Video series that scientifically disproves evolution - amazing facts

***MS Fan***

Feb 18, 2001, 6:32:27 PM2/18/01
I just bought this video series that totally disproves evolution . I guarantee you that after watching this you'll be converted.

BTW, I'm not selling it.

ZenIsWhen

Feb 18, 2001, 6:56:03 PM2/18/01
In article <fYYj6.198$gw.1...@eagle.america.net>, "***MS Fan***" <sed...@mailandnews.com> wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C099D8.D3133190
>
>I just bought this video series that totally disproves evolution . I =

>guarantee you that after watching this you'll be converted.
>
>http://scienceandthebible.com/videos/
>
>BTW, I'm not selling it.

Hmmm..... good idea.
I wonder if the Nobel Prize people ever though about putting out a video to
make money?
and what about all those dry peer reviewed scientific journals?

Surely having sock puppets and claymation presentations of their papers would
liven things up a bit.

Did you happen to notice that "this is legal" because they way they use the
money is not directly illegal?
They use it to buy more materials ... gee ... and I wonder who gets the
profits from those materials they buy?

Hovind donates the video materials (information only .... which is nothing but
crap anyway), they make and sell the videos, and from the sale of the vidoes,
they buy more "religious" garbage from .... Hovind!

Does he even know how to exist without a con?

GenNem

Feb 18, 2001, 7:22:42 PM2/18/01

Perhaps you should call yourself KH Fan. And then realize you have been sucked
in by a man with a fake Ph.D. who preaches nothing but pseudo science. The
following link deals with much of the material that Hovind claims as science in
his videos using his own transcriptions to hand him on his own lies, false
claims and ignorance. http://www.geocities.com/kenthovind/

--
"If evolution is true, you could not know that it's true because your
brain ... [would be]... nothing but chemicals. Think about that."

Pat James

Feb 18, 2001, 8:28:23 PM2/18/01
On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:32:27 -0500, MS Fan*** wrote
(in message <fYYj6.198$gw.1...@eagle.america.net>):

> I just bought this video series that totally disproves evolution .

nah.

> guarantee you that after watching this you'll be converted.

how much would you care to bet on that?

> http://scienceandthebible.com/videos/
>
> BTW, I'm not selling it.

who cares?

and... given that you're a a twit who doesn't know enough to turn off the
damn MIME crap when posting to usenet, I can tell that your opinion should
count for one hell of a lot... not. Geez, you're an idiot.

--
Scientific creationism: a religious dogma combining massive ignorance with
incredible arrogance.

Message has been deleted

drewmann

Feb 18, 2001, 11:55:44 PM2/18/01

<sed...@mailandnews.com> wrote:
>>This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>>
>>------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C099D8.D3133190
>>
>>I just bought this video series that totally disproves evolution . I =
>>guarantee you that after watching this you'll be converted.
>>
>>http://scienceandthebible.com/videos/
>>
>>BTW, I'm not selling it.

That's good, because we're not buying it!

>Hmmm..... good idea.
>I wonder if the Nobel Prize people ever though about putting out a video to
>make money?
>and what about all those dry peer reviewed scientific journals?
>
>Surely having sock puppets and claymation presentations of their papers
would
>liven things up a bit.
>
>Did you happen to notice that "this is legal" because they way they use the
>money is not directly illegal?
>They use it to buy more materials ... gee ... and I wonder who gets the
>profits from those materials they buy?
>
>Hovind donates the video materials (information only .... which is nothing
but
>crap anyway), they make and sell the videos, and from the sale of the
vidoes,
>they buy more "religious" garbage from .... Hovind!
>

>Does he even know how to exist without a con?

Hovind on the age of the earth. (paraphrasing) "Jesus says the world is
6,000 years old. Textbooks say billions. Somebody here is a liar. Are you
gonna call Jesus a liar?" Macho, thuggish, intimidating pose.

No, I'm gonna call Hovind the liar. What an incredible sack of excrement.
Does he really need to make all Christians look so stupid? Even as an
atheist I feel insulted by his attack on Jesus.

