisted upon an unsuspecting public. The goal: To dehumanize the people
in that group, make them appear filthy and disgusting, make the
American public turn their heads away when something like the carnage
at Waco takes place.

We are no better than the Germans who did nothing when Hitler murdered
Jews and blacks. Will we stand by and continue to allow these
atrocities to occur in our own county? American "law enforcement" using
military troops to kill American men, women, and children? And with the
full sanction from the highest levels of government and with the full
power of the United Slates government to cover it up?

The rest of the story follows:

The news media was kept 3 miles from The Mt. Carmel Center by armed
guards at all roads into the compound. And the media dutifully
regurgitated whatever tripe the FBI fed them each day at 10:30 a.m.
calling it "news" as they slandered the Branch Davidians, spreading
lies of "child molesting", "planned mass suicide", and "religious
whackos in Waco".

No matter, sensationalism sells newspapers, doesn't it? It gets those
network ratings up, too. It wouldn't be a story if they told the truth.
The FCC might shut down a network or two or yank a permit. Better that
100 people should die in an inferno than expose the depths of the
depravity of the leaders of this country.

Well, the FBI lied and the major networks repeated these lies without
question, allowing themselves to be nothing but a tool of propaganda.

Here's the real story:

In 1992, Sheri Jewel and her ex-husband were in a custody battle over
their daughter, Keri. Sheri was a Branch Davidian and she was killed in
the fire Monday, April 19, 1993.

Her ex-husband is a radio announcer. His wife is a TV personality. They
have money.

A fellow named Mark Breault, who is reputed to have a felony record,
used to be a Branch Davidian. He proclaimed himself to be a prophet.
After awhile, he tried to take over the Mt. Carmel compound and was
ousted by David Koresh. Breault, an Australian, left, vowing revenge.
He often called the compound daily to harass the members.

Not surprisingly, a vengeful Breault, made various allegations against
the Branch Davidians in an affidavit in the Jewel's custody battle
lawsuit. This was in Michigan in 1992.

Senators were contacted to investigate these allegations, as was the
"Cult Awareness Network." The Cult Awareness Network is a group in
Washington, DC, headed by the wife of late Senator Ryan who was killed
at Jonestown. She has a personal vendetta, too. And she wields a lot of
power in Washington, apparently, because if someone ends up on the
"cult" hit list, they frequently end up dead, arrested for IRS
violations, or with other legal problems.

The allegations of child molestation were investigated in the
intervening two years, twice, by Texas welfare department authorities
and found to be baseless. The Sheriff's department investigated the
allegations of illegal guns and these claims were found to be baseless.
The investigations were peaceful. There were no problems.

Mark Breault, however, continued to make his baseless and slanderous
allegations against the Branch Davidians. "The Cult Awareness Network"
turned up the pressure.

The newspapers called Breault a "private investigator who has tracked
the Davidians for two and a half years." "Tracked"? They had lived at
the Mt. Carmel Center since 1935. How much "tracking" did it take?
"Investigator"? Ha! He's a self-proclaimed "prophet" with a vendetta
against the Branch Davidians. And who paid him so handsomely that he
could afraid to "track" them for 2-1/2 years, anyway? Did the media
bother to check any of this out? Never.

You may remember that in the first few days the Branch Davidians were
under siege, they hung a sheet outside the window that said, "Send in
Don Stewart, CFA and Ron Ingleman." I now know all these people pretty
well by phone now.

Don Stewart says he is a former paid informant and hired assassin for
the BATF. He named dates, names, and places, and detailed a secret hit
squad operated under the BATF by a man code-named "Wolfgang" (whose
name he identified to me). He claims this secret hit squad killed a
fellow named Tomassi in California; a religious leader called the
Bogwan Rashnesh Shari; and provided the weaponry to Sarah Moore, the
woman who tried to shoot President Ford, and that the BATF drove her
through guards to get her in place. He says they took her children to
keep her quiet. He also says that John Wayne Beams, the man who ran the
ad in Soldier of Fortune magazine as a hired hitman that got Soldier of
Fortune sued when he actually carried out a hired murder for someone,
was a paid operative for the government as a line of work.
Congressional records show that a man named Dick Stoffberg was another
such operative, who was a hired assassin of our government and also ran
guns and cocaine in and out of the country. Don Stewart is now on the
run from the BATF, living in an RV with his family. If even a 10th of
his information is true, it is a sorry, sorry tale of the depravity
existing at the highest levels of our government.

