101 Scientific Facts & Foreknowledge

SJAB1958

Apr 26, 2007, 12:20:41 PM4/26/07
I took a little peek at the site that our dear associate 'Apobetics'
has been cherry-picking from to prove to all us poor ignorant
evolutionists are wrong to oppose his viewpoint and boy is it skewed!

For example "Scientific Fact #14" says this:

"Our bodies are made from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7; 3:19).
Scientists have discovered that the human body is comprised of some 28
base and trace elements - all of which are found in the earth."

It then suggests that you take a look at two particular links one of
which is a legitimate scientific website -
http://www.lenntech.com/Periodic-chart-elements/human-body.htm

And if you take a look at this link which takes you to another part of
the same website - http://www.lenntech.com/Periodic-chart-elements/earthcrust.htm

You will find that the composition of human flesh and the earth's
crust is completely different, but despite this obvious fact the good
old "101 Scientific Facts & Foreknowledge" website happily makes the
statement above about 'dust of the ground'

So now you know where he gets his so-called scientific knowledge from!

Ringer

Apr 26, 2007, 12:56:28 PM4/26/07

"SJAB1958" <bal...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I notice that the website gets its information from the ICR and that we had
to wait for science to prove the bible correct. The ancients that read it
could not discern the "truth".

TomS

Apr 26, 2007, 1:38:01 PM4/26/07
"On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:56:28 -0500, in article
<YQ4Yh.214$2r....@eagle.america.net>, Ringer stated..."

How about a comparison between the composition of the chimpanzee
body and the "dust of the ground"?

--
---Tom S.
"When people use the X is not a fact or Y is not proven gambits it is a tacit

Rich Townsend

Apr 26, 2007, 1:47:33 PM4/26/07

Hmmm, that's a little misleading. While the human body and the Earth's crust
certainly contain very different proportions of each element, it is certainly
*NOT* the case that the human body contains elements that aren't found in the
Earth's crust. Otherwise, where did these elements come from?

Greg Guarino

Apr 26, 2007, 3:11:43 PM4/26/07
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:47:33 -0400, Rich Townsend
<rh...@barVOIDtol.udel.edu> wrote:

>Hmmm, that's a little misleading. While the human body and the Earth's crust
>certainly contain very different proportions of each element, it is certainly
>*NOT* the case that the human body contains elements that aren't found in the
>Earth's crust. Otherwise, where did these elements come from?

I wading in above my depth here, but...

Human body elements by weight:
1. Oxygen (65%)
2. Carbon (18%)
3. Hydrogen (10%)
4. Nitrogen (3%)
5. Calcium (1.5%)
6. Phosphorus (1.0%)
7. Potassium (0.35%)
8. Sulfur (0.25%)
9. Sodium (0.15%)
10. Magnesium (0.05%)
11. Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine,
Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%)
12. Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic,
Bromine (trace amounts)

#2, Carbon, is ultimately derived from plants, either directly or
indirectly via consumption of plant-eating animals. I believe that the
plants get their carbon from the atmosphere.

#s 1 and 3, Hydrogen and Oxygen I assume are mostly the water in our
body. The hydrogen especially can be found in any number of other
compounds. I believe that our hydrogen is ultimately derived from
water, again in plants.

I'll leave it to someone esle to argue how much of that water is "in
the earth's crust".

Greg Guarino

Greg Esres

Apr 26, 2007, 3:17:00 PM4/26/07
<<Our bodies are made from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7; 3:19).
Scientists have discovered that the human body is comprised of some 28
base and trace elements - all of which are found in the earth.>>

Well, duh!

<<You will find that the composition of human flesh and the earth's
crust is completely different, but despite this obvious fact the good
old "101 Scientific Facts & Foreknowledge" website happily makes the
statement above about 'dust of the ground'>>

We don't have gold or copper in the earth's crust? That chart implies
the non-existence of many elements in the crust simply because the
percentages are low.

Scientific Fact #14 seems correct, but irrelevant.

