A Challenge For The Wise Fools

1 view

SJAB1958

Apr 23, 2007, 1:21:16 PM4/23/07
There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
again?

eerok

Apr 23, 2007, 1:46:22 PM4/23/07
SJAB1958 wrote:

As far as I can tell, I was born successfully the first time.

--
"The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality."
- George Bernard Shaw

Mark VandeWettering

Apr 23, 2007, 2:08:23 PM4/23/07
["Followup-To:" header set to talk.origins.]

Probably lots. But claiming that one knows and understands "the truth"
(pat. pending) is a sign of lunacy, not wisdom.

Mark

Perplexed in Peoria

Apr 23, 2007, 2:16:27 PM4/23/07

"SJAB1958" <bal...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1177348876.5...@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> again?

Among those of us who know and understand the truth, I can speak only
for myself. I have not been born again.

Elf M. Sternberg

Apr 23, 2007, 2:23:36 PM4/23/07
SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> writes:

I was born right the first time.

Elf

Greg G.

Apr 23, 2007, 3:04:08 PM4/23/07

I was born again in 1975. Mom is still pissed about it.

I gave up Christianity for Lent a few years later.

--
Greg G.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is
noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by
experience, which is the bitterest.
--Confucius

geo...@hotmail.com

Apr 23, 2007, 3:06:13 PM4/23/07
On Apr 23, 7:23 pm, "Elf M. Sternberg" <e...@drizzle.com> wrote:

I am about the four thousandth reincarnation of a being who is
alternately reincarnated as skunks, so it goes man, skunk, man, skunk,
man, skunk... and so on until about the sixteenth century, when I was
a duck for some reason... then man, skunk, man, skunk, until the
present day. Currently I'm a man.

All right, none of that is true. Except the last bit.

Timberwoof

Apr 23, 2007, 3:20:16 PM4/23/07
In article <1177348876.5...@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> wrote:

What does being born again have to do with knowing the truth?

--
Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com> http://www.timberwoof.com
Level 1 Linux technical support: Read The Fscking Manual!

raven1

Apr 23, 2007, 3:58:00 PM4/23/07

Claiming the latter generally seems to preclude the former...
--

"O Sybilli, si ergo
Fortibus es in ero

Timberwoof

Apr 23, 2007, 3:58:15 PM4/23/07
In article <1177355173.0...@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
geo...@hotmail.com wrote:

So you're actually a skunk? That's cool. I like skunks: you guys have
cool haircuts.

Kermit

Apr 23, 2007, 4:18:59 PM4/23/07

As the precocious grandson of the Baptist preacher, I was born again
and baptised in his church at the age of nine. It was quite an
experience.

I later realized that the fundamentalist upraising had induced a deep
sense of guilt in me. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory
of God!" That message is drummed into us from before the ability to
walk. Even if you think you haven't done anything wrong, then *that
would be arrogance, and is sin. The "born again" experience was a
sense of overwhelming release from the guilt, but otherwise not
profound. Since no true transformation of the person is achieved, they
generally fall into old habits, feel guilty, and a similar process is
repeated. Rather addictive, from what I could see, in those who were
not very introspective.

After dropping all of the associated beliefs, I found myself dropping
the guilt as well. The difference being that I don't have to deny
scientific data now, and I can sleep late on Sundays. There *are
transformative mental events, some shamanistic traditions are centered
around it. I suppose the "born again" experience could be this for
some folks, but I saw little improvement in the folks in my church.

<shrug> YMMV

Kermit,
church-free for 43 years.

richardal...@googlemail.com

Apr 23, 2007, 4:24:10 PM4/23/07

It seems to be a characteristic of those who claim to have been "born
again" and who post on this forum that they do not feel bound by the
normal rules of logic, coherence and honesty.

Could you explain to us how this supports their assumption of moral
superiority over "Darwinists", "Evolutionists" and the atheists they
denigrate?

RF

skyeyes

Apr 23, 2007, 4:24:14 PM4/23/07
On Apr 23, 10:21 am, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I'm a former born-again Christian; is that what you're talking about?

(And yes, I really *was* "born again," I really believed it hook, line
and sinker.)

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
skyeyes at dakotacom dot net

MitchAlsup

Apr 23, 2007, 4:43:38 PM4/23/07
On Apr 23, 12:21 pm, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> how many of you have truly been born again?

You know, there is no evidence that anyone has come out of his mothers
uterus more than one time.

Greg G.

Apr 23, 2007, 5:09:36 PM4/23/07

So, sometimes you have some cool black and white stripes and sometimes
you are just a stinker. I recall a past life from 500 years ago when
we had a village idiot who sat in the pond going "quack, quack,
quack".

> All right, none of that is true. Except the last bit.

--
Greg G.

Uh-Oh Phrase
>From your kid in college:
"I really think the definition of cult is so arbitrary these days..."

TCE

Apr 23, 2007, 5:25:34 PM4/23/07
On Apr 23, 2:58 pm, Timberwoof <timberwoof.s...@inferNOnoSPAMsoft.com>
wrote:
> In article <1177355173.070661.315...@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

I was Marie Antoinette in a previous life; after that I was
Switzerland up until the WWII.

---
Strange

axlq

Apr 23, 2007, 5:35:52 PM4/23/07

Hey, that's me. I know and understand the truth, and I have been
born again! -- but never as a Christian, as far as I can recall.
Anyway, I doubt those folks even know what the term "born again"
truly means.

-A

Ye Old One

Apr 23, 2007, 6:23:55 PM4/23/07
On 23 Apr 2007 10:21:16 -0700, SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> enriched

Once was enough for me.