CFA - the Constitutional Foundation Association, Grand Prairie, Texas,
[124 Northeast 9th Avenue, Grand Prairie, Texas 75050, (314) 264-6756]
was started by Greg Sanlia and Bill Griffith, to expose the true story
in Waco. They are also now working to establish common law courts
throughout the country to put corrupt judicial officials and
politicians behind bars, where they belong. Together with Ken Fawcett,
they have collected over 300 hours worth of videotapes of the initial
onslaught. People who have studied these tapes in slow motion say that
they show that the BATF agents who were killed going in through the
second story window were killed by friendly fire and their own frag
grenade. When they got inside the window, they were in a 10 x 10 room
that had a locked steel door. They couldn't get out. They were hit by
friendly fire and trapped in the room when the frag grenade went off.

One Branch Davidian, Mike Schroeder, left the Mt. Carmel compound that
morning to go to work as usual. He passed by agents who never stopped
him. He didn't learn of the initial siege until later that day. When he
tried to return home, he was shot in the back as he climbed a fence.
His body was left hanging on the fence for days, as his wife and
children could see him there, from inside the house. The government
finally moved his body, using a grappling hook from a helicopter, at
night, to drop it into a nearby field, where it was chewed by wild dogs
and buzzards beyond recognition as a human being. Another man was shot
and his body was left up on the water tower for days by the government
and it, too, was dropped to the ground at night by a helicopter,
leaving pieces to be scraped up from the ground.

Then two old ladies, who came out of the compound with the children,
said that all the children had been in an upstairs room when they were
suddenly fired upon by helicopters through the roof the day of the
siege. They covered the children with their own bodies to protect them.
These old ladies were charged with murder and held in jail. Eventually,
they were put under arrest as material witnesses and held in a half-way
house out of the city.

While the FBI was claiming to be urging the Branch Davidians to
surrender, FBI spokesperson Ricks announced on Friday, April 17th, that
anyone who came out would be considered a threat to the BATF agents and
would be shot. Shots and percussion grenades were fired at a person who
tried to leave through a window that day and at Steve Schneider. Ricks
said that Steve Schneider had "abused his privileges" and had to be
taught a lesson.

For 51 days, the FBI tortured the people inside the Mt. Carmel center.
All utilities, including sanitation, were cut off. Loudspeakers were
set up all around the house to blare sounds 24-hours a day, including
the sounds of rabbits being slaughtered, the sound a phone makes when
it is left off the hook, Tibetan monk chants, jet airplanes, babies
crying, and songs such as "These Boots Are Made for Walking" and
Christmas carols.

Stadium lights were set up to keep the place lit up 24 hours a day.
Military tanks, including M1 Abrams and Bradleys, were brought in and
rapidly circled the house, firing percussion grenades continuously. The
tanks would charge up to the house and stop within feet of the house
repeatedly.

Black helicopters flew overhead. Two dark green huey gunships also flew
over frequently, guns mounted in front. The black helicopters have no
markings on them and appear to have a rotorless tail. I got pictures of
two of them that flew over the compound and parked at the FBI
headquarters.

These same black helicopters have been reported by many people who have
spotted them performing "strafing" patterns over suburban areas. They
are used as part of a "multi-jurisdictional" task force police and the
storage locations for them are secret. They are also frequently spotted
over the homes of persons targeted by the government as "dissidents";
and just shortly after our militia protest rally in Waco on April 3,
1993, other people reported two of these helicopters circling over my
house in suburban (and very populated) Indianapolis. Around the 40th
day of the siege, David Koresh announced that the children and babies
were out of milk. Several relief efforts to bring baby food to the Mt.
Carmel compound were turned back. My husband and I tried on Saturday
and Sunday, April 3rd and 4th to deliver baby food and baby supplies to
the compound. We were detained for questioning and turned away. When I
posed the direct question to the FBI headquarters, "Has it come to
this? Does the United States government want babies to starve to
death?", the answer was, verbatim, "Yes". We took the food and put it
alongside The road block at the press entrance with a sign that said,
"Please take this food to the Mt. Carmel babies. The FBI says 'Let em
starve.'" Within minutes, an ATF agent in a pick-up truck that had
"Wild Bill" painted on the side, stole all the food.

Two people from South Bend, Indiana, one of them Gary Spaulding, were
arrested for trying to take baby food and supplies into the Mt. Carmel
center the following week.

