Darwin is a gateway science

Logos

Jul 12, 2006, 5:19:10 PM7/12/06
Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.

And Darwin is the Gateway Science.

First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang. Then
comes Athiesm. Then comes self-loathing and misanthropy, which leads to
elitism and superiority complexes. The resulting social ostracization leads
to homoeroticism and other perversions. The insatiable demand for money to
fund extravagances coupled with the sloth that accompanies the welfare check
creates a visceral hatred of capitalism. Finally, the abuser is no longer
able to feel for his country and multiculturalism takes over. The
transformation is complete.

I've seen it happen again and again.

Inez

Jul 12, 2006, 5:23:33 PM7/12/06

But enough about your pornography collection

UC

Jul 12, 2006, 5:30:14 PM7/12/06

Or...one could become a Roman Catholic priest...

Jim

Jul 12, 2006, 5:30:47 PM7/12/06
"Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote in message

> First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang. Then
> comes Athiesm.

Not true, of course.

For many (perhaps me - I'm still tenaciously holding onto agnosticism
despite the likes of you) atheism comes about when very stupid people try to
hold matters of faith up against the measure of science. People like you
are very successfully destroying religion from the inside out.

I hate you for it.

--
Jim Fisher

Tom McDonald

Jul 12, 2006, 5:30:48 PM7/12/06

Oh, Legos. I dispair for you. You just phoned this one in.

I have written a lot about chemical dependency. I have also read a lot
about it. What you have ripped off is foolishness in the original; and
you have not improved it with your flaccid imitation.

Dan Luke

Jul 12, 2006, 5:41:54 PM7/12/06

"Inez" wrote:

Haw-haw!

<Ralph Kramden voice> Inez, you're the greatest!

Dana Tweedy

Jul 12, 2006, 5:45:14 PM7/12/06

"Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote in message

Which of course leads to dancing......

DJT

Peter Barber

Jul 12, 2006, 5:44:35 PM7/12/06

Logos wrote:
> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
> <snip>

This isn't fun any more. What happened to the page-turning storylines,
the wonderfully two-dimensional characters, the contrived situations?

Now, where's my stash?

coaster

Jul 12, 2006, 5:49:08 PM7/12/06

Bah Doom.. Cha!

Inez

Jul 12, 2006, 5:52:00 PM7/12/06

Speaking of good reads, I've just read the Principia Discordia and am
rather impressed. I may have found my new religion. It becomes clear
to me that life is not unexplained order in the midst of chaos, but the
creamy gooey center of chaos itself. If you have not heard of the book
Wikipedia is pretty funny-serious on the topic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordian

Tiktaalik

Jul 12, 2006, 5:54:50 PM7/12/06

Logos gibbered:

What a sad, pathetic subhuman. If you weren't such a vicious,
vindictive prick I could actually feel pity rather than contempt for
you. It is you and your fellow fundamentalist freakazoids that lead to
MY elitism and superiority complexes.You are the finest argument for
eugenics I have ever encountered. Now back to the sewer with you,
there's a good little fundy.

Cornelius. There but for the wisdom of Darwin go I.

"I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the
better for it". (Abraham Lincoln).

Tiny Bulcher

Jul 12, 2006, 5:53:48 PM7/12/06

I want to know how you feel for your country. Sounds like nice work if you
can get it. Also, Darwin is a Science? What, all by himself, like?

--
Tiny
(yes, yes, I know it's a Loki, but still).

Logos

Jul 12, 2006, 6:05:37 PM7/12/06

"Tiktaalik" <corneliu...@yahoo.ie> wrote in message

[snip]

> There but for the wisdom of Darwin go I.

[snip]

Anyone want further proof that Evolution is a religion to you people?

Cheezits

Jul 12, 2006, 6:09:37 PM7/12/06
"Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote:
> First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang.
> Then comes Athiesm.

First comes love
Then comes marriage
Then comes Logos in a baby carriage!

Sue
--
"Bart, don't feed your sister hotels." - Marge Simpson

Bill Wayne

Jul 12, 2006, 6:19:29 PM7/12/06

I don't even know what he was saying, so yes, further proof would be
great.

bullpup

Jul 12, 2006, 6:20:58 PM7/12/06

"Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote in message

Then you should quit smoking pot.

Boikat
--
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own"
-Adam Savage, Mythbusters-

bullpup

Jul 12, 2006, 6:23:45 PM7/12/06

"Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote in message

That was parody, you godless fool.

The Last Conformist

Jul 12, 2006, 6:34:12 PM7/12/06

Religion is the gateway crime.

First they find God. Then they stop working Sundays to go to church
instead. Then they stone people. Then they burn people. Then they start
wars. Then they fly aircraft into tall buildings. Then they molest
little boys. Then they lie on Usenet.

I've seen it time and time again.

It was Logos every time.

Gebby69

Jul 12, 2006, 6:41:58 PM7/12/06

Logos wrote:
> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>
> First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang.

-First comes the dark ages. Then calling anyone who wants to be
enlightened by knowlege, Lucifer, a demon.

> Then comes Athiesm.
Only to those who do not see any more use for a primitive control
system.

>Then comes self-loathing and misanthropy, which leads to
> elitism and superiority complexes.