--
Bob.

jgri...@scu.k12.ca.us

Apr 23, 2007, 6:20:16 PM4/23/07
On Apr 23, 10:21 am, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:

My church doesn't believe in childhood baptism. They believe this is
too serious a matter and can only be made by an adult at maturity. So,
I wasn't baptized as a child, however it would be accurate to state
that I accept that Jesus died for my sins and God's wisdom in how this
all comes together in the end is in His hands. Accordingly, I don't
feel much personal guilt about much of anything. I've done what I felt
was right (even if it didn't always look like it), traveled many
directions and life has been good (I can't genuinely complain). That's
not to say my life has been a bowl of cherries, for the better part of
forty years, various medical professionals have been of the opinion
that I should be dead and I'm still around (No great miracle, they
have their textbook patients and I'm just not one of them). I wasn't
supposed to reach 21, most childhood patients diagnosed as I was grow
progressively worse and die before adulthood. My personal physician
assured me I'd be dead in weeks, 2 years ago, unless I followed her
instructions and started taking a shitload of medications (I
wouldn't)... she'd still pissed I'm not dead! It's not that I'm just
being contrary, but being threatened with death by the medical
establishment for nearly forty years, I'm a little skepical. If
anything hurt, I'd go to emergency, but nothing's hurting, so I can't
be too bad off, regardless of what they say. To the extent that this
all tracks back to faith in God is anybody's guess. I don't worry
about it. Everyone dies if you live long enough. I'll get around to
it, eventually.

JTG 4/23/07

John Wilkins

Apr 23, 2007, 6:50:10 PM4/23/07
eerok <ee...@addr.invalid> wrote:

> SJAB1958 wrote:
>
> > There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> > those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> > again?
>

> As far as I can tell, I was born successfully the first time.

I was aborted the second time...
--
John S. Wilkins, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Biohumanities Project
University of Queensland - Blog: scienceblogs.com/evolvingthoughts

Frank J

Apr 23, 2007, 7:23:09 PM4/23/07

Back in '75 whan I started hearing the phrase "born again," I would
say "I'm like Generalissimo Franco, still dead." I'm no longer an
atheist, but "still dead" still applies.

JQ

Apr 23, 2007, 8:26:31 PM4/23/07

Uh, no thank you. Once was enough. And my skull'd be too big now,
anyway.

Mark Isaak

Apr 23, 2007, 8:58:50 PM4/23/07

I changed my major twice. Surely that counts for something.

--
Mark Isaak eciton (at) earthlink (dot) net
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of

Tom McDonald

Apr 23, 2007, 10:05:54 PM4/23/07

I don't claim to know and understand "the" truth. I do claim to
be interested in asking and seeking answers for questions I have
about spiritual and religious things.

But I have been born again. In important ways, to me anyhow, I am
born again every time I attend communion.

"Truly" born again? Ah! One of those spiritual and religious
questions I'm looking into.

eerok

Apr 24, 2007, 12:57:54 AM4/24/07
John Wilkins wrote:
> eerok <ee...@addr.invalid> wrote:
>> SJAB1958 wrote:

>> > There are those here who claim to know and understand the
>> > truth. Of those I would ask one question, how many of you
>> > have truly been born again?

>> As far as I can tell, I was born successfully the first time.

> I was aborted the second time...

According to the math, you're still in the game.

Though that'll teach you to get fancy.

Bobby Bryant

Apr 24, 2007, 2:24:41 AM4/24/07
In article <1177348876.5...@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> writes:

a) What definition of "born again" are you using?

b) Why do you add the the "truly" qualifier? Please give a realistic
example that illustrates the difference between "truly born again"
and "not-truly born again".

Thanks.

--
Bobby Bryant
Reno, Nevada

Remove your hat to reply by e-mail.

grumpy

Apr 24, 2007, 4:26:36 AM4/24/07
On Apr 23, 12:21 pm, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> again?

Why must we be born again if we did it right the first time.

God created you to be a man/woman and you created you to be a
christian,were you not pleased with God's creation?

Rolf

Apr 24, 2007, 4:30:57 AM4/24/07

"Bobby Bryant" <bdbr...@wherever.ur> skrev i melding

> In article <1177348876.5...@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
> SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> > those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> > again?
>
> a) What definition of "born again" are you using?
>
> b) Why do you add the the "truly" qualifier? Please give a realistic
> example that illustrates the difference between "truly born again"
> and "not-truly born again".
>
> Thanks.

You beat me to it; we need a consensus regarding what 'born again' means.
For what it may be worth, i think that the real, intended meaning of the
term is to cast off the cloak of false identity we all hide our true
identity with.
To be born again means, as St. Paul repeatedly stresses, is to become one
with "The Christ in you". This resurrection of Christ - in you - is the true
meaning of Christendom. That is what it is all about.

I guess most of us have an adequate understanding of what kind of
(mythological) human being Jesus-Christ is/was. But look what a mess
literalism has made of religion. Instead of being a source for spiritual
renewal it has become the absurd faith in a life hereafter in a mythical
'heaven' where we will meet all our dear ones again and live eternally
happily ever thereafter. Unless we end up in hell of course, where the Devil
has a lot of interesting diversions for us.

Interesting theology - after God's ultimate victory, the devil still rules
his own kingdom - and then, we must presume, without further intervention by
his arch-enemy, God.

I suppose I also will have to claim that a true 'born again' Christian would
not be bragging about it.

Kermit

Apr 24, 2007, 11:12:12 AM4/24/07
On Apr 24, 1:30 am, "Rolf" <r...@tele2.no> wrote:
> "Bobby Bryant" <bdbry...@wherever.ur> skrev i meldingnews:JohXh.546$RX....@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net...> In article <1177348876.520379.213...@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,

> > SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > > There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> > > those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> > > again?
>
> > a) What definition of "born again" are you using?
>
> > b) Why do you add the the "truly" qualifier? Please give a realistic
> > example that illustrates the difference between "truly born again"
> > and "not-truly born again".
>
> > Thanks.
>
> You beat me to it; we need a consensus regarding what 'born again' means.
> For what it may be worth, i think that the real, intended meaning of the
> term is to cast off the cloak of false identity we all hide our true
> identity with.
> To be born again means, as St. Paul repeatedly stresses, is to become one
> with "The Christ in you". This resurrection of Christ - in you - is the true
> meaning of Christendom. That is what it is all about.
>
> I guess most of us have an adequate understanding of what kind of
> (mythological) human being Jesus-Christ is/was. But look what a mess
> literalism has made of religion. Instead of being a source for spiritual
> renewal it has become the absurd faith in a life hereafter in a mythical
> 'heaven' where we will meet all our dear ones again and live eternally
> happily ever thereafter. Unless we end up in hell of course, where the Devil
> has a lot of interesting diversions for us.

I always thought that if the quotes of Jesus in the scriptures were to
be trusted, he sounded a lot like a Bodhisattva born into a Jewish
culture.