When they were arrested, Gary specifically asked the arresting officer
if he didn't want to "check with his high command to be sure that the
officer was doing what the high command wanted." The officer replied,
"I can assure you that I speak for high command when I say that food is
not going in to those babies."

And to the agents who stole the food, and every state trooper, every
BATF agent, and every FBI agent who prevented those children from
receiving food, you are murderers.

At the road-block entrance, the ATF had off-duty agents standing
along-side the highway, holding signs that said "We support The ATF"
and "Honk if you support the ATF." About one car in 12 honked and it
should be noted this was a major artery for ATF agents going to and
from work, which could account for the occasional person stupid enough
to honk. The weekend of April 4th, my husband and I stood alongside
them with our own signs that said, "ATF welcomes you to Nazi AmeriKa"
and "the ATF kills women and babies." Little did we know just how
prophetic that sign would be.

And how did the BATF account for what it did when it assaulted the
Branch Davidians? Did it offer to show the American public the search
warrant they claimed to have? No. In fact, the search warrant and
probable cause affidavit, if they existed at all, were "sealed" by
court order. A court order from the magistrate who signed it in the
first place, Dennis Green. Dennis Green, you are a murderer.

The only judge in that district, Walter Smith. Jr. of the Waco
Division, Western U.S. District Court in Waco, who chose and supervises
Magistrate Green, denied eight petitions for relief filed by various
lawyers seeking to order the FBI and BATF to be made to follow the law
and the United States Constitution. The government never once filed a
single paper in opposition to any of these motions. There was clear,
controlling Supreme Court law that required that these petitions to be
granted. The judge had no legal reason to deny them, yet he did. And he
used the same order, nearly a xerox, to deny all of them. Walter Smith,
Jr., you are a murderer.

Waiter Smith is the same judge who allowed arraignments of people who
left the compound to be held in secret. When there was not sufficient
probable cause to hold them under arrest, he allowed them to be
detained in jails as "material witnesses."

And this same judge is the only judge in that division, where all the
remaining Branch Davidians, now facing "murder" charges, will be put on
trial.

And, now that the warrants have been unsealed, the entire "probable
cause" is nothing more than voodoo allegations that the cult "might" do
something violent in the future, so the BATF had to act. It alleges a
lot of perfectly legal and lawful actions as "probable cause." Nearly
two pages are devoted to such "scandalous" activities as "paying cash
for C.O.D. deliveries" from UPS (without noting that few vendors will
accept anything BUT cash for a C.O.D. delivery). And, interestingly,
Larry Gilbreath of UPS apparently found the time to supply the ATF with
descriptions of times, dates, and circumstances of his deliveries, as
well as the items he delivered, all of them legal. Remember that rumor
that UPS was keeping track of anyone receiving or sending shipments
that had anything to do with guns? Well, here's the proof. It's in the
probable cause affidavit, plain as the nose on my face. UPS, the
Unauthorized Private Snoops for the government.

The 17-page probable-cause affidavit is heavily padded with allegations
of "child molestation" and "sex with all the women." The BATF has no
jurisdiction whatever over "child molesting" or having sex with a lot
of different women. The BATF is only supposed to check to see if taxes
have been paid on various weapons and if weapons regulations have been
observed. And the ATF makes liberal use of wholly useless and innocent
remarks that Koresh made to uninvited government spies who must have
worn a path to his house, such as a welfare worker who was there to
ostensibly check on the children's welfare, but seemed interested only
in finding out about any guns that might be there, to the point of
obsession. And the undercover ATF Agent who came over a few times. Gee,
whatever happened to privacy in one's own home? It is clear these
government interlopers were quite peeved when David Koresh attempted to
politely tell them to mind their own business and when they wouldn't,
he would entertain them, playing the guitar or showing a Gun Owners of
America video tape that accurately portrays the ATF as an agency that
lies to, threatens and harasses individuals.

The affidavit shows ATF's paranoia where it implies that remarks by
Koresh that refer to Koresh's interpretation of the 6th Seal, whereby
God will send an army to earth, indicate that Koresh is prone to
violence. But the BATF has absolutely no jurisdiction whatsoever on
someone who might become violent.

After the BATF and FBI learned that the American Justice Federation had
released a press release stating that the use of military troops
against United States citizens violated federal law, specifically, the
Posse Comitatus Act, 32 U.S.C. 1835, the BATF released a cover story,
claiming that the tanks were "really" not Army, they were National
Guard, and had been brought in under the "Drug Interdiction Act"
because they had heard there was a "methamphetamine lab" - three weeks
after the FBI had already publicly announced them was never any
question whatever of drug involvement.

