The real cause of global warming is revealed

Dick C

Apr 23, 2007, 9:40:35 PM4/23/07
http://www.nctexasbirds.com/images/hot_news.jpg

--
Dick #1349
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
~Benjamin Franklin

Home Page: dickcr.iwarp.com
email: dic...@comcast.net

Vend

Apr 23, 2007, 10:11:37 PM4/23/07

I can imagine Bruce Willis and pals going with their crappy spaceship
on a suicide mission to alter the planet rotation so that America can
have an extra hour of daylight.

Mike Ruskai

Apr 23, 2007, 10:17:08 PM4/23/07
On or about Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:40:35 -0500 did Dick C
<foo.d...@comcast.net> dribble thusly:

>http://www.nctexasbirds.com/images/hot_news.jpg

I can't quite figure out if that's satire, or the real thing.

If real, I find it genuinely puzzling that such a badly broken brain
can still construct full and intelligible sentences.
--
- Mike

Ignore the Python in me to send e-mail.

Ron O

Apr 23, 2007, 10:30:56 PM4/23/07

Since it is Arkansas we can rule out satire.

Hey, I live here and it doesn't surprise me. Closer to home in Rogers
Arkansas we have a school board considering using scam material from
the Discovery Institute in their public school classrooms. Not
intelligent design, they probably know what a scam that was, but the
new scam coming from the same guys that they know lied to them about
intelligent design for over a decade.

Ron Okimoto

jcon

Apr 24, 2007, 9:56:22 AM4/24/07
On Apr 23, 8:40 pm, Dick C <foo.dic...@comcast.net> wrote:

A little more info. The author (Connie M. Meskimen) appears to be
a genuine person (a lawyer of all things!) in Arkansas:
http://pview.findlaw.com/view/1096575_1
Although the gender is uncertain.

This blog *claims* someone called the paper and the
author and they did not see the "humor"
http://www.blog.thesietch.org/2007/04/17/daylight-savings-time-evil-plot-by-liberal-congress-to-cause-global-warming/
but I'd rate the reliability pretty low.

-jc

Desertphile

Apr 24, 2007, 11:15:51 AM4/24/07
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:40:35 -0500, Dick C
<foo.d...@comcast.net> wrote:

> http://www.nctexasbirds.com/images/hot_news.jpg

The on-line version of the "Arkansas Democrat Gazette" did not
have the "Letters" letter as far as I could find. Their search
engine sucks, so perhaps I missed it.

--
http://desertphile.org
"I've hired myself out as a tourist attraction." -- Spike

JQ

Apr 24, 2007, 11:46:13 PM4/24/07
On Apr 24, 11:17 am, Mike Ruskai

<BUTthann...@DONTearthlinkLIKE.netSPAM> wrote:
> On or about Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:40:35 -0500 did Dick C
> <foo.dic...@comcast.net> dribble thusly:

> >http://www.nctexasbirds.com/images/hot_news.jpg
>
> I can't quite figure out if that's satire, or the real thing.
>
> If real, I find it genuinely puzzling that such a badly broken brain
> can still construct full and intelligible sentences.

You found that intelligible? Then you're cleverer than me.

We all know it's all about lack of pirates. Ramen!

Throwback

Apr 25, 2007, 3:44:04 PM4/25/07

Wow! I can alter the temperature by changing the time on
my wind-up alarm clock. And all this time I thought
I did it by moving the thermostat and thus the mercury
switch on my central air control unit.

jcon

Apr 26, 2007, 9:40:12 AM4/26/07
On Apr 23, 8:40 pm, Dick C <foo.dic...@comcast.net> wrote:

Sadly, Snopes has weighed in. Apparently Mr. (not Miss!) Meskimen
is well known for his satirical letters to the editor:
http://www.snopes.com/humor/letters/daylight.asp

Darn! I really wanted this to be real.

-jc

John Wilkins

Apr 26, 2007, 10:10:41 AM4/26/07
jcon <cire...@yahoo.com> wrote:

But he redeems the entire profession of lawyers, which is thrice
damned...
--
John S. Wilkins, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Biohumanities Project
University of Queensland - Blog: scienceblogs.com/evolvingthoughts

Perplexed in Peoria

Apr 26, 2007, 1:54:22 PM4/26/07

"jcon" <cire...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1177594812.3...@o40g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

Yes, we all have an overwhelming desire to believe in the stupidity of
our fellow man. It is the only way we can make sense of the world.

Noelie S. Alito

Apr 27, 2007, 10:40:19 AM4/27/07
John Wilkins wrote:
> jcon <cire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 23, 8:40 pm, Dick C <foo.dic...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> http://www.nctexasbirds.com/images/hot_news.jpg
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dick #1349
>>> "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
>>> deserve neither liberty nor safety."
>>> ~Benjamin Franklin
>>>
>>> Home Page: dickcr.iwarp.com
>>> email: dic...@comcast.net
>> Sadly, Snopes has weighed in. Apparently Mr. (not Miss!) Meskimen
>> is well known for his satirical letters to the editor:
>> http://www.snopes.com/humor/letters/daylight.asp
>>
>> Darn! I really wanted this to be real.
>>
>> -jc
>
> But he redeems the entire profession of lawyers, which is thrice
> damned...

What? I'm pretty sure you can count past three....

Noelie
--
Next snide comment about lawyers in [ 15 ] minutes.