"The Kingdom of Heaven is within you."
"It is easier for a camel to go thru the eye of a needle than for a
rich man to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven."
"Some of you shall not die before the Son of Man comes again."

Etc. Sounds like he was talking about detachment and enlightenment.
And the Holy Spirit would be the Buddha nature within. Etc.

Ah well. I just want to garden, and walk without wobbling. And maybe
visit the Shaunessy Twins one last time.

And get the American Creationists to leave our science classes alone.
And fix that annoying drip in the shower.
And get that book I've been looking at in Barnes and Noble.
And lose six pounds.
And...

> Interesting theology - after God's ultimate victory, the devil still rules
> his own kingdom - and then, we must presume, without further intervention by
> his arch-enemy, God.

Yeah, what's up with that? Is that his reward for an almost successful
rebellion?

> I suppose I also will have to claim that a true 'born again' Christian would
> not be bragging about it.

Not to mention public displays of piety.

> > --
> > Bobby Bryant
> > Reno, Nevada
>
> > Remove your hat to reply by e-mail.

Kermit

John Wilkins

Apr 25, 2007, 12:17:30 AM4/25/07
SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> again?

The answer is: four. This is the number of the ABBA tribute band called
Bjorn Again. Truly.

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 3:18:13 AM4/30/07
geo...@hotmail.com wrote in news:1177355173.070661.315660
@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

fool

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 3:17:39 AM4/30/07
"Elf M. Sternberg" <e...@drizzle.com> wrote in

> SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>> again?
>
> I was born right the first time.
>
> Elf

fool

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 3:19:34 AM4/30/07
Timberwoof <timberw...@inferNOnoSPAMsoft.com> wrote in

> So you're actually a skunk? That's cool. I like skunks: you guys have
> cool haircuts.

fool

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 3:22:07 AM4/30/07
"Greg G." <ggw...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1177362576.824666.318600
@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

> So, sometimes you have some cool black and white stripes and sometimes
> you are just a stinker. I recall a past life from 500 years ago when
> we had a village idiot who sat in the pond going "quack, quack,
> quack".

fool

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 3:23:02 AM4/30/07
"Greg G." <ggw...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1177355048.598328.283260
@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

> On Apr 23, 1:21 pm, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>> again?
>

> I was born again in 1975. Mom is still pissed about it.
>
> I gave up Christianity for Lent a few years later.

fool

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 3:21:06 AM4/30/07
TCE <strang...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> I was Marie Antoinette in a previous life; after that I was
> Switzerland up until the WWII.

fool

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 3:26:22 AM4/30/07

> In article <1177348876.5...@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,

> SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>> again?

> What does being born again have to do with knowing the truth?

A good question, many who claim to be born again also claim to
have found the truth.

tc

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 3:41:16 AM4/30/07
Kermit <unrestra...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> On Apr 23, 10:21 am, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>> again?

> As the precocious grandson of the Baptist preacher, I was born again
> and baptised in his church at the age of nine. It was quite an
> experience.

> I later realized that the fundamentalist upraising had induced a deep
> sense of guilt in me. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory
> of God!" That message is drummed into us from before the ability to
> walk. Even if you think you haven't done anything wrong, then *that
> would be arrogance, and is sin. The "born again" experience was a
> sense of overwhelming release from the guilt, but otherwise not
> profound. Since no true transformation of the person is achieved, they
> generally fall into old habits, feel guilty, and a similar process is
> repeated. Rather addictive, from what I could see, in those who were
> not very introspective.

> After dropping all of the associated beliefs, I found myself dropping
> the guilt as well. The difference being that I don't have to deny
> scientific data now, and I can sleep late on Sundays. There *are
> transformative mental events, some shamanistic traditions are centered
> around it. I suppose the "born again" experience could be this for
> some folks, but I saw little improvement in the folks in my church.

The same kind of unfortunate experience, happened to most of the
people I grew up with, including myself. I wonder what kind of reward
those who taught twisted Christianity, they fervently believed in,
will receive on judgement day?

The value of correct formation of conscience is self evident on the
streets of Bagdad!

The 1988 Webster's dictionary defines conscience in the modern sense as

* the faculty power, or inward principle which decides as to the
character of one's own actions, purposes, and affections, warning against
and condemning that which is wrong, and approving and prompting to that
which is right;
* the moral faculty passing judgment on one's self;
* the moral sense.

It quotes William Shakespeare's Richard III from the play of the same
name as saying:

My conscience hath a thousand several tongues, And every tongue
brings in a several tale, And every tale condemns me for a villain.

and William Whewell:

As science means knowledge, conscience etymologically means self-
knowledge . . . But the English word implies a moral standard of action
in the mind as well as a consciousness of our own actions. . . .
Conscience is the reason, employed about questions of right and wrong,
and accompanied with the sentiments of approbation and condemnation.

Any consideration of conscience must consider the estimate or
determination of conscience and the resulting conviction or right or
duty.

[edit] Adam Smith

Adam Smith said: Conscience supposes the existence of some such [i.e.,
moral] faculty, and properly signifies our consciousness of having acted
agreeably or contrary to its directions.

[edit] Martha Stout

Martha Stout, Ph.D., in her book The Sociopath Next Door defines
conscience as the "intervening sense of responsibility [or obligation]
based on emotional attachment [or connectedness]."/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscience

John Wilkins

Apr 30, 2007, 3:46:48 AM4/30/07
The Corrector <sp...@spam.org> wrote:

No, Switzerland is *never* foolish.

I'm Marie Antoinette *now*.

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 3:50:46 AM4/30/07
richardal...@googlemail.com wrote in news:1177359850.530200.67230
@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> On Apr 23, 6:21 pm, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>> again?

> It seems to be a characteristic of those who claim to have been "born
> again" and who post on this forum that they do not feel bound by the
> normal rules of logic, coherence and honesty.

This is "Darwinists" and "Evolutionist" opinion.

> Could you explain to us how this supports their assumption of moral
> superiority over "Darwinists", "Evolutionists" and the atheists they
> denigrate?

The question is not of superiority, it is of foundation.
Logically, no Creator means no Rights. Without "Rights"
morality is without a fixed meaning. Islam that rejected
Christs Law of love, is the source of terror today.

tc

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 4:12:08 AM4/30/07
ax...@spamcop.net (axlq) wrote in news:f0j8ro$qau$2...@blue.rahul.net:

fool

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 4:10:38 AM4/30/07
skyeyes <sky...@dakotacom.net> wrote in news:1177359854.894351.80690
@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> On Apr 23, 10:21 am, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>> again?