Governor Ann Richards of Texas, who authorized the use of the tanks,
claimed she had been tricked. But she still did not order the tanks to
be withdrawn. Ann Richards, you are a murderer.

Each day, secret horrors were perpetrated upon the Branch Davidians,
out of sight of the American public, as the press cowered like sheep
out on the fringes. Each day, the FBI gave us "The Truth", as told by
the FBI, and the news media dutifully lapped it up and spread it
throughout the country, poisoning the minds of people across the
country, just as the FBI intended. FBI Agents Jeff Jamar and Ricks, you
are murderers.

Did any of the news media ever challenge how the BATF might have any
jurisdiction at all over "child molesting" allegations? Or their
authority to bring in two cattle trailers full of armed men, who threw
grenades at the front door and went in shooting at woman and children
on a Sunday morning? Each of you in the media who didn't question, who
didn't challenge, who didn't know enough about the Constitution of this
country to even ask an intelligent question, each of you are murderers.

One or two persons asked decent questions at the press conference.
Lewis Beam, a former KKK grand dragon and political activist, and a
reporter from Soldier of Fortune Magazine, were kicked out of the press
conference for asking pointed questions. Lewis Beam was arrested. His
crime? Asking "Is this the beginning of Gestapo tactics and martial law
in this country" at the press conference.

Two other known "trouble makers" (this author included), were prevented
from entering the press conference, despite valid press credentials. In
fact later that day, I was detained as a BATF agent at a road block
pointed a machine gun at me and my partner, John Baird, and our
credentials were stolen. My crime? I had filed a lawsuit on behalf of
the Branch Davidians, asking that they be allowed to have legal
counsel. And for all the unasked questions: No, it is not illegal to
own a machine gun in this county. Even if the Branch Davidians had a
machine gun, which it now appears they did not, if it was "illegal", it
only meant that a $200 tax had not been paid on it. All it takes to
legally own a machine gun in this country is to pay a $200 tax and fill
out a Form 4. The BATF is supposed to check that those taxes have been
paid.

Branch Davidians have said that Paul Fatta, a Branch Davidian, held a
Class III dealer's license. That meant that he could legally own, sell,
and buy any type of gun. It is thus highly unlikely that there were any
"illegal" guns in the center at all. And who is responsible for issuing
these permits? The BATF. They knew Paul Fatta had a license.

Paul Fatta was not at the Mt. Carmel Center the day the BATF assaulted
the Branch Davidians. Nonetheless, he is now listed on the FBI's "10
Most Wanted" list as "armed and dangerous." This gives the government
the ability to shoot him on sight and then claim he was a "fleeing
felon." It is, in other words, a license for the government to kill,
again. To bury the best evidence against them, again.

The FBI claims to have found one "illegal" gun. It also claims to have
found a "weapons cache" of $200,000 in guns which it found by checking
through the BATF's registration records. That means these guns were
LEGALLY registered. Yet the FBI is referring to this as an "illegal
weapons cache."

Neighbors we have spoken with who have known the Branch Davidians for
15 years described them as "good Samaritan" types who helped their
neighbors and were kind and friendly. Normal people, good neighbors.
The kind of folks you'd probably rather have living around you than the
thugs who commit the drive-by shootings, rapes, and robberies, for
instance.

Calling a religion a "cult" and putting out false information across
the media about "child molesting" and "weapons caches" is exactly the
same technique that was used by the Nazis to portray the Jews as
filthy, disgusting people, so they could be killed. It is the same
technique used by every tyrannical government, to kill an unpopular and
potentially vocal adversarial group. But in this country, we are
supposed to have freedom of religion. It would seem that is a pipe
dream. Tell me, what is the "official government-approved religion" I
should join so I don't have to worry about being shot or be burned to
death in my own home by the government?

We have three confirmed reported citings of trainloads of UN tanks
going into Portland, Oregon, over the past few weeks, and troop
movements of unmarked military vehicles across the nation. Perhaps you
might want to ponder the significance of these events.

