Fractal Evolution

Throwback

Apr 24, 2007, 11:20:45 AM4/24/07

John Harshman

Apr 24, 2007, 12:29:07 PM4/24/07
Throwback wrote:

> http://classes.yale.edu/Fractals/CA/welcome.html
>
> http://www.brucelipton.com/article/fractal-evolution

Do you have a point of some kind? If so, what is it?

Throwback

Apr 26, 2007, 10:14:56 AM4/26/07
On Apr 24, 12:29 pm, John Harshman <jharshman.diespam...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

To start a thread on the topic so people if interested can read
about it if interested. If not, there is plenty of other things to
read here, and they can move on to the next thread.
Are you claiming the subject is not on topic?

John Harshman

Apr 26, 2007, 10:40:07 AM4/26/07
Throwback wrote:

So you have no point. You neither affirm nor deny the claims made in the
sites you referenced. And if the subject is on topic, you will have to
explain in more (or any) detail why. Not everything to do with evolution
is relevant to talk.origins.

Throwback

Apr 26, 2007, 1:58:00 PM4/26/07
On Apr 26, 10:40 am, John Harshman <jharshman.diespam...@pacbell.net>

wrote:
> Throwback wrote:
> > On Apr 24, 12:29 pm, John Harshman <jharshman.diespam...@pacbell.net>
> > wrote:

> >>Do you have a point of some kind? If so, what is it?
>
> > To start a thread on the topic so people if interested can read
> > about it if interested. If not, there is plenty of other things to
> > read here, and they can move on to the next thread.
> > Are you claiming the subject is not on topic?
>
> So you have no point.

No my point is, I looked in the archives and found only
4 subject lines about this topic. I felt if it would interest
anyone here, here were a few links to read, and if they
then wanted to comment on it, they could then do so.
If not, please move on to the next thread ...

geo...@hotmail.com

Apr 26, 2007, 2:32:25 PM4/26/07
On Apr 26, 3:40 pm, John Harshman <jharshman.diespam...@pacbell.net>
> is relevant to talk.origins.- Hide quoted text -

I found it interesting. I've been playing with the Game of Life myself
recently, and felt it'd be a perfect test subject for ID, as there are
structures in the Lifeverse which have been proven to be impossible to
generate by the rules of the game (Gardens of Eden) - they have to be
created. And because it's mathematical it should be easy to calculate
information and stuff. I guess the only reason they're not working on
it is because they're so busy with their other research.