> I'm a former born-again Christian; is that what you're talking about?

> (And yes, I really *was* "born again," I really believed it hook, line
> and sinker.)

Born again means choosing to follow Christs Law, not having
a pipeline to God's wisdom. To be born again one must have
an open mind.

tc

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 4:11:02 AM4/30/07
MitchAlsup <Mitch...@aol.com> wrote in news:1177361018.709378.289100
@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> On Apr 23, 12:21 pm, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> how many of you have truly been born again?

> You know, there is no evidence that anyone has come out of his mothers
> uterus more than one time.

fool

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 4:14:06 AM4/30/07
JQ <jac...@writeme.com> wrote in news:1177374391.813484.175680
@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

fool

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 4:14:40 AM4/30/07
Mark Isaak <eci...@earthlink.net> wrote in

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:21:16 -0700, SJAB1958 wrote:

>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>> again?

> I changed my major twice. Surely that counts for something.

fool

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 4:13:15 AM4/30/07
"jgri...@scu.k12.ca.us" <jgri...@scu.k12.ca.us> wrote in

> On Apr 23, 10:21 am, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>> again?

> My church doesn't believe in childhood baptism. They believe this is
> too serious a matter and can only be made by an adult at maturity. So,
> I wasn't baptized as a child, however it would be accurate to state
> that I accept that Jesus died for my sins and God's wisdom in how this
> all comes together in the end is in His hands. Accordingly, I don't
> feel much personal guilt about much of anything. I've done what I felt
> was right (even if it didn't always look like it), traveled many
> directions and life has been good (I can't genuinely complain). That's
> not to say my life has been a bowl of cherries, for the better part of
> forty years, various medical professionals have been of the opinion
> that I should be dead and I'm still around (No great miracle, they
> have their textbook patients and I'm just not one of them). I wasn't
> supposed to reach 21, most childhood patients diagnosed as I was grow
> progressively worse and die before adulthood. My personal physician
> assured me I'd be dead in weeks, 2 years ago, unless I followed her
> instructions and started taking a shitload of medications (I
> wouldn't)... she'd still pissed I'm not dead! It's not that I'm just
> being contrary, but being threatened with death by the medical
> establishment for nearly forty years, I'm a little skepical. If
> anything hurt, I'd go to emergency, but nothing's hurting, so I can't
> be too bad off, regardless of what they say. To the extent that this
> all tracks back to faith in God is anybody's guess. I don't worry
> about it. Everyone dies if you live long enough. I'll get around to
> it, eventually.

wise

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 4:13:45 AM4/30/07
Frank J <fn...@comcast.net> wrote in news:1177370589.785183.43180
@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

> On Apr 23, 1:21 pm, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>> again?

> Back in '75 whan I started hearing the phrase "born again," I would
> say "I'm like Generalissimo Franco, still dead." I'm no longer an
> atheist, but "still dead" still applies.

fool

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 4:15:21 AM4/30/07
Tom McDonald <kil...@gspammail.com> wrote in news:kCdXh.2251$os3.977
@newsfe12.lga:

wise

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 4:22:31 AM4/30/07
"Rolf" <ro...@tele2.no> wrote in news:595tclF...@mid.individual.net:

> "Bobby Bryant" <bdbr...@wherever.ur> skrev i melding
>> In article <1177348876.5...@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
>> SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> writes:
>>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been
>>> born again?

>> a) What definition of "born again" are you using?

>> b) Why do you add the the "truly" qualifier? Please give a realistic
>> example that illustrates the difference between "truly born again"
>> and "not-truly born again".

> You beat me to it; we need a consensus regarding what 'born again'

> means.
> For what it may be worth, i think that the real, intended meaning of
> the term is to cast off the cloak of false identity we all hide our
> true identity with.
> To be born again means, as St. Paul repeatedly stresses, is to become
> one
> with "The Christ in you". This resurrection of Christ - in you - is
> the true meaning of Christendom. That is what it is all about.

> I guess most of us have an adequate understanding of what kind of
> (mythological) human being Jesus-Christ is/was. But look what a mess
> literalism has made of religion. Instead of being a source for
> spiritual renewal it has become the absurd faith in a life hereafter
> in a mythical 'heaven' where we will meet all our dear ones again and
> live eternally happily ever thereafter. Unless we end up in hell of
> course, where the Devil has a lot of interesting diversions for us.

> Interesting theology - after God's ultimate victory, the devil still
> rules his own kingdom - and then, we must presume, without further
> intervention by his arch-enemy, God.

Emanuel Swedenborg

> I suppose I also will have to claim that a true 'born again' Christian
> would not be bragging about it.

wise

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 4:24:45 AM4/30/07
j.wil...@uq.edu.au (John Wilkins) wrote in news:1hx4q7l.179bz6p83uh5iN%
j.wil...@uq.edu.au:

> SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>> again?

> The answer is: four. This is the number of the ABBA tribute band called
> Bjorn Again. Truly.

fool

hhya...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2007, 4:29:32 AM4/30/07
On Apr 24, 1:21 am, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> again?

As far as sensible humen are concerned, they are only born
once.........
For you how many times you need to be born...?
And for the twisted minded who had been conned by the ancient Jewish
story book, bible, there is no meaning to be born 1,000
times.....simply lie again after 1,000 times.....
Yap

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 4:31:37 AM4/30/07
grumpy <grumpy...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1177403195.997958.109090
@r3g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

As children grow up they learn things that disprove childish
beliefs. Many mistake the death of those beliefs for enlightenment.
Being born again would be the rediscovery of God's existance.

tc

Ernest Major

Apr 30, 2007, 4:31:53 AM4/30/07
In message <Xns9922CA9A3C...@69.28.173.184>, The Corrector
<sp...@spam.org> writes
Does Matthew 5:22 apply here?
--
alias Ernest Major

hhya...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2007, 4:41:57 AM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 4:15 pm, The Corrector <s...@spam.org> wrote:
> Tom McDonald <kilt...@gspammail.com> wrote in news:kCdXh.2251$os3.977

No, fool.........!
And those who claimed born again are the ones who are more fool than
others simply because they are conned more deeply than by the conned
book, bible, with their false character..........
Yap

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 4:43:45 AM4/30/07
hhya...@gmail.com wrote in news:1177921772.243672.314130
@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

fool

hhya...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2007, 4:48:06 AM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 4:31 pm, The Corrector <s...@spam.org> wrote:
> grumpy <grumpybum...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1177403195.997958.109090

Fool.......
Do you regard Bush as a born again.......?
But he did not believe in god simply curse god's action in
9-11.........
He defied his god's wish by invading Iraq.........that's born again
behaviour....
Yap

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 4:46:07 AM4/30/07
SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1177348876.520379.213730
@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> again?