And Monday night, April 19, 1992, wasting no time to exploit these
horrific deaths, Peter Jennings, in yet another "made for propaganda"
ABC News TV special, gave a full and impartial (not) accounting of
events by having those bastions of integrity, Kisser, of the Cult
Awareness Network, and a former Branch Davidian, give us "insight" into
how Branch Davidians and other "cults" think. As if they know. Peter
Jennings twice said tonight that "there are more than 100 cults across
the country and this is a warning of things to come." And Clinton
issued an ominous statement along the same lines the same night.

And by Thursday night, two reporters had tried to enter what remained
of the Mt. Carmel property and were arrested. A guy named McDonald,
speaking for Governor Ann Richards of Texas, made it plain that
attempting to enter the area could result in "tragic circumstances." In
other words, while the cover up is going on, anyone trying to find out
the truth will be shot.

David Koresh had a message for the world. He wasn't holding out to
commit suicide. He didn't hold anyone hostage. He wanted to give what
he believed was a gift to the world. He believed he held the secret to
the seven seals, spoken of in Revelations. He wanted to offer what he
knew for anyone who could hear it, believing he had a duty to offer it
to help save the souls of those who did not know. He wanted the time to
write it down. which be had to do in candlelight, using a manual
typewriter, on scraps of paper.

He sent a message to the FBI telling them this. He also sent messages,
Bible scriptures, that said that God would send his holy armies to
smite his enemies.

That much may be true. The Waco massacre has awakened Americans all
across the nation to what is horribly wrong in this country. A voice of
unity is being heard, getting louder each day. I have received over
4,000 phone calls in a week, from many different groups and
organizations, and people of all races and religions, from all walks of
life. They have one thing that has brought them together: A search and
a demand, for liberty and justice for all. We have seen our leaders on
the television, lying to us with straight faces, offering
justifications for this carnage, as if there could ever be any possible
moral explanation or excuse that could be enough. That the people
offering these excuses are morally bankrupt and corrupt should be
obvious. And all of them, Bill Clinton, Janet Reno, William Sessions,
and Lloyd Bentsen, are murderers.

This is the coming of the New World Order. A one-world government
where, in order to put the new government in place, we must all be
disarmed first. To do that, the government is deliberately creating
schisms in our society, funding both the anti-abortion and pro-choice
sides, the anti-gun/pro-gun issues, black-white race riots,
gay/anti-gay hysteria, trying to provoke a riot that will allow martial
law to be implemented and all the weapons to be seized, while
"dissidents" are put safely away; perhaps, as in David Koresh's case,
permanently. This was gun control in action, folks, exactly the way our
government plans to play it out, without apologies. Now you tell me who
were the criminals here and who should be disarmed?

Interestingly, the day the Branch Davidians were murdered is also the
anniversary of the ride of Paul Revere.

Jim De Arras

May 12, 1993, 8:52:40 AM5/12/93
In article <1sptv8$c...@usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu> bu...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu

Could be, but they were traveling in an odd direction, and unmarked, as I said.
Just looked odd, and that was before I read this. I live between the Pentagon
and the Norfolk Naval Base, and so see these convoys all the time.

> >[...]
> >>
> >> Americans, my fellow patriots, we have cold-blooded killers running our
> >> country. Isn't it about time you put down your beer, get up off the
> >> sofa and do something about it?
> >>
> >> Linda Thompson
> >> American Justice Federation
> >> Telephone: 317-780-5204
> >> FAX: 317-780-5209
> >> BBS: 317-881-2743 [Fidonet 1:231/110]
> >>
> >> --
> >> Larry Cipriani -- l.v.ci...@att.com
> >
> >--
> >j...@handheld.com

-

> --

> The opinions expressed by the author are insightful, intelligent and very
> carefully thought out. It is therefore unlikely that they are shared by the
> University of Iowa or Case Western Reserve University.

--
j...@handheld.com

Christopher Morton

May 12, 1993, 10:08:26 AM5/12/93
As quoted from <1spps6...@clem.handheld.com> by j...@cube.handheld.com (Jim De Arras):

> In article <C6w51...@cbnews.cb.att.com> l...@cbnews.cb.att.com (Larry
> Cipriani) writes:
> > This is a first-hand report regarding Waco, written by Linda Thompson,
> > the lawyer from Indianapolis who offered to defend Koresh.
> > Redistribute freely.

> > Waco, Another Perspective
> > by Linda Thompson
> > American Justice Foundation
> >
> [...]
> >
> > We have three confirmed reported citings of trainloads of UN tanks
> > going into Portland, Oregon, over the past few weeks, and troop
> > movements of unmarked military vehicles across the nation. Perhaps you
> > might want to ponder the significance of these events.
> >

> I don't know how much of all this to buy, but this paragraph brought a chill to
> my spine. This past Saturday, I passed a VERY long military convoy, unmarked,

Don't sweat it. If Linda's concerned about it, it's probably nothing to be
concerned about.

