Noah and "Origin" of cats mentioned on BBC Radio

Robert Carnegie

Apr 23, 2007, 8:58:28 PM4/23/07
_The Unbelievable Truth_ is a new raucous radio panel game in which
comedians try to sneak surprising truths into otherwise nonsensical
speeches, topic and truths being prepared in advance. Similar things
have been done before, and I'm concerned, both that it's too hard to
distinguish rare facts from inventions, and - I think this is a
different point - rare facts may be not facts when you inquire, being
often misunderstood or even invented outright.

Anyway, one that I hadn't heard about Noah's Ark is reproduced for
instance here:
http://ww2.netnitco.net/users/legend01/cattale.htm

The story of how the cat was born when a lion sneezed - sexually
confused as it is - was described as "Hebrew mythology" and therefore
technically a "true" statement in the game. The use of catgut in
_Fiddler on the Roof_ was not mentioned.

Other tellings of the lion thing, however, have Noah petitioning the
lion itself for a solution, rather than God.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,3605,899403,00.html
dismisses one other claim made, as I feared - although I am rather
glad in this case - "that Brahms shot cats with an arrow" either for
sport or as obscure natural musicological research.