__________________________
Ask the mirror on the wall
Who's the biggest fool of all,
Bet you feel small,
It happens to us all.

See the world
Ask what's it for,
Understanding, nothing more,
Don't you feel small,
It happens to us all.

Time is now to spread your voice,
Time's to come there'll be no choice,
Why do you feel small,
It happens to us all.

Look at progress,
Then count the cost,
We'll spoil the seas
With the rivers we've lost.

See the writing on the wall,
Hear the mirror's warning call.
That's why you feel small,
It happens to us all.

Ask the mirror on the wall
Who's the biggest fool of all,
Bet you feel small,
It happens to us all.
http://www.lyricsdomain.com/13/moody_blues/

hhya...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2007, 5:03:22 AM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 4:46 pm, The Corrector <s...@spam.org> wrote:
> SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1177348876.520379.213730

Simply wrong..............
Sensible humen are supposed to be the largest (not fool) of them
all..........
Only the so-called "born again" are the foolest of them all.......
Who were also being conned most of all........
By the story book of Jewish origin the bible they called...........
Yap

John Wilkins

Apr 30, 2007, 5:12:12 AM4/30/07
The Corrector <sp...@spam.org> wrote:

...anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Ozan Türkyılmaz

Apr 30, 2007, 5:59:08 AM4/30/07
On 23 Nisan, 20:21, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> again?

i was born again when i took a math class in my first year in İTÜ. i
can never think like a ordinary man again. i have become a engeeneer.

Vlad the accountant

Apr 30, 2007, 6:16:24 AM4/30/07
On 24 Apr, 05:57, eerok <e...@addr.invalid> wrote:
> John Wilkins wrote:
> > eerok <e...@addr.invalid> wrote:

> >> As far as I can tell, I was born successfully the first time.
> > I was aborted the second time...
>
> According to the math, you're still in the game.
>
> Though that'll teach you to get fancy.
>
> --
> "The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality."
> - George Bernard Shaw

It was aboiogenisis in my case

Love and X's

GOD

TomS

Apr 30, 2007, 7:45:27 AM4/30/07
"On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 07:50:46 GMT, in article
<Xns992289C714...@69.28.173.184>, The Corrector stated..."

Rights belong to individuals.

Evolution is about groups.

The sciences most concern with the individual, origins of
the individual, functioning of the individual, and so on -
those sciences are reproductive biology, biochemistry,
genetics, ...

If you feel that scientific investigation will lead to denial
of the rights of the individual (or the personal relationship
with one's Creator and Redeemer), then your complaints
should be directed to one of those sciences, not
evolutionary biology.

--
---Tom S.
"When people use the X is not a fact or Y is not proven gambits it is a tacit

John Baker

Apr 30, 2007, 7:55:00 AM4/30/07
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 07:17:39 GMT, The Corrector <sp...@spam.org>
wrote:

>"Elf M. Sternberg" <e...@drizzle.com> wrote in

>> SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>>> again?
>>

>> I was born right the first time.
>>
>> Elf
>
>fool

Moron.

<PLONK!>

Dick C

Apr 30, 2007, 8:28:59 AM4/30/07
The Corrector wrote in talk.origins

> geo...@hotmail.com wrote in news:1177355173.070661.315660
> @o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

>>> I was born right the first time.
>>>
>>> Elf
>>

>> I am about the four thousandth reincarnation of a being who is
>> alternately reincarnated as skunks, so it goes man, skunk, man, skunk,
>> man, skunk... and so on until about the sixteenth century, when I was
>> a duck for some reason... then man, skunk, man, skunk, until the
>> present day. Currently I'm a man.
>>
>> All right, none of that is true. Except the last bit.
>
> fool

This is it? This is all you have to say? Nothing intelligent, nothing that
helps anyone see how foolish their ideas are? Just come in and call
everyone a fool?
Sad, very Sad.

--
Dick #1349
~Benjamin Franklin

Home Page: dickcr.iwarp.com
email: dic...@comcast.net

Harry K

Apr 30, 2007, 9:55:47 AM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 1:10 am, The Corrector <s...@spam.org> wrote:
> skyeyes <skye...@dakotacom.net> wrote in news:1177359854.894351.80690

IMO one must have such an open mind it falls right out.

Harry K

TomS

Apr 30, 2007, 10:25:29 AM4/30/07
"On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:10:38 GMT, in article
<Xns9922BFA6FE...@69.28.173.184>, The Corrector stated..."

That sounds like it is a matter of choice, thereby denying the
Grace of God.

Cemtech

Apr 30, 2007, 10:45:45 AM4/30/07
In article <Xns9922C0C22B...@69.28.173.184>, sp...@spam.org
says...

spam
--
Advice when in a crowd of creationists:
"If you act like a dumbshit, they'll treat you as an equal"

gregwrld

Apr 30, 2007, 11:22:08 AM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 4:43 am, The Corrector <s...@spam.org> wrote:
> hhyaps...@gmail.com wrote in news:1177921772.243672.314130

Like you would know.

gregwrld

Kelsey Bjarnason

Apr 30, 2007, 3:57:38 PM4/30/07
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 07:17:39 +0000, The Corrector wrote:

> "Elf M. Sternberg" <e...@drizzle.com> wrote in
>
>> SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> writes:
>>

>>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>>> again?
>>

>> I was born right the first time.
>>
>> Elf
>

> fool

"Fool"? You mean he *wasn't* born right the first time? Fine; pray tell
what exactly didn't go according to plan?

Greg G.