"You're like a bunch of over-educated, New York jewish ACLU lawyers
fighting to eliminate school prayer from the public schools in
Arkansas" - Holly Silva

COCHRANE,JAMES SHAPLEIGH

May 12, 1993, 1:42:20 PM5/12/93
#
#> Cipriani) writes:
#> > This is a first-hand report regarding Waco, written by Linda Thompson,
#> > the lawyer from Indianapolis who offered to defend Koresh.
#> [...]
#> >
#> > We have three confirmed reported citings of trainloads of UN tanks
#> > going into Portland, Oregon, over the past few weeks, and troop
#> > movements of unmarked military vehicles across the nation. Perhaps you
#> > might want to ponder the significance of these events.
#> >
#>
#> I don't know how much of all this to buy, but this paragraph brought a chill to
#> my spine. This past Saturday, I passed a VERY long military convoy, unmarked,
#Don't sweat it. If Linda's concerned about it, it's probably nothing to be
#concerned about.
#
No intention to flame anybody here, but the UN doesn't HAVE it's own tanks...
The UN has no standing military forces, and relies on contributions from
member countries. That's why OpDesStorm was mostly a US led operation, using
NATO doctrine and tactics. As for an unmarked military convoy, US mil vehicles
are only marked on the rear bumper with the unit number and vehicle number.
And this is painted in black paint over a camoflage paint job. This black
paint is also used for tire pressure and fuel type markings. So chances are,
the convoy observed was some National Guardsmen moving off to drill, or military
units being reshuffled due to base closings. I haven't seen any unusual
military movements around Atlanta, which has a MUCH higher military value than
Portland, due to the C3I resources and C130 Hercules plant. Throw in the fact
that the Pentagon doesn't have any great love for Billary, and doesn't like
letting foreign troops run around on it's turf, and I don't see too much cause
for worry... (other than some of the extremist individuals showing up as
Clinton appointees... One of my profs decided she didn't want to be associated
with the Clinton Administration, so rejected their offer... I think she also
objected to being considered primarily because she's female...)

James

#--
#===================================================================
#"You're like a bunch of over-educated, New York jewish ACLU lawyers
#fighting to eliminate school prayer from the public schools in
#Arkansas" - Holly Silva

James S. Cochrane * When in danger, or in doubt, run in * This space
gt6...@prism.gatech.edu * circles, scream and shout. * for rent

MILLER, JIMMY A.

May 12, 1993, 1:53:17 PM5/12/93
In <1spps6...@clem.handheld.com> j...@cube.handheld.com writes:

> In article <C6w51...@cbnews.cb.att.com> l...@cbnews.cb.att.com (Larry
> Cipriani) writes:
> > This is a first-hand report regarding Waco, written by Linda Thompson,
> > the lawyer from Indianapolis who offered to defend Koresh.
> > Redistribute freely.

> > Waco, Another Perspective
> > by Linda Thompson
> > American Justice Foundation
> >
> [...]
> >
> > We have three confirmed reported citings of trainloads of UN tanks
> > going into Portland, Oregon, over the past few weeks, and troop
> > movements of unmarked military vehicles across the nation. Perhaps you
> > might want to ponder the significance of these events.
> >

> I don't know how much of all this to buy, but this paragraph brought a chill
>to my spine. This past Saturday, I passed a VERY long military convoy,
>unmarked, which struck me as unusual. We have numerous convoys around here,
>and I usually don't notice them. But this one just looked 'odd'. There were
>a large number of mil-green dump trucks with tarps over them. Large guns,
>two per dump truck, seemed to be the contents. A variety of other vehicles,
>and personnel carriers, too.
>
>Could be nothing, but when added to the above paragraph, I'm a little shaken.

I wouldn't be. I have read her reports before. As I recall, one had her
praising the Cuban commitment to "liberating" other peoples...So I tend to
regard her stuff with roughly a ton of salt.