Hell of a jump from Self loathing to elitism and superiority complexes.

> The resulting social ostracization leads to homoeroticism and other
perversions.

Ostracization comes from being excluded... duh Right? And who is the
people who shun anyone who are different if not the church? So being
alone makes you gay or pervert? What about all the saints who ARE
saints because they all lived alone, in a cave or on a mountain ect.

> The insatiable demand for money to fund extravagances coupled with
the sloth that accompanies the welfare check creates a visceral hatred
of capitalism.

demand for money like every church that breeds other churches. Or
Tilton or Faldwell or any one in the 700 club who may sell special
little cloths to everyone in the name of a religion that I believe you
are trying to deffend.

> Finally, the abuser is no longer able to feel for his country

We as athiests love this country in some ways more deeply probably. You
see this country lets anyone be what ever religion they want to be or
DONT want to be and atheists as a minority are protected by the rights
of the US. So I LOVE the fact that even the minority can feel safe and
not persecuted.

and multiculturalism takes over.

Hitler did not like multiculturalism as well. But back to you... did
you not just use the words of "elitism and superiority complexes" can
you tell me what is more elitest than saying your culture is the only
one and that you do not have anything to gain from other cultures?

> The transformation is complete.

> I've seen it happen again and again.

How can you say that with blinders on?

YOu are the worst kind of religious fanatic. You are so rigid and
contradictive to your own self.

Do you realize that if Jesus came back now, he would hang out with the
gays and crack addicts...AND argue people like you?

That was his M O then and it would be again. Read your bible, it tells
you that you should have compassion and not to judge, two good things
that you have been very good at.

Enjoy your life and if you are the deffinition of a good religious
person then I have other things than logic now as to why I am not one
of you.

Gerry Murphy

Jul 12, 2006, 6:55:16 PM7/12/06

"Dana Tweedy" <redd...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

<rim shot> 8-}

Message has been deleted

bullpup

Jul 12, 2006, 6:54:56 PM7/12/06

"The Last Conformist" <andr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Yup. Not only do the get forgiven all their sins, but the get 72 virgins to
rape in the afterlife.

Boikat

--
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own"
-Adam Savage, Mythbusters-

Gerry Murphy

Jul 12, 2006, 6:57:40 PM7/12/06

"Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote in message

Locos,

Go see the Bulwer-Lytton winners,
http://www2.sjsu.edu/depts/english/2006.htm
to see what really good 'bad' writing looks like.

CreateThis

Jul 12, 2006, 7:08:36 PM7/12/06

OK... Can I get those fries now?

CT

Ye Old One

Jul 12, 2006, 7:08:32 PM7/12/06
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:19:10 -0400, "Logos" <a...@asd.com> enriched
this group when s/he wrote:

>Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
>And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>
>First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang. Then
>comes Athiesm.

You know, much as it hurts, I think Logos is actually beginning to get
the idea.

[snip the rubbish that followed.]

--
Bob.

allanm

Jul 12, 2006, 7:17:11 PM7/12/06

Mmmm, I always liked the ones where the Darwinists end up in tears.

Ken Shackleton

Jul 12, 2006, 7:19:16 PM7/12/06

Logos wrote:
> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>
> First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang. Then
> comes Athiesm. Then comes self-loathing and misanthropy, which leads to
> elitism and superiority complexes. The resulting social ostracization leads
> to homoeroticism and other perversions. The insatiable demand for money to
> fund extravagances coupled with the sloth that accompanies the welfare check
> creates a visceral hatred of capitalism. Finally, the abuser is no longer
> able to feel for his country and multiculturalism takes over. The
> transformation is complete.
>
> I've seen it happen again and again.

If your version of religion can't stand up in the light of science,
then too bad for your religion.

allanm

Jul 12, 2006, 7:28:13 PM7/12/06

Logos wrote:
> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.

Nah. Gravity is the gateway science. Blame those religious nuts Galileo
and Newton, for starters. Gravity builds planets and stars, ignites
suns, makes heavier elements from hydrogen and helium, stops people
from floating off attached to their dog balloons. The most powerful
creative force in the universe, gravity is. And marijuana's crap; don't
know what all the fuss is about, I get more of a buzz from the flu.

wf3h

Jul 12, 2006, 7:32:09 PM7/12/06

Logos wrote:
> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>
> First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang.

ooohhhh...the entire world's scientific community is in a conspiracy
against islamist theocracy..or is it christianist theocracy? i can't
keep them straight...

Then
> comes Athiesm.

you wonder why christianists/islamists hate atheists. what's wrong with
being an atheist?

Then comes self-loathing and misanthropy, which leads to
> elitism and superiority complexes.

you FOOL!! how could you SAY that about a genius like me???

The resulting social ostracization leads
> to homoeroticism and other perversions.

that's true. looking at dinosaurs automatically makes you a child
molestor...

or something like that....

> I've seen it happen again and again.

me too. it's uncanny...

Pip R. Lagenta

Jul 12, 2006, 7:43:44 PM7/12/06

LOKI!

(Nobody has beaten me to this declaration, have they?)