Apr 30, 2007, 4:46:58 PM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 3:22 am, The Corrector <s...@spam.org> wrote:
> "Greg G." <ggw...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1177362576.824666.318600
> @n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:
>
> > So, sometimes you have some cool black and white stripes and sometimes
> > you are just a stinker. I recall a past life from 500 years ago when
> > we had a village idiot who sat in the pond going "quack, quack,
> > quack".
>
> fool

You forgot to post a message. All you did was add your signature.

HTH
HAND

--
Greg G.

Church Bulletin Errata
Don't let worry kill you. Let the church help.

Greg G.

Apr 30, 2007, 4:58:03 PM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 3:23 am, The Corrector <s...@spam.org> wrote:
> "Greg G." <ggw...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1177355048.598328.283260
> @n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

> > On Apr 23, 1:21 pm, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> >> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> >> again?
>
> > I was born again in 1975. Mom is still pissed about it.
>
> > I gave up Christianity for Lent a few years later.
>
> fool

What could be more foolish than responding to more than a dozen posts
with the word "fool"?

--
Greg G.

Well, besides responding to a post consisting of the word "fool".

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 5:03:21 PM4/30/07
Ernest Major <{$to$}@meden.demon.co.uk> wrote in

>> fool

I think not,
saying one changed their major twice
was a foolish response to the question,
almost as foolish as grading the responses
with "fool" or "wise" as the Challenge stated.
Bickering posts add nothing and are a waste of time.

tc

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 5:11:54 PM4/30/07

> The Corrector <sp...@spam.org> wrote:

>> j.wil...@uq.edu.au (John Wilkins) wrote in
>> news:1hx4q7l.179bz6p83uh5iN% j.wil...@uq.edu.au:

>>> The answer is: four. This is the number of the ABBA tribute band
>>> called Bjorn Again. Truly.

>> fool

> ...anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

The post was foolish, if for wise reason please explain,
I didn't get it.

tc

The Corrector

Apr 30, 2007, 5:15:25 PM4/30/07
"Ozan Türkyılmaz" <ozan.tu...@gmail.com> wrote in

Now that is funny

tc

John Bode

Apr 30, 2007, 5:27:49 PM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 3:14 am, The Corrector <s...@spam.org> wrote:
> JQ <jac...@writeme.com> wrote in news:1177374391.813484.175680
> @n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

> > On Apr 24, 2:21 am, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> >> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> >> again?
> > Uh, no thank you. Once was enough. And my skull'd be too big now,
> > anyway.
>
> fool

You know, you really *don't* have to reply to *every single tongue-in-
cheek post* with just the word, "fool." We got it after the first 5
or 6 times; you don't have a sense of humor. It's really not
necessary to hammer that home time after time after time after time
after time after time after time. You're not "correcting" anything;
you're just being annoying.

AC

Apr 30, 2007, 6:07:51 PM4/30/07
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:13:15 GMT,
The Corrector <sp...@spam.org> wrote:
> "jgri...@scu.k12.ca.us" <jgri...@scu.k12.ca.us> wrote in

>> On Apr 23, 10:21 am, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>>> again?
>
>> My church doesn't believe in childhood baptism. They believe this is
>> too serious a matter and can only be made by an adult at maturity. So,
>> I wasn't baptized as a child, however it would be accurate to state
>> that I accept that Jesus died for my sins and God's wisdom in how this
>> all comes together in the end is in His hands. Accordingly, I don't
>> feel much personal guilt about much of anything. I've done what I felt
>> was right (even if it didn't always look like it), traveled many
>> directions and life has been good (I can't genuinely complain). That's
>> not to say my life has been a bowl of cherries, for the better part of
>> forty years, various medical professionals have been of the opinion
>> that I should be dead and I'm still around (No great miracle, they
>> have their textbook patients and I'm just not one of them). I wasn't
>> supposed to reach 21, most childhood patients diagnosed as I was grow
>> progressively worse and die before adulthood. My personal physician
>> assured me I'd be dead in weeks, 2 years ago, unless I followed her
>> instructions and started taking a shitload of medications (I
>> wouldn't)... she'd still pissed I'm not dead! It's not that I'm just
>> being contrary, but being threatened with death by the medical
>> establishment for nearly forty years, I'm a little skepical. If
>> anything hurt, I'd go to emergency, but nothing's hurting, so I can't
>> be too bad off, regardless of what they say. To the extent that this
>> all tracks back to faith in God is anybody's guess. I don't worry
>> about it. Everyone dies if you live long enough. I'll get around to
>> it, eventually.
>
> wise

Anyone who thinks John Grisham is wise is... well... a fool.

--
Aaron Clausen
mightym...@gmail.com

AC

Apr 30, 2007, 6:07:12 PM4/30/07

Sort of like responding to several of them in a row with "fool".

--
Aaron Clausen
mightym...@gmail.com

AC

Apr 30, 2007, 6:06:27 PM4/30/07
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:10:38 GMT,
The Corrector <sp...@spam.org> wrote:
> skyeyes <sky...@dakotacom.net> wrote in news:1177359854.894351.80690
> @b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:
>
>> On Apr 23, 10:21 am, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>>> again?
>
>> I'm a former born-again Christian; is that what you're talking about?
>
>> (And yes, I really *was* "born again," I really believed it hook, line
>> and sinker.)
>
> Born again means choosing to follow Christs Law, not having
> a pipeline to God's wisdom. To be born again one must have
> an open mind.

Does that mean keeping open the possibility that you might be wrong about
your religious beliefs?

--
Aaron Clausen
mightym...@gmail.com

AC

Apr 30, 2007, 6:08:33 PM4/30/07
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:11:54 GMT,
The Corrector <sp...@spam.org> wrote:
> j.wil...@uq.edu.au (John Wilkins) wrote in
>
>> The Corrector <sp...@spam.org> wrote:
>
>>> j.wil...@uq.edu.au (John Wilkins) wrote in
>>> news:1hx4q7l.179bz6p83uh5iN% j.wil...@uq.edu.au:

>>> fool
>
>> ...anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.
>
> The post was foolish, if for wise reason please explain,
> I didn't get it.

So in reality you call people fool's because of your own incapacities.
Interesting. Who sounds like the fool now?