Von R. Smith

Apr 26, 2007, 4:31:01 PM4/26/07
On Apr 26, 11:47 am, Rich Townsend <r...@barVOIDtol.udel.edu> wrote:
> SJAB1958 wrote:
> > I took a little peek at the site that our dear associate 'Apobetics'
> > has been cherry-picking from to prove to all us poor ignorant
> > evolutionists are wrong to oppose his viewpoint and boy is it skewed!
>
> > For example "Scientific Fact #14" says this:
>
> > "Our bodies are made from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7; 3:19).
> > Scientists have discovered that the human body is comprised of some 28
> > base and trace elements - all of which are found in the earth."
>
> > It then suggests that you take a look at two particular links one of
> > which is a legitimate scientific website -
> >http://www.lenntech.com/Periodic-chart-elements/human-body.htm
>
> > And if you take a look at this link which takes you to another part of
> > the same website -http://www.lenntech.com/Periodic-chart-elements/earthcrust.htm

> > You will find that the composition of human flesh and the earth's
> > crust is completely different, but despite this obvious fact the good
> > old "101 Scientific Facts & Foreknowledge" website happily makes the
> > statement above about 'dust of the ground'
>
> Hmmm, that's a little misleading. While the human body and the Earth's crust
> certainly contain very different proportions of each element, it is certainly
> *NOT* the case that the human body contains elements that aren't found in the
> Earth's crust. Otherwise, where did these elements come from?

I thought one of the main sources of dust in houses was human
detritus, proving that we came from dust, and to dust we return. ;)

Rich Townsend

Apr 26, 2007, 4:37:16 PM4/26/07
Greg Guarino wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:47:33 -0400, Rich Townsend
> <rh...@barVOIDtol.udel.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, that's a little misleading. While the human body and the Earth's crust
>> certainly contain very different proportions of each element, it is certainly
>> *NOT* the case that the human body contains elements that aren't found in the
>> Earth's crust. Otherwise, where did these elements come from?
>
> I wading in above my depth here, but...
>
> Human body elements by weight:
> 1. Oxygen (65%)
> 2. Carbon (18%)
> 3. Hydrogen (10%)
> 4. Nitrogen (3%)
> 5. Calcium (1.5%)
> 6. Phosphorus (1.0%)
> 7. Potassium (0.35%)
> 8. Sulfur (0.25%)
> 9. Sodium (0.15%)
> 10. Magnesium (0.05%)
> 11. Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine,
> Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%)
> 12. Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic,
> Bromine (trace amounts)

Are any of these elements *not* found in the Earth's crust?

raven1

Apr 26, 2007, 4:55:51 PM4/26/07
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:11:43 GMT, Greg Guarino <gr...@risky-biz.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:47:33 -0400, Rich Townsend
><rh...@barVOIDtol.udel.edu> wrote:
>

>>Hmmm, that's a little misleading. While the human body and the Earth's crust
>>certainly contain very different proportions of each element, it is certainly
>>*NOT* the case that the human body contains elements that aren't found in the
>>Earth's crust. Otherwise, where did these elements come from?
>
>I wading in above my depth here, but...
>
>Human body elements by weight:
> 1. Oxygen (65%)
> 2. Carbon (18%)

Don't be silly. Everyone knows that "Carbon" is actually a misprint
for "Silicon", proving the Bible correct.
--

"O Sybilli, si ergo
Fortibus es in ero

raven1

Apr 26, 2007, 4:53:33 PM4/26/07
On 26 Apr 2007 09:20:41 -0700, SJAB1958 <bal...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I took a little peek at the site that our dear associate 'Apobetics'
>has been cherry-picking from to prove to all us poor ignorant
>evolutionists are wrong to oppose his viewpoint and boy is it skewed!

Imagine my surprise.

>For example "Scientific Fact #14" says this:
>
>"Our bodies are made from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7; 3:19).
>Scientists have discovered that the human body is comprised of some 28
>base and trace elements - all of which are found in the earth."

The question that comes immediately to my mind would be "as opposed to
where else?"...

tony

Apr 26, 2007, 6:24:44 PM4/26/07

"raven1" <quotht...@nevermore.com> wrote in message

This is a classic straw man arguement.

Is it worth debating! I think that the interpretation is deliberately very
literal.

For what it's worth it is clear that all the atoms on this planet have a
long history - billions of years!

Evolutionist and creationist would have to agree that we are all from the
dust of the ground, even probably the oxygen etc. In fact we are all
probably stardust!

(I am excluding the young earth creationists from this rational, but they
would agree, 'cause the bible says so. So are there still arguments?)

If the argument is still 'not exactly' then I suggest that this is a troll.

Toj

raven1

Apr 26, 2007, 6:48:14 PM4/26/07
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 22:24:44 GMT, "tony" <tony....@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>"raven1" <quotht...@nevermore.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:11:43 GMT, Greg Guarino <gr...@risky-biz.com>
>> wrote:

>>>I wading in above my depth here, but...
>>>
>>>Human body elements by weight:
>>> 1. Oxygen (65%)
>>> 2. Carbon (18%)
>>
>> Don't be silly. Everyone knows that "Carbon" is actually a misprint
>> for "Silicon", proving the Bible correct.