--
內躬偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,
Pip R. Lagenta Pip R. Lagenta Pip R. Lagenta Pip R. Lagenta

-- Pip R. Lagenta
President for Life
International Organization Of People Named Pip R. Lagenta
(If your name is Pip R. Lagenta, ask about our dues!)
<http://home.comcast.net/~galentripp/pip.html>
(For Email: I'm at home, not work.)

raven1

Jul 12, 2006, 7:45:57 PM7/12/06
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:19:10 -0400, "Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote:

>Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.

Obviously in your case, it led to long-term abuse of hallucinogens...
--

"O Sybilli, si ergo
Fortibus es in ero

Inez

Jul 12, 2006, 7:47:23 PM7/12/06

I'd like less proof that you are a troll, if that could be arranged.

michael...@worldnet.att.net

Jul 12, 2006, 8:07:56 PM7/12/06

Logos wrote:
> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>
> First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang.

Plate tectonics?! Are you sticking with the old view that volcanoes
erupt because Vulcan belched?

-- Mike Palmer

Pithecanthropus Erectus

Jul 12, 2006, 8:42:56 PM7/12/06
Pip R. Lagenta wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:05:37 -0400, "Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote:
>
>>"Tiktaalik" <corneliu...@yahoo.ie> wrote in message
>>
>>[snip]
>>
>>>There but for the wisdom of Darwin go I.
>>>

>>[snip]
>>
>>Anyone want further proof that Evolution is a religion to you people?
>

> LOKI!
>
> (Nobody has beaten me to this declaration, have they?)

Not in this thread, but it is a definite sideplot on all the threads
threat L_g_s starts.

--
Freeper:

"We need to change the law and make it legal to hunt liberals with dogs. "

Me:

I understand you are being flippant, but you are coming across as stupid.

Freeper:

I wasn't being flippant. I mean it.

Pithecanthropus Erectus

Jul 12, 2006, 8:44:10 PM7/12/06
Logos wrote:

> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.

And St. Louis is the Gateway City.

rupert....@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2006, 8:55:29 PM7/12/06

St. Louis leads to Cardinals.
Cardinals lead to Catholicism.
Catholics accept evolution.

Hey! This is easy!

Dave Oldridge

Jul 12, 2006, 9:31:26 PM7/12/06
"Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote in

> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.

No, you missed milk. Milk is the gateway drug. All hard drug addicts
started with milk long before any of them ever discovered marijuana.

> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>

> First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang.

Huh? Plate tectonics is geology. That might have interested Darwin,
since he had some interest in geology. The Big Bang would have
completely eluded him.

> Then comes Athiesm. Then comes self-loathing and misanthropy, which

No, atheism comes from listening to false so-called Christian apologists
like you. Anyone with a grain of sense and a shred of morality would
rather be an atheist than be whatever you are! I suspect your REAL
religion, like that of most hypocrites is narcissism.

> leads to elitism and superiority complexes. The resulting social

This is just you feeling inferior to everybody. That's because you ARE
inferior to everybody. The pity is that the injury is entirely self-
inflicted (or you might say inflicted on you by your god).

> ostracization leads to homoeroticism and other perversions. The

> insatiable demand for money to fund extravagances coupled with the
> sloth that accompanies the welfare check creates a visceral hatred of
> capitalism. Finally, the abuser is no longer able to feel for his
> country and multiculturalism takes over. The transformation is
> complete.
>

> I've seen it happen again and again.

You've seen no such thing. You are a liar and a worshipper of lies.

It will not be necessary to tell you to go to hell. You're headed there
as fast as your lying tongue can carry you.

I could suggest some shortcuts if you're interested. A lying tongue is
actually one of the slower ways to hell.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667

Bob Pease

Jul 12, 2006, 9:30:33 PM7/12/06

"Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote in message
> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>
> First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang. Then
> comes Athiesm. Then comes self-loathing and misanthropy, which leads to
> elitism and superiority complexes. The resulting social ostracization

leads
> to homoeroticism and other perversions. The insatiable demand for money
> fund extravagances coupled with the sloth that accompanies the welfare
check
> creates a visceral hatred of capitalism. Finally, the abuser is no longer
> able to feel for his country and multiculturalism takes over. The
> transformation is complete.
>
> I've seen it happen again and again.

Fair troll attempt but no Cigar!!

Here's an Idea for a funner..

"Tectonics! It gives you a jolt.
Big Bang! is a Lighet-ening Bolt.
Hate Folks and yourself when you Molt!

That's EV-O-Lution !

The Goo That leads to the ZOO..
The Zoo That leads right to You!
The Clam that Screams "Boo-Hoo"

That's EV-O-Lution! "

Etc

HAve fun

Be sure to spell lots of words wrong and sprinkle freely
with 1950's Psychobabble and Radical Right Cracker bullshit!

who needs Homoeroticism when Autoeroticism can produce enough mental jism
to last Years ( Last Ears??)

Bob Pease
Dr. Sidethink

Greg Guarino

Jul 12, 2006, 9:48:36 PM7/12/06
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:19:10 -0400, "Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote:

>Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
>And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>
>First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang. Then
>comes Athiesm. Then comes self-loathing and misanthropy, which leads to
>elitism and superiority complexes. The resulting social ostracization leads
>to homoeroticism and other perversions. The insatiable demand for money to
>fund extravagances coupled with the sloth that accompanies the welfare check
>creates a visceral hatred of capitalism. Finally, the abuser is no longer
>able to feel for his country and multiculturalism takes over. The
>transformation is complete.
>
>I've seen it happen again and again.