--
Aaron Clausen
mightym...@gmail.com

skyeyes

Apr 30, 2007, 6:30:54 PM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 1:10 am, The Corrector <s...@spam.org> wrote:
> skyeyes <skye...@dakotacom.net> wrote in news:1177359854.894351.80690
> @b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> > On Apr 23, 10:21 am, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> >> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> >> again?
> > I'm a former born-again Christian; is that what you're talking about?
> > (And yes, I really *was* "born again," I really believed it hook, line
> > and sinker.)
>
> Born again means choosing to follow Christs Law, not having
> a pipeline to God's wisdom. To be born again one must have
> an open mind.

If you say so. However, it's a bad thing for one's mind to be so open
that one's brains fall out.

First, provide evidence that a god (any god, you choose) exists.

Then provide evidence that Jesus was in some way "sent" by your god.

Then provide evidence that Jesus (i.e., "Christ") had a "law." From
what I remember of the Bible - and having grown up Conservative
Baptist, that's a lot - Jesus said that Jewish law was, and always
would be, in force.

You can start there.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
skyeyes at dakotacom dot net

skyeyes

Apr 30, 2007, 6:33:13 PM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 1:11 am, The Corrector <s...@spam.org> wrote:
> MitchAlsup <MitchAl...@aol.com> wrote in news:1177361018.709378.289100
> @d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> > On Apr 23, 12:21 pm, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> how many of you have truly been born again?
> > You know, there is no evidence that anyone has come out of his mothers
> > uterus more than one time.
>
> fool

Yeah, you're gonna win a *lot* of arguments that way. Not.

Tom McDonald

Apr 30, 2007, 8:22:05 PM4/30/07
The Corrector wrote:
> Tom McDonald <kil...@gspammail.com> wrote in news:kCdXh.2251$os3.977
> @newsfe12.lga:

>> SJAB1958 wrote:
>>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>>> again?
>
>> I don't claim to know and understand "the" truth. I do claim to
>> be interested in asking and seeking answers for questions I have
>> about spiritual and religious things.
>
>> But I have been born again. In important ways, to me anyhow, I am
>> born again every time I attend communion.
>
>> "Truly" born again? Ah! One of those spiritual and religious
>> questions I'm looking into.
>
> wise

Oddly, I'm not impressed by your approval.

Message has been deleted

Kelsey Bjarnason

Apr 30, 2007, 9:36:18 PM4/30/07
On Tue, 01 May 2007 10:45:12 +1000, Barry OGrady wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:17:30 +1000, j.wil...@uq.edu.au (John Wilkins) wrote:

>>SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
>>> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
>>> again?
>>

>>The answer is: four. This is the number of the ABBA tribute band called
>>Bjorn Again. Truly.
>

> If you are a linux fan you know about BASH.
> BASH is Borne Again SHell.

<nit>
Bourne, actually.
</nit>

Cemtech

Apr 30, 2007, 9:58:06 PM4/30/07
In article <i5iig4-...@spanky.localhost.net>, kbjar...@ncoldns.com
says...

My first access to the Internet was through a dial-up BASH shell
account. Before the Internet had graphics =D

--
Steve "Chris" Price
Associate Professor of Computational Aesthetics

Walter Bushell

Apr 30, 2007, 11:04:59 PM4/30/07
In article <Xns9922CA9A3C...@69.28.173.184>,
The Corrector <sp...@spam.org> wrote:

> > On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:21:16 -0700, SJAB1958 wrote:
>
> >> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> >> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> >> again?
>

> > I changed my major twice. Surely that counts for something.
>
> fool

When I left Christianity, I felt born again. All that weight and sorrow
lifted from my shoulders.

Inez

Apr 30, 2007, 11:25:49 PM4/30/07
On Apr 23, 10:21 am, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> again?

I've had two previous lives in which I was named Bjorn and carried in
a palaquin. Thus, I've been Born again, Bjorn again, and Borne
again.

Kelsey Bjarnason

May 1, 2007, 1:15:02 AM5/1/07
[snips]

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:58:06 -0700, Cemtech wrote:

>> > If you are a linux fan you know about BASH.
>> > BASH is Borne Again SHell.
>>
>> <nit>
>> Bourne, actually.
>> </nit>
>
> My first access to the Internet was through a dial-up BASH shell
> account. Before the Internet had graphics =D

Likewise - though we did end up becoming one of the first local
bbs<->internet gateway sites. All very bizarre by today's standards. :)

The Corrector

May 1, 2007, 2:30:28 AM5/1/07
John Bode <john...@my-deja.com> wrote in news:1177968469.235064.121650
@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

You are correct, but I didn't want leave someone out
and hurt their feelings. The "born again" question
is interesting and after wading through the many
stale tongue-in-cheek posts I decided to take the chalange
and sort them. The grades were, in my opinion fair, even
if alt.talk.creationism is a humor group.

tc

The Corrector

May 1, 2007, 2:33:25 AM5/1/07
AC <mightym...@gmail.com> wrote in

Exactly.

The Corrector

May 1, 2007, 2:44:35 AM5/1/07
Walter Bushell <pr...@oanix.com> wrote in news:proto-
ABB235.230...@032-325-625.area1.spcsdns.net:

What you left was not Christianity, but something else
masquerading as it. History is filled with torture and murder,
done in the name of God.

Corruption festers in closed minds.

tc

richardal...@googlemail.com

May 1, 2007, 3:25:38 AM5/1/07
On Apr 30, 8:50 am, The Corrector <s...@spam.org> wrote:
> richardalanforr...@googlemail.com wrote in news:1177359850.530200.67230
> @l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> > On Apr 23, 6:21 pm, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> There are those here who claim to know and understand the truth. Of
> >> those I would ask one question, how many of you have truly been born
> >> again?
> > It seems to be a characteristic of those who claim to have been "born
> > again" and who post on this forum that they do not feel bound by the
> > normal rules of logic, coherence and honesty.
>
> This is "Darwinists" and "Evolutionist" opinion.

Nope. It's an observation.

> > Could you explain to us how this supports their assumption of moral
> > superiority over "Darwinists", "Evolutionists" and the atheists they
> > denigrate?
>
> The question is not of superiority, it is of foundation.
> Logically, no Creator means no Rights.

Why?

> Without "Rights"
> morality is without a fixed meaning.

Morality doesn't have a fixed meaning, if by that you mean that there
are absolute standards of morality. I can think of no moral precept
which has been applied consistently by any religion or other moral
authority. If you can think of one, please tell us.