Quote from Hovind: "The grand canyon was made in probably a couple of
days." More paraphrasing: "If it were made in millions of years, water
would have to have flowed uphill for millions of years too. Think about
that..." Perhaps that's good enough for the gullible automatons in his
audience there.

It is sad that people's ignorance can be exploited, maintained, and
profited from, all at once. Really sad.

Does he know the first thing about geology? Regional uplift? Incised
meanders? This is pretty elementary stuff; even I know about it. One
college-level geology class. Criminently.

He's either incredibly ignorant or an incredibly audacious liar. Pathetic
flock that falls for this tripe. No middle ground here. Sad. Tut-tut.

And I thought eBay was full of chumps!

Thanks,

-drewmann

Look past the volleyball
Look past the squawking gull
Ignore the mountain of discarded folderol.
TMBG

Boikat

Feb 19, 2001, 4:26:56 AM2/19/01

By coincidence, I was channel surfing, and came
across Hovind on one of those religious channels
(Armstrong's program). He ws debating a theistic
evolutionist (may have been Ross) and Ross was
explaining...or rather, *attempting* to explain to
Hovind how the distance to quasars can now be
measured by trigonometric means using the more
advanced radio telescopes that had been developed
of the last five years of so. Hovind just sat
there, shaking his head, "No you can't, No you
can't. You'll have to convince me of that, and
you have to convince me that you can measure
angles that small, that accuracy, and I don't
think you can do it." The astronomer even had a
paper with him that described the methodology, and
Hovind just waved it off as "story telling".

(Another tidbit: Hovind used to claim the he
taught high school science, he is now also
claiming he taught Trig. Has anyone researched
what school district (in Illinois) he supposedly
taught in, and what classes he *did* teach, and
what were the academic requirements to qualify as
a teacher in the stale and local school boards of
Illinois at the time?)

The cretin makes me want to puke.

Boikat

Boikat

Feb 19, 2001, 4:43:21 AM2/19/01
***MS Fan*** wrote:

> Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
> Encoding: quoted-printable

You need a new bullshit detector.

Boikat

Sverker Johansson

Feb 19, 2001, 8:09:27 AM2/19/01

It really amazes me how some people manage to live their life,
while having insufficient critical-thinking skills to
reject a three-dollar bill with the ink still wet.

--
Best regards, HLK, Physics
Sverker Johansson U of Jonkoping

Melisande

Feb 19, 2001, 12:18:45 PM2/19/01

"GenNem" <XXXXXXXXs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Poor dude, this Hovind guy. You can see what he's trying to say (and do).
It's like a little kid with his hands over his ears. And at his more mature
moments, like a teenager posing his first philosophical questions. It does
sound alarming to learn there are chemicals in one's brain, when one has
been taught that chemicals are bad in the (ridiculously bad) public schools.

Amazing a guy like that can get enough funding and technology together to
put on a video series. Eventually, I suppose we'll all have little TV
studios on our desktops.

Melisande

Feb 19, 2001, 12:22:45 PM2/19/01

"Sverker Johansson" <l...@hlk.no.hj.spam.se> wrote in message

> > ***MS Fan*** wrote:
> >
> > I just bought this video series that totally disproves evolution . I
> > guarantee you that after watching this you'll be converted.
> >
> > http://scienceandthebible.com/videos/
> >
> > BTW, I'm not selling it.
>
> It really amazes me how some people manage to live their life,
> while having insufficient critical-thinking skills to
> reject a three-dollar bill with the ink still wet.
>
> --
Did you hear that (true) story last week, about the guy who used a fake $200
bill, with George W.'s face on the front, and a picture of broccoli (sp) on
the back...it was photocopied on regular paper and the clerk at a fast food
restaurant gave him $198 worth of change.

Maybe we are speciating...but what to call that "other" species??

Null A.N.D. Void

Feb 19, 2001, 1:13:46 PM2/19/01
"***MS Fan***" <sed...@mailandnews.com> wrote:

Believe me, I will respect you more (not a whole lot, mind you, but
more) if you *are* somehow profiting from the sales.