This fellow is most likely a troll. And yet he has summed up Ford's
position more clearly than Ford would ever have the guts to.

Greg Guarino

Peter Barber

Jul 12, 2006, 11:27:25 PM7/12/06

Logos wrote:
> Anyone want further proof that Evolution is a religion to you people?

Yes.

<waits>

Peter Barber

Jul 12, 2006, 11:42:02 PM7/12/06

Personally I rather enjoy marijuana if it's good quality (which is
rarely). But it obviously gives Logos bad trips. Either someone's laced
it with a tryptamine or it's unmasked his latent tendency to
schizophrenia.

Logos: throw those Rizlas away!

Kermit

Jul 12, 2006, 11:52:37 PM7/12/06

David Ford? Yes. For all his hatred, rigidity, and stupidity, Logos is
somehow a *cleaner troll than Ford could ever be. Logos may annoy me,
or baffle or amuse me, but I don't feell the need to shower afterwards.

> Greg Guarino

Kermit

Marc

Jul 13, 2006, 1:33:50 AM7/13/06

Logos wrote:
> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>
> First it's evolution.

Hey Logos - ever tried sex with a monkey?

Did you know that your ancestors not only tried, they
actually mated with monkeys. Did you know that?

We have proof! It's there in *your* chromosomes.

(signed) marc

.

Joe Cummings

Jul 13, 2006, 4:25:37 AM7/13/06
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:19:10 -0400, "Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote:

>Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
>And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>

>First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang. Then
>comes Athiesm. Then comes self-loathing and misanthropy, which leads to
>elitism and superiority complexes. The resulting social ostracization leads
>to homoeroticism and other perversions. The insatiable demand for money to
>fund extravagances coupled with the sloth that accompanies the welfare check
>creates a visceral hatred of capitalism. Finally, the abuser is no longer
>able to feel for his country and multiculturalism takes over. The
>transformation is complete.
>
>I've seen it happen again and again.

Woweee!

So our would-be guru lays out the road to perdition.

So the picture is that some innocent smokes a joint, and then
meets old Darwin.

How, by means of a séance? Is spiritualism OK for fundies?

After this he feels the earth move. (WHAT was he doing at the
time?) And was this before or after the "Big Bang?

Looks as though our innocent has been visiting Logos's Pappy.
But Pappy's been born again. Many times. Logos doesn't make a clear
connection between having a Big Bang and becoming an "athiest."

After all, Pappy and Mr. Swaggart didn't become "athiests"
after their Big Bangs.

Then we make a giant leap from "Athiesm" to self-loathing and
misanthropy...........

Eureka! I've got it!

Instead of merely looking at the Sinner and making him cry,
he's torturing the rules of logic and making us all cry!

The crafty sod.

Have fun,

Joe Cummings

tim.anderson

Jul 13, 2006, 6:46:50 AM7/13/06
> Which of course leads to dancing......
>
> DJT

Not necessarily, in some cultures it leads to endless games of whist,
or the eating of unusual animal parts in idiosyncratic ways, and in
others it leads to a predilection for sequins and 1970s dance moves. In
other cultures, it leads to football or over-indulgence in romantic
literature. The field of misplaced human obsessions is worth a usenet
group all of its own.

I must say that any of these behaviours sound more enjoyable that the
fate of Logos' evo-goon.

Brian Cryer

Jul 13, 2006, 7:53:01 AM7/13/06
"Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote in message

> "Tiktaalik" <corneliu...@yahoo.ie> wrote in message
>
> [snip]
>>
>> There but for the wisdom of Darwin go I.
>>
> [snip]
>
> Anyone want further proof that Evolution is a religion to you people?

To most people "religion" implies a belief in God and some form of worship.
Evolution justifies an atheist position (which may be why most evolutionists
would deny the existence of God) and there is the common belief that if you
remove the "divine/supernatural" and "worship" then what you have left
cannot be a religion. Thus most people here would disagree with you that
evolution is a religion. Certainly evolution is a belief system.. Now, if
you can classify humanism and atheism as religions then you would be
justified in calling evolution a religion, but most people here would deny
that because they prefer to feel that their beliefs are routed in science
and not in a popular just-so story.
--
Brian Cryer
www.cryer.co.uk/brian

Westprog

Jul 13, 2006, 9:06:02 AM7/13/06

"Brian Cryer" <brian...@127.0.0.1.ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> To most people "religion" implies a belief in God and some form of
worship.
> Evolution justifies an atheist position (which may be why most
evolutionists
> would deny the existence of God)

Quite untrue.

J/

lt.kizhe

Jul 13, 2006, 10:49:11 AM7/13/06
Pithecanthropus Erectus wrote:
> Pip R. Lagenta wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:05:37 -0400, "Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote:
>>
>>> "Tiktaalik" <corneliu...@yahoo.ie> wrote in message
>>>
>>> [snip]

>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> Anyone want further proof that Evolution is a religion to you people?
>>

>> LOKI!
>>
>> (Nobody has beaten me to this declaration, have they?)
>>

> Not in this thread, but it is a definite sideplot on all the threads
> threat L_g_s starts.