> Islam that rejected
> Christs Law of love, is the source of terror today.

You mean "Christ's law of love" which informed the Crusades? The
Spanish Inquisition? Buring of heretics? Terror bombings in Northern
Ireland? Pogroms against Jews? Slavery? Apartheid? The genocides in
Ruanda? The Invasion of Iraq?

RF

> tc

SRNissen

May 1, 2007, 3:59:52 AM5/1/07

I'm not certain I agree. I've read more than one of his posts that was
genuinely wise. That he has a blind spot w/ regards to science that is,
in fact, a mile wide, that's a pity, but perfection exists only in the
mind of Allah.

- SRNissen

The Corrector

May 1, 2007, 4:29:57 AM5/1/07
Tom McDonald <kil...@gspammail.com> wrote in news:PLvZh.2278$dU3.165
@newsfe04.lga:

Would you be impressed if anyone approved of your post?

tc

The Corrector

May 1, 2007, 5:02:01 AM5/1/07
richardal...@googlemail.com wrote in news:1178004338.283196.207070
@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> On Apr 30, 8:50 am, The Corrector <s...@spam.org> wrote:
>> richardalanforr...@googlemail.com wrote in
>> @l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

>>> It seems to be a characteristic of those who claim
>>> to have been "born again" and who post on this forum
>>> that they do not feel bound by the normal rules of logic,
>>> coherence and honesty.

>> This is "Darwinists" and "Evolutionist" opinion.

> Nope. It's an observation.

>>> Could you explain to us how this supports their assumption
>>> of moral superiority over "Darwinists", "Evolutionists" and
>>> the atheists they denigrate?

>> The question is not of superiority, it is of foundation.
>> Logically, no Creator means no Rights.

> Why?

>> Without "Rights" morality is without a fixed meaning.

> Morality doesn't have a fixed meaning, if by that you mean
> that there are absolute standards of morality.

The statement supports the assertion.

> I can think of no moral precept which has been applied
> consistently by any religion or other moral
> authority. If you can think of one, please tell us.

The Authority is the Creator, not corrupt religion.

>> Islam that rejected Christs Law of love,
>> is the source of terror today.

> You mean "Christ's law of love" which informed the Crusades?

The peversion of Christ's teaching by corrupt men in direct
opposition to God's Law.

> The Spanish Inquisition? Buring of heretics?
> Terror bombings in Northern Ireland? Pogroms against Jews?
> Slavery? Apartheid? The genocides in Ruanda? The Invasion of Iraq?

All examples of man's disobedience to God's Law.
As is punishing sinners and stoning women for adultry.

tc

The Corrector

May 1, 2007, 5:08:59 AM5/1/07
"Greg G." <ggw...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1177966018.339935.246410
@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> On Apr 30, 3:22 am, The Corrector <s...@spam.org> wrote:
>> "Greg G." <ggw...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1177362576.824666.318600
>> @n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

>>> So, sometimes you have some cool black and white stripes
>>> and sometimes you are just a stinker. I recall a past life from
>>> 500 years ago when we had a village idiot who sat in the pond
>>> going "quack, quack, quack".

>> fool

> You forgot to post a message. All you did was add your signature.

That's funny, I must not be bored again.

tc

wf3h

May 1, 2007, 5:27:54 AM5/1/07

The Corrector wrote:
> richardal...@googlemail.com wrote in news:1178004338.283196.207070
>
> > The Spanish Inquisition? Buring of heretics?
> > Terror bombings in Northern Ireland? Pogroms against Jews?
> > Slavery? Apartheid? The genocides in Ruanda? The Invasion of Iraq?
>
> All examples of man's disobedience to God's Law.
> As is punishing sinners and stoning women for adultry.
>
> tc

well, i guess someone had to say it. at least his hatred of the human
race in the name of god's love is consistent with the bible's hatred
of humanity.

richardal...@googlemail.com

May 1, 2007, 5:48:22 AM5/1/07
On May 1, 10:02 am, The Corrector <s...@spam.org> wrote:
> richardalanforr...@googlemail.com wrote in news:1178004338.283196.207070

No, a statement is simply a statement. Unless you can support it with
evidence or argument it is of no value. You assert that "Logically, no

Creator means no Rights".

So show your logic.

> > I can think of no moral precept which has been applied
> > consistently by any religion or other moral
> > authority. If you can think of one, please tell us.
>
> The Authority is the Creator, not corrupt religion.

Which fails to answer the question.
Give us an example of a moral precept which has been applied
consistently by any religion or moral authority. If you can't, your
assertion is empty words.

> >> Islam that rejected Christs Law of love,
> >> is the source of terror today.
> > You mean "Christ's law of love" which informed the Crusades?
>
> The peversion of Christ's teaching by corrupt men in direct
> opposition to God's Law.
>
> > The Spanish Inquisition? Buring of heretics?
> > Terror bombings in Northern Ireland? Pogroms against Jews?
> > Slavery? Apartheid? The genocides in Ruanda? The Invasion of Iraq?
>
> All examples of man's disobedience to God's Law.
> As is punishing sinners and stoning women for adultry.

So who set you up as the mouthpiece of God?

All those things have been carried out in the name of God, and in many
cases supported by arguments based on the Bible.

What makes their interpretation of the Bible as the word of God wrong,
and yours right?

Or do you hear the word of God from some different source?

RF

> tc

Tom McDonald

May 1, 2007, 11:58:25 AM5/1/07

Not just anyone. But there are people here whose opinions I
respect, and whose approval (and/or discussion) I would appreciate.

So far, you are not among those people. Hope, though, springs.

Dick C

May 1, 2007, 12:49:40 PM5/1/07
The Corrector wrote in talk.origins

Such as yours? You came in here calling everyone a fool, then you
claimed you have an open mind, but it seems to be open only to
your version of christianity. And that is what lead to a history
filled with torture and murder.
Not the free sharing of opinions, not the free expression of
different opinions, not the freedom to practice different religions
without fear of reprisal.
One religion being forced on all leads to abuses and horrors, as is
shown by history.
Your claims of an open mind are just a smoke screen to cover up your
blind acceptance of one very narrow religion.

--
Dick #1349
~Benjamin Franklin

Home Page: dickcr.iwarp.com