Electoral College; DimocRats tampering in the dark?

rglench...@my-deja.com

Dec 18, 2000, 8:11:16 AM12/18/00
OK, I maybe paranoid, but I cant help feeling a little uneasy with
this. The DimocRats have members who openly admit to trying to tamper
with the Republican delegates to the electoral college today. Though
the Republicans are taking some steps to insure the loyalty of the
electors, flying them in a day early and feeding them, etc, I dont
think that this would counter any effective blackmail if the DimocRats
had found three members with enough skeletons in the closet to turn
them to Gore.
I mean, suppose that the Dims found three Republican delegates from
states where the elector is not bound by law to vote for their
candidate. Suppose further that the Dims turned up some good blackmail,
like a long affair unkown by the spouse that would bankrupt the target
in divorce. Or an elector who has "worked with" some DimocRat officials
in kick-back schemes or worse? The Dims are known to eat their living,
like the DimocRat that designed the butterfly ballot in Palm Beach, she
lasted all of about 1 hour after it was clear Gore had a close one in
Florida, so hurting their own party members wouldnt sheild the corrupt
Republican elector at all. If three such electors turned for Gore, then
Gore becomes president inspite of his official concession speech. What
are the Republicans doing to stop this kind of thing?
And the Dims sure seem to be awfully celebratory in spite of their
loss. I have never before seen Gore look so chipper in defeat. Hell,
they even threw a huge party to celebrate their "loss".

I wish I had confidence that the Republicans had lined up some
DimocRats that might turn if any Bush electors turn. But I doubt the
Republicans did such a thing. Their reputation for not knowing where to
find the brass knuckles when the Dims are kicking down the door is why
the Republicans are often refered to as the "Stupid" Party. And why I
am not going to feel easy about all this till I hear that the electors
have all voted for their appropriate candidates, and Bush has won.

RGlenCheek

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Joel C Simon

Dec 18, 2000, 8:48:51 AM12/18/00

<rglench...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> OK, I maybe paranoid, but I cant help feeling a little uneasy with
> this.

Yes, you're paranoid. Of course, that doesn't mean they're not out to get
you.

I, too, do not have a feeling of finality about Bush's election. There's
still a rabbit in the Democrats' hat, and I'm not convinced it's going to
stay there. This has been the most openly dirty presidential election since
the 19th century, and nothing would surprise me anymore. The election that
really matters hasn't happened yet.

rglench...@my-deja.com

Dec 18, 2000, 10:33:09 PM12/18/00
In article <91l4bu$h4g8$1...@newssvr06-en0.news.prodigy.com>,

"Joel C Simon" <JOEL....@prodigy.net> wrote:

> <rglench...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > OK, I maybe paranoid, but I cant help feeling a little uneasy with
> > this.
>
> Yes, you're paranoid. Of course, that doesn't mean they're not out
to get
> you.

Gee thanks, Joel. :/

> I, too, do not have a feeling of finality about Bush's election.
There's
> still a rabbit in the Democrats' hat, and I'm not convinced it's
going to
> stay there. This has been the most openly dirty presidential
election since
> the 19th century, and nothing would surprise me anymore. The
election that
> really matters hasn't happened yet.

Yes, but it is now a done deal, so I guess I can go back to to
reading "The 70 Top Conspiracies of All Time" in peace. :P