I'm really leaning that way. Perhaps I still have too much naive faith
in human nature, but I have a hard time taling seriously the slam at
"multiculturalism":

"Finally, the abuser is no longer able to feel for his country and
multiculturalism takes over. The transformation is complete."

For one thing, people who are that bigotted generally can't spell
"multiculturalism".

-- Kizhe

Dwib

Jul 13, 2006, 1:19:45 PM7/13/06
Logos wrote:
> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.

Any bets on whether Logos will respond to ANY replies to this post?

"Logos is an enagram for Lgsoo which Rot13s to Troll"

Inez

Jul 13, 2006, 1:28:22 PM7/13/06

> > Then comes Athiesm. Then comes self-loathing and misanthropy, which
>
> No, atheism comes from listening to false so-called Christian apologists
> like you. Anyone with a grain of sense and a shred of morality would
> rather be an atheist than be whatever you are! I suspect your REAL
> religion, like that of most hypocrites is narcissism.
>
> > leads to elitism and superiority complexes. The resulting social
>
> This is just you feeling inferior to everybody. That's because you ARE
> inferior to everybody. The pity is that the injury is entirely self-
> inflicted (or you might say inflicted on you by your god).

If Logos were real instead of a troll, I'd be inclinded to disagree and
label this more as projection. What is more elitist than believing you
are God's special people? How else better to reconcile self-loathing
and elitism than the standard Christian "We all deserve to burn for
ever but I'm getting out of it because I'm Jesus' special friend?"

Jeffrey Turner

Jul 13, 2006, 1:30:52 PM7/13/06
Dana Tweedy wrote:

> "Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote:
>
>>Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>>
>>And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>>
>>First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang. Then
>>comes Athiesm. Then comes self-loathing and misanthropy, which leads to
>>elitism and superiority complexes. The resulting social ostracization
>>leads to homoeroticism and other perversions. The insatiable demand for
>>money to fund extravagances coupled with the sloth that accompanies the
>>welfare check creates a visceral hatred of capitalism. Finally, the
>>abuser is no longer able to feel for his country and multiculturalism
>>takes over. The transformation is complete.
>

> Which of course leads to dancing......

Amen, brother! Hallelujah!

--Jeff

--
We can have democracy or we can have
great wealth concentrated in the hands

Desertphile

Jul 13, 2006, 11:38:33 PM7/13/06
L_g_s wr_te:

> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>

> First it's ev_luti_n. Then c_mes plate tect_nics and the Big-Bang. Then
> c_mes Athiesm. Then c_mes self-l_athing and misanthr_py, which leads t_
> elitism and superi_rity c_mplexes. The resulting s_cial _stracizati_n leads
> t_ h_m_er_ticism and _ther perversi_ns. The insatiable demand f_r m_ney t_
> fund extravagances c_upled with the sl_th that acc_mpanies the welfare check
> creates a visceral hatred _f capitalism. Finally, the abuser is n_ l_nger
> able t_ feel f_r his c_untry and multiculturalism takes _ver. The
> transf_rmati_n is c_mplete.

> I've seen it happen again and again.

I want to testify! Before I found The Lord, I was fucked up on drugs.
Now that "m saved, I'm fucked up on The Lord.

Desertphile

Jul 13, 2006, 11:44:47 PM7/13/06
allanm wrote:

> Peter Barber wrote:

> > Logos wrote:

> > > Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
> > >

> > > <snip>

> > This isn't fun any more. What happened to the page-turning storylines,
> > the wonderfully two-dimensional characters, the contrived situations?

> Mmmm, I always liked the ones where the Darwinists end up in tears.

I like the ones where the "Darwinist" screaches and screams in
high-pitched wails of rage at the Man Of God, the latter whom stands
quietly and calmly refutes the "Darwinists" utterly. You know---- Jack
Chick comics and suchlike. I'm sure L_g_s can do as well as Chick if he
applies himself.

Desertphile

Jul 13, 2006, 11:47:12 PM7/13/06
Pithecanthropus Erectus wrote:

> Logos wrote:

And Baker is the Gateway to Death Valley. "Yeah, though I walk through
the valley of death via Baker...."

allanm

Jul 14, 2006, 2:25:12 AM7/14/06

Peter Barber wrote:
> allanm wrote:
> > Logos wrote:
> > > Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
> > >
> > > And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
> >
> > Nah. Gravity is the gateway science. Blame those religious nuts Galileo
> > and Newton, for starters. Gravity builds planets and stars, ignites
> > suns, makes heavier elements from hydrogen and helium, stops people
> > from floating off attached to their dog balloons. The most powerful
> > creative force in the universe, gravity is. And marijuana's crap; don't
> > know what all the fuss is about, I get more of a buzz from the flu.
>
> Personally I rather enjoy marijuana if it's good quality (which is
> rarely).