Soro

Feb 19, 2001, 5:24:14 PM2/19/01

Melisande <melis...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Bwahahahhahahahaa....oh man, that's great!

David Jensen

Feb 19, 2001, 7:44:46 PM2/19/01
On 19 Feb 2001 12:22:45 -0500, in talk.origins
"Melisande" <melis...@hotmail.com> wrote in
<DDck6.163$9m5.1...@paloalto-snr1.gtei.net>:

Yahoos, per Gulliver?

Bob Pease

Feb 19, 2001, 7:52:10 PM2/19/01

I strongly recommend that you visit the Kent Hovind site and see what kinda
stuff is presented as "Scientific"
These guys claiming to have "Scientific" proof usually ask you to be
"Scientific" about rejecting certain axioms.

Uniformatarianism ( not actually called that) is denied, thus it is OK for
certain events to have occurred at 6000 b.c. Things just happened a lot
faster back then..

My question is:
If you're going to present such an argument, Why not just say "Science
sucks" and be done with it??

I am afraid that the answer is that these guys KNOW about these things but
they want to pull the wool over believers' eyes so they can feel
comfortable that the Bible stuff IS "scientific" (and therefore
RESPECTABLE)

Null A.N.D. Void <vo...@null.com> wrote in message

wilkins

Feb 19, 2001, 8:25:53 PM2/19/01
David Jensen <da...@dajensen-family.com> wrote:

Doesn't Homo troglodytes have priority, since it was used by Linaeus?
Yahoos (a good choice, BTW) would be the common name.
--
John Wilkins, Head, Graphic Production, The Walter and Eliza Hall
Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia

Sverker Johansson

Feb 20, 2001, 2:18:37 AM2/20/01
wilkins wrote:
> David Jensen <da...@dajensen-family.com> wrote:
> > "Melisande" <melis...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> > >"Sverker Johansson" <l...@hlk.no.hj.spam.se> wrote in message

> > >Did you hear that (true) story last week, about the guy who used a fake $200
> > >bill, with George W.'s face on the front, and a picture of broccoli (sp) on
> > >the back...it was photocopied on regular paper and the clerk at a fast food
> > >restaurant gave him $198 worth of change.
> > >
> > >Maybe we are speciating...but what to call that "other" species??
> >
> > Yahoos, per Gulliver?
>
> Doesn't Homo troglodytes have priority, since it was used by Linaeus?
> Yahoos (a good choice, BTW) would be the common name.

But since the distinction between us and "Pan" troglodytes
obviously wouldn't be generic-level if it weren't about us,
Homo troglodytes is needed for them. Don't insult the chimps
by equating them with the neo-morons.

Sverker Johansson

Feb 20, 2001, 2:23:10 AM2/20/01

Hadn't heard... but why am I not surprised?

Was this by anu chance in the Bible Belt?

> Maybe we are speciating...

I sure don't want to dilute _my_ genes by reproducing with
one of _them_. Reproductive isolation is rearing its head...

> but what to call that "other" species??

Credopithecus terranova ? (I'm sure somebody will be happy
to put the correct latin case markers on those roots...)

ZenIsWhen

Feb 20, 2001, 3:38:06 AM2/20/01
Fundamentalists.

Tom

Feb 20, 2001, 8:19:37 AM2/20/01
"On 20 Feb 2001 02:23:10 -0500, in article
<3A921B97...@hlk.no.hj.spam.se>, Sverker stated..."

>Melisande wrote:
[...snip...]

>> Did you hear that (true) story last week, about the guy who used a fake $200
>> bill, with George W.'s face on the front, and a picture of broccoli (sp) on
>> the back...it was photocopied on regular paper and the clerk at a fast food
>> restaurant gave him $198 worth of change.
>
>Hadn't heard... but why am I not surprised?
[...snip...]

There is an artist whose specialty is drawing currency, and to
use the "currency" to buy something. The point is that he is not
pretending that it is real currency. He is open about it that it
was drawn by him. He is repeatedly in trouble with the US Treasury
police, but he claims that what he is doing is not counterfeiting
or otherwise illegal. No more, I suppose, than someone selling a
painting of Elvis; nor, I suppose, an actor getting paid for wearing
a policeman's uniform in a performance is "impersonating an officer".