Consider the descriptions: UN tanks? Really? They're easy to spot, painted
white and all. Where does the US have peacekeepers? The UN, recall, has no
forces of its own. And the US refuses to anything real with the UN unless it
has control of its units (see Somalia). Also, there is always a military
convoy, going somewhere, doing something (they call it training), somewhere in
the US. After all, its a big place. Where were these convoys? What vehicles
were in them? Trucks and/or hummers? APC's? Arty? Or bulldozers? I've seen
lots of 'em myself, and the vehicles are never "marked." I'm not even suree
what she means by "unmarked." No big star on the side? No big sign saying "US
Military Vehicle", like its not already pretty damn obvious?

We're nearing Summer. It's the training and manuever season. Has been for
millenia. Not something to be paranoid about. Bases are being closed, troops
retired, and equipment shuffled about due to budget cuts. You're likely to
see quite a bit of extra traffic until things finally settle out.

These kinds of statements, made in the context of a rabble-rousing article,
without specifics of ANY kind (besides Portland, I don't suppose anybody who
reads this lives around there?) are to be viewed with utmost suspicion. They
strike me as being inflammatory purely for the sake of being inflammatory.
They beg the question of WHY without answering. Oftimes the answers are en-
tirely too simple and logical to satisfy the consipracy theorists, who would
rather you think its all a plot.

Jim Miller

Texas A&M University '89 & '91 | Life Wanted: | You don't have to be a Marine
"Beauty...survives." | Apply Within | To be Semper Fi.

David L. Veal

May 12, 1993, 4:16:10 PM5/12/93
In article <1spps6...@clem.handheld.com> j...@cube.handheld.com (Jim De Arras) writes:

>In article <C6w51...@cbnews.cb.att.com> l...@cbnews.cb.att.com (Larry
>Cipriani) writes:
>> This is a first-hand report regarding Waco, written by Linda Thompson,
>> the lawyer from Indianapolis who offered to defend Koresh.
>> Redistribute freely.

>> Waco, Another Perspective
>> by Linda Thompson
>> American Justice Foundation
>>
>[...]
>>
>> We have three confirmed reported citings of trainloads of UN tanks
>> going into Portland, Oregon, over the past few weeks, and troop
>> movements of unmarked military vehicles across the nation. Perhaps you
>> might want to ponder the significance of these events.
>>

>I don't know how much of all this to buy, but this paragraph brought a chill to
>my spine. This past Saturday, I passed a VERY long military convoy, unmarked,
>which struck me as unusual. We have numerous convoys around here, and I
>usually don't notice them. But this one just looked 'odd'. There were a large
>number of mil-green dump trucks with tarps over them. Large guns, two per dump
>truck, seemed to be the contents. A variety of other vehicles, and personnel
>carriers, too.
>
>Could be nothing, but when added to the above paragraph, I'm a little shaken.

Remember, people, that there is currently a budget shake-up and
base closings around the country to consider. You are probably simply
seeing personnel and equipment being shuttled around.

About this UN nonsense, we're making noises about getting involved
in Bosnia. The U.S. putting UN markings on tanks for that purpose
isn't all that amazing.

David Veal Univ. of Tenn. Div. of Cont. Education Info. Services Group
PA14...@utkvm1.utk.edu (Mail to VE...@utkvm1.utk.edu will bounce)

Christopher Morton

May 12, 1993, 4:44:04 PM5/12/93
As quoted from <97...@hydra.gatech.EDU> by gt6...@prism.gatech.EDU (COCHRANE,JAMES SHAPLEIGH):

> No intention to flame anybody here, but the UN doesn't HAVE it's own tanks...

I've been all through this stuff during the war with DiNardo and his great
train hoax. Suffice to say that if Linda Thompson's pushing something, it
can't be all THAT likely.

"You're like a bunch of over-educated, New York jewish ACLU lawyers

fighting to eliminate school prayer from the public schools in

Arkansas" - Holly Silva

Jim De Arras

May 12, 1993, 6:02:02 PM5/12/93
In article <PA146008.86...@utkvm1.utk.edu> PA14...@utkvm1.utk.edu

Well, as I said, I was a "little" shaken. Not panicked! I see convoys around
here all the time, many hundreds over my lifetime, and this one just looked
different when I saw it, that's the only reason I remembered it at all. No
unit numbers or plates of any kind. Just odd. That's all. I'm well aware of
Ms. Thompson's reputation, that was even reflected in my comment in the first
line!

> David Veal Univ. of Tenn. Div. of Cont. Education Info. Services Group
> PA14...@utkvm1.utk.edu (Mail to VE...@utkvm1.utk.edu will bounce)

Jim
--
j...@handheld.com