Well, I've certainly given it a fair shot, morally dubious reprobate
that I am. Being an overgrown kid and playing in very minor rock bands
gave plenty of exposure, and many of my acquaintances spent vast
amounts on the stuff, or grew quality skunk with green-fingered
enthusiasm to save a few quid. I kept on trying it 'cos they seemed to
think it worth the effort, but always felt cheated. Same with alcohol -
I like a beer or a glass of wine, but the enthusiasm with which many
people embrace the effects is beyond me. I have got hooked on this T.O.
stuff, though, and need help.

<snip>

Iain

Jul 14, 2006, 3:55:34 AM7/14/06

Brian Cryer wrote:
> "Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Tiktaalik" <corneliu...@yahoo.ie> wrote in message
> >
> > [snip]
> >>
> >> There but for the wisdom of Darwin go I.
> >>
> > [snip]
> >
> > Anyone want further proof that Evolution is a religion to you people?
>
> To most people "religion" implies a belief in God and some form of worship.
> Evolution justifies an atheist position (which may be why most evolutionists
> would deny the existence of God)

You should know better, being a Brit : That the most normal thing in
Britain is to be a theist evolutionist.

~Iain

Robin Levett

Jul 14, 2006, 3:45:36 AM7/14/06
rupert....@gmail.com wrote:

...but wrong; they're the Arizona (formerly Phoenix) Cardinals, so:

Arizona leads to Phoenix
Phoenixes (Phoenices?) are born-again
Born-agains are (make up the majority of) creationists

--
Robin Levett
rle...@rlevett.ibmuklunix.net (unmunge by removing big blue - don't yahoo)

Robin Levett

Jul 14, 2006, 3:49:09 AM7/14/06
Brian Cryer wrote:

> "Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Tiktaalik" <corneliu...@yahoo.ie> wrote in message
>>
>> [snip]
>>>
>>> There but for the wisdom of Darwin go I.
>>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Anyone want further proof that Evolution is a religion to you people?
>
> To most people "religion" implies a belief in God and some form of
> worship. Evolution justifies an atheist position (which may be why most
> evolutionists would deny the existence of God)

Your source for this odd little factoid?

> and there is the common
> belief that if you remove the "divine/supernatural" and "worship" then
> what you have left cannot be a religion. Thus most people here would
> disagree with you that evolution is a religion. Certainly evolution is a
> belief system.

In the sense that believing that the Sun will come up tomorrow morning is a
belief system...

> . Now, if you can classify humanism and atheism as religions

...and baldness as a hair-colour...

> then you would be justified in calling evolution a religion, but most
> people here would deny that because they prefer to feel that their beliefs
> are routed

> in

s/in/through/?

> science and not in a popular just-so story.

Westprog

Jul 14, 2006, 5:29:51 AM7/14/06

"Iain" <iain_i...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Brian Cryer wrote:

> > > Anyone want further proof that Evolution is a religion to you people?

> > To most people "religion" implies a belief in God and some form of
worship.
> > Evolution justifies an atheist position (which may be why most
evolutionists
> > would deny the existence of God)

> You should know better, being a Brit : That the most normal thing in
> Britain is to be a theist evolutionist.

I would have assumed the same, but a recent poll showed that a substantial
number of the British now query evolution. I'd assume that this is more a
sign of scientific miseducation rather than any kind of fundamentalist
religious outbreak.

J/

Mephistopheles

Jul 14, 2006, 6:16:03 AM7/14/06
It was an Ipsos-Mori poll
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4648598.stm) and the numbers were

Evolution: 48%
ID: 17%
Creationism: 22%

I think it could be fairly persuasively argued that because the last
two terms aren't as well known in Britain, people might have confused
the questions to mean that ID/Creationism simply implied a god that
designed the rules of the system - as opposed to actually creating
everything from scratch. The phrases "ID" and "creationism" aren't in
the public discourse, except to people with a bit of an eye on American
politics. I think most of those who selected ID/Creationism would be a
lot closer to a kind of 'theistic evolution,' but that's just a guess.

It's also good news that young people were much more likely to select
evolution, while over-55's were the group most likely to select
ID/Creationism. Things are improving, but it's obvious that science
education must get better.

It's still a huge leap from that to the situation in America:

CBS poll
(http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/11/22/opinion/polls/main657083.shtml):

God created humans in present form within the last 10,000 years: 55%
Humans evolved, god guided the process: 27%
Humans evolved without the involvement of a god: 13%

Those numbers get even worse (67% / 22% / 6%) when you factor in just
Bush voters, but get better when you factor in just Kerry voters (47% /
28% / 21%). Still pretty awful though.

Noelie S. Alito

Jul 14, 2006, 11:14:21 AM7/14/06
michael...@worldnet.att.net wrote:
> Logos wrote:
>> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>>
>> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>>
>> First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang.
>
> Plate tectonics?! Are you sticking with the old view that volcanoes
> erupt because Vulcan belched?

Look, you ignorant wretch: Vulcan is m-y-t-h MYTH!

(Pele should spatter you with lava for that remark....)

Noelie
--
Feed me a guava.

Noelie S. Alito

Jul 14, 2006, 11:19:16 AM7/14/06

What, is that some sort of enema-anagram...?

Noelie
--
Hey! Guess who's not doing her paperwork!

Iain

Jul 14, 2006, 2:36:57 PM7/14/06
Logos wrote:
> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>
> First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics

Plate techtonics is only studied after natural selection?