Tom

Howard Hershey

Feb 20, 2001, 12:00:51 PM2/20/01

David Jensen wrote:

> On 19 Feb 2001 12:22:45 -0500, in talk.origins
> "Melisande" <melis...@hotmail.com> wrote in
> <DDck6.163$9m5.1...@paloalto-snr1.gtei.net>:
>

> >"Sverker Johansson" <l...@hlk.no.hj.spam.se> wrote in message

But the real problem is that you are buying it.

[snip]

mel turner

Feb 20, 2001, 1:30:35 PM2/20/01
In article <3A921A8A...@hlk.no.hj.spam.se>, l...@hlk.no.hj.spam.se [Sverker Johansson] wrote...
>wilkins wrote:
[snip]

>> Doesn't Homo troglodytes have priority, since it was used by Linaeus?
>> Yahoos (a good choice, BTW) would be the common name.
>
>But since the distinction between us and "Pan" troglodytes
>obviously wouldn't be generic-level if it weren't about us,
>Homo troglodytes is needed for them. Don't insult the chimps
>by equating them with the neo-morons.

There are systematists who do currently use the names
"_Homo troglodytes_" and "_Homo paniscus_" for the
chimps and bonobos [they include Pan as a subgenus
within Homo]:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&ic=1&th=d612105eb3cb4d22&seekd=925197601#925197601

cheers

PhilWoch

Feb 21, 2001, 10:36:46 AM2/21/01
[...]

He must have gotten fired.

Beowulf

Feb 21, 2001, 12:56:52 PM2/21/01
Sverker Johansson wrote:
> Credopithecus terranova ? (I'm sure somebody will be happy
> to put the correct latin case markers on those roots...)

Is that "Believing ape, new earth"? Odd name.
They wouldn't really be in a separate genus, though, would they?

So you get Homo credo, maybe? My latin is very sparse.

David Jensen

Feb 21, 2001, 2:44:24 PM2/21/01

"Beowulf" <skr...@attglobal.net> wrote in message
Homo credulo, maybe, or possibly, Homo Ptbarnumo

Derek Bell

Feb 21, 2001, 4:07:47 PM2/21/01
Tom <Tom_m...@newsguy.com> wrote:
: There is an artist whose specialty is drawing currency, and to

: use the "currency" to buy something. The point is that he is not
: pretending that it is real currency. He is open about it that it
: was drawn by him.

The artists' surname is Boggs, IIRC. He was tried in the
UK for forging banknotes, despite them all being one-sided and
some of them being three-pound notes. He was aquitted and the
law regarding the pound note was changed to a less restrictive
one, making the notes merely copyrighted.

Derek
--
Derek Bell db...@maths.tcd.ie |"Usenet is a strange place."
WWW: http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~dbell/index.html| - Dennis M Ritchie,

wilkins

Feb 21, 2001, 9:42:20 PM2/21/01
David Jensen <da...@dajensen-family.com> wrote:

The first one would be New World believing ape. I would suggest the
second ought to be Homo credulensis (not because it is better Latin but
it just sounds cooler),

Sverker Johansson

Feb 22, 2001, 1:57:01 AM2/22/01
Beowulf wrote:
> Sverker Johansson wrote:
> > Credopithecus terranova ? (I'm sure somebody will be happy
> > to put the correct latin case markers on those roots...)
> >

> Is that "Believing ape, new earth"? Odd name.

"Faith-ape, young-earth" (this is talk.origins, after all,
and the thread did start with that particular type
of faith-ape...). Perhaps "terrajuvenalis" would've been
better latin?

> They wouldn't really be in a separate genus, though, would they?

Not really. But if we can place australopithecines in a
separate genus (which they're not really either)...

> So you get Homo credo, maybe? My latin is very sparse.

I considered Australopithecus credulus, but that would
imply an odd para/polyphyletic genus. Better invent
a new one - 'cause I don't want to share Homo with them.