>This is a classic straw man arguement.

Actually, it's classic sarcasm. Sorry it wasn't obvious enough.

Baron Bodissey

Apr 26, 2007, 9:39:32 PM4/26/07
On Apr 26, 4:53 pm, raven1 <quoththera...@nevermore.com> wrote:

We're all recyclable materials, as Shakespeare had it:

Imperious Caesar, dead and turn'd to clay,
Might stop a hole to keep the wind away:
O, that that earth, which kept the world in awe,
Should patch a wall to expel the winter flaw!
- Hamlet, Act V, Scene II

Baron Bodissey
They are ill discoverers that think there is no land when they see
nothing but sea.
- Francis Bacon

Ian Chua

Apr 27, 2007, 12:07:29 AM4/27/07
On Apr 26, 12:20 pm, SJAB1958 <balf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I took a little peek at the site that our dear associate 'Apobetics'
> has been cherry-picking from to prove to all us poor ignorant
> evolutionists are wrong to oppose his viewpoint and boy is it skewed!
>
> For example "Scientific Fact #14" says this:
>
> "Our bodies are made from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7; 3:19).
> Scientists have discovered that the human body is comprised of some 28
> base and trace elements - all of which are found in the earth."
>
> It then suggests that you take a look at two particular links one of
> which is a legitimate scientific website -http://www.lenntech.com/Periodic-chart-elements/human-body.htm

> And if you take a look at this link which takes you to another part of
> the same website -http://www.lenntech.com/Periodic-chart-elements/earthcrust.htm

> You will find that the composition of human flesh and the earth's
> crust is completely different, but despite this obvious fact the good
> old "101 Scientific Facts & Foreknowledge" website happily makes the
> statement above about 'dust of the ground'

God need not make use of the exact composition of the earth's
elements to create man.

SJAB1958

Apr 27, 2007, 1:00:47 AM4/27/07
It clearly says 'dust of the ground' not 'selected elements of the
dust of the ground' in Genesis chapter two.

Perhaps you could provide evidence to back up your grand statement, as
it seems to suggest you have a deeper knowledge of how God did things.

> > So now you know where he gets his so-called scientific knowledge from!

Thurisaz the Einherjer

Apr 27, 2007, 1:22:25 AM4/27/07
SJAB1958:

> So now you know where he gets his so-called scientific knowledge from!

Hey, what? These _are_ scientific facts!

You just need to define "science" the way the morontheists do. *cough cough*

--
Romans 2:24 revised:
"For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you

My personal judgment of monotheism: http://www.carcosa.de/nojebus

Desertphile

Apr 27, 2007, 2:50:42 PM4/27/07

Why are you telling the gods what they did and did not do?

--
http://desertphile.org

SJAB1958

Apr 28, 2007, 9:16:45 AM4/28/07
On 27 Apr, 19:50, Desertphile <desertph...@nospam.org> wrote:
> --http://desertphile.org
> Desertphile's Desert Soliloquy. WARNING: view with plenty of water- Hide quoted text -

I guess its because he thinks he can.

Kermit

Apr 28, 2007, 9:55:58 AM4/28/07

Of course not. An omnipotent god, who does things for his own unknown
purposes, can do *anything. And that's the point. If you hadn't known,
would you have expected
the percentage of elements to be the same, or different? There's no
way to predict. That's why this is not a supporting fact for
Creationism.

Evolution would expect humans to be made of elements from the Earth's
crust. It would not necessarily expect them to be in the same
proportions either. It *would expect life on Earth - especially
metazoans - to have pretty much the same proportions. We would expect
chimps and humans to be identical as far as proportions of elements,
and we are. That is a weak supporting fact for evolutionary theory.

> > So now you know where he gets his so-called scientific knowledge from!

Kermit

Robert Carnegie

Apr 28, 2007, 11:29:20 AM4/28/07

SJAB1958 wrote:

Adam was twenty feet tall before he started to excrete silicon.
That's what coprolites are.

As for the chimpanzee, it also was formed out of the earth. Very
similar earth to Adam himself. God offered the chimpanzee to Adam as
company but Adam preferred a woman. Apparently it's too late to
reconsider this now.

Message has been deleted