Studying natural selection definitely leads to study of plate
techtonics?

Yes, ma'am, anything you say.

~Iain

Iain

Jul 14, 2006, 3:23:54 PM7/14/06

Dwib wrote:
> Logos wrote:
> > Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
> >
> > And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>
> Any bets on whether Logos will respond to ANY replies to this post?

Logos only responds to the least informative replies, and pretends to
ignore the constructive replies that systematically shit on everything
he said.

~Iain

Iain

Jul 14, 2006, 3:27:45 PM7/14/06

Greg Guarino wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:19:10 -0400, "Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote:
>
> >Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
> >
> >And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
> >
> >First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang. Then
> >comes Athiesm. Then comes self-loathing and misanthropy, which leads to
> >elitism and superiority complexes. The resulting social ostracization leads
> >to homoeroticism and other perversions. The insatiable demand for money to
> >fund extravagances coupled with the sloth that accompanies the welfare check

> >creates a visceral hatred of capitalism. Finally, the abuser is no longer
> >able to feel for his country and multiculturalism takes over. The
> >transformation is complete.
> >
> >I've seen it happen again and again.
> >
> This fellow is most likely a troll. And yet he has summed up Ford's
> position more clearly than Ford would ever have the guts to.

Logos spams various newsgroups with non-English nonsense.

See:
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=21egJQsAAABATGfPO4OcJLX-6mEeUNx2

~Iain

Tiny Bulcher

Jul 14, 2006, 4:48:41 PM7/14/06

Nah, that's somebody else. 'a...@asd.com' is a fairly obvious choice for a
fake e-mail address; I daresay there are several Usenetters with it.

--
Tiny

catshark

Jul 15, 2006, 9:40:38 AM7/15/06
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:45:36 +0100, Robin Levett <rnle...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>rupert....@gmail.com wrote:
>

>> Pithecanthropus Erectus wrote:

>>> And St. Louis is the Gateway City.
>>
>> St. Louis leads to Cardinals.
>> Cardinals lead to Catholicism.
>> Catholics accept evolution.
>>
>> Hey! This is easy!
>
>...but wrong; they're the Arizona (formerly Phoenix) Cardinals, so:
>
>Arizona leads to Phoenix
>Phoenixes (Phoenices?) are born-again
>Born-agains are (make up the majority of) creationists

Excuse me! What does a pom barrister and premeditated serial cricketeer
know about the manly art of the one true football?

The Cardinals play in Tempe, Arizona
Tempe was named after the Vale of Tempe in Greece
The Vale of Tempe was a home of Apollo
Apollo was a god of the pagans
The Pagans are a motorcycle gang

. . . Umm, what were we talking about again?

--
---------------
J. Pieret

The theory of legal procedure is that if you set two liars
to expose one another, the truth will emerge.

- George Bernard Shaw -

Frank J

Jul 15, 2006, 9:58:36 AM7/15/06

Logos wrote:
> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.

Yup. Unlike Clinton, I inhaled. It's been over 20 years and I've
graduated to beer. Not as much, mind you, as I have responsibilities,
and my aging body doesn't handle it as well as in the past.

> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>

> First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang. Then
> comes Athiesm. Then comes self-loathing and misanthropy, which leads to
> elitism and superiority complexes. The resulting social ostracization leads
> to homoeroticism and other perversions. The insatiable demand for money to
> fund extravagances coupled with the sloth that accompanies the welfare check
> creates a visceral hatred of capitalism. Finally, the abuser is no longer
> able to feel for his country and multiculturalism takes over. The
> transformation is complete.

Again. Me too. a real gateway. In my case, though, "Darwin" played a
role in me coming back to God. Not because evoution is "wrong," but as
Kenneth Miller said, because it is right. As Dr. Laura said, evolution
is another sign of God's creativity. Reading some of John Haught's
ideas, it almost seems that God wouldn't have done it any other way.
And looking at the evidence confirms that He didn't. "Darwin" also made
me more conservative. Science is conservative - allowing for crackpot
ideas and "postmodern" ID argumentation is absurdly "liberal". It also
made me question some political convictions I had (e.g. "trickle down
doesn't work") that were based on wishful thinking, not evidence.

> I've seen it happen again and again.

Yup. "Darwin" helped turn me from a marijuana-inhaling, acid-popping
leftist atheist into a conservative, capitalist, beer-sipping theist.
Strictly monogamous to boot.

Robin Levett

Jul 15, 2006, 10:15:02 AM7/15/06
catshark wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:45:36 +0100, Robin Levett <rnle...@yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>>rupert....@gmail.com wrote:

>>> St. Louis leads to Cardinals.
>>> Cardinals lead to Catholicism.
>>> Catholics accept evolution.
>>>
>>> Hey! This is easy!
>>
>>...but wrong; they're the Arizona (formerly Phoenix) Cardinals, so:
>>
>>Arizona leads to Phoenix
>>Phoenixes (Phoenices?) are born-again
>>Born-agains are (make up the majority of) creationists
>
> Excuse me! What does a pom barrister

How dare you, sirrah? I am a solicitor and proud of it!

> and premeditated serial cricketeer
> know about the manly art of the one true football?
>
> The Cardinals play in Tempe, Arizona
> Tempe was named after the Vale of Tempe in Greece
> The Vale of Tempe was a home of Apollo
> Apollo was a god of the pagans
> The Pagans are a motorcycle gang
>
> . . . Umm, what were we talking about again?

There, there, have some more of this nice medicine - you were dreaming you
were posting to talk.origins again...

J.J. O'Shea

Jul 15, 2006, 12:32:28 PM7/15/06
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:40:38 -0400, catshark wrote
(in article <v0rhb2pn7nrjo1419...@4ax.com>):

> On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:45:36 +0100, Robin Levett <rnle...@yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> rupert....@gmail.com wrote:

>>> St. Louis leads to Cardinals.
>>> Cardinals lead to Catholicism.
>>> Catholics accept evolution.
>>>
>>> Hey! This is easy!
>>
>> ...but wrong; they're the Arizona (formerly Phoenix) Cardinals, so:
>>
>> Arizona leads to Phoenix
>> Phoenixes (Phoenices?) are born-again
>> Born-agains are (make up the majority of) creationists
>
> Excuse me! What does a pom barrister and premeditated serial cricketeer

The very fact that he's English means that he can't play cricket.

> know about the manly art of the one true football?

I didn't know that they play Australian No Rules Football in Arizona...

> The Cardinals play in Tempe, Arizona
> Tempe was named after the Vale of Tempe in Greece
> The Vale of Tempe was a home of Apollo
> Apollo was a god of the pagans
> The Pagans are a motorcycle gang
>
> . . . Umm, what were we talking about again?

Australian born-again polytheists. They're a rum lot. They keep pet attack
kangaroos and demon ducks of doom, they do.

Robin Levett

Jul 15, 2006, 5:13:49 PM7/15/06
J.J. O'Shea wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:40:38 -0400, catshark wrote
> (in article <v0rhb2pn7nrjo1419...@4ax.com>):
>
>> On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:45:36 +0100, Robin Levett <rnle...@yahoo.co.uk>
>> wrote:

>>> ...but wrong; they're the Arizona (formerly Phoenix) Cardinals, so:
>>>
>>> Arizona leads to Phoenix
>>> Phoenixes (Phoenices?) are born-again
>>> Born-agains are (make up the majority of) creationists
>>
>> Excuse me! What does a pom barrister and premeditated serial cricketeer
>
> The very fact that he's English means that he can't play cricket.

Hmmm; remind me who (currently) holds the Ashes - I appear to have
forgotten?

>> know about the manly art of the one true football?
>
> I didn't know that they play Australian No Rules Football in Arizona...

*Foot*ball?

>> The Cardinals play in Tempe, Arizona
>> Tempe was named after the Vale of Tempe in Greece
>> The Vale of Tempe was a home of Apollo
>> Apollo was a god of the pagans
>> The Pagans are a motorcycle gang
>>
>> . . . Umm, what were we talking about again?
>
> Australian born-again polytheists. They're a rum lot. They keep pet attack
> kangaroos and demon ducks of doom, they do.

...and then there're the drop-bears...

J.J. O'Shea

Jul 16, 2006, 10:27:32 AM7/16/06
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:13:49 -0400, Robin Levett wrote
(in article <dd2oo3-...@grendel.HAYESWAY>):

> J.J. O'Shea wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:40:38 -0400, catshark wrote
>> (in article <v0rhb2pn7nrjo1419...@4ax.com>):

>>> Excuse me! What does a pom barrister and premeditated serial cricketeer
>>
>> The very fact that he's English means that he can't play cricket.
>
> Hmmm; remind me who (currently) holds the Ashes - I appear to have
> forgotten?

A temporary aberration caused by excessive kindness on the part of certain
persons. This will be corrected. (Boys, this is Steve Irwin. If you don't
beat England next time, you get very, very, very temporary parts on his tv
show. Except for those who will get to assist Paul Hogan with his grill. As
the shrimp. Or, for the most grievous malefactors, will get to drink nothing
but Foster's. And no, those sentenced to Foster's will not be allowed to
transfer to Hogan's grill. Clear?)

>>> know about the manly art of the one true football?
>>
>> I didn't know that they play Australian No Rules Football in Arizona...
>
> *Foot*ball?

Feet are involved. As is blood, broken bones, missing teeth and no
discernible rules at all. And those who take a dive get trampled on.

>>> The Cardinals play in Tempe, Arizona
>>> Tempe was named after the Vale of Tempe in Greece
>>> The Vale of Tempe was a home of Apollo
>>> Apollo was a god of the pagans
>>> The Pagans are a motorcycle gang
>>>
>>> . . . Umm, what were we talking about again?
>>
>> Australian born-again polytheists. They're a rum lot. They keep pet attack
>> kangaroos and demon ducks of doom, they do.
>
> ...and then there're the drop-bears...

Shh. They're a secret. And a shock & awe special version is being developed:
it's fed a diet of Foster's beer and shrimp from Hogan's grill while being
made to watch Irwin's show. The Australian SAS wants them for when GWH Bush
goes into Iran and Australia tags along.

Robin Levett

Jul 16, 2006, 2:55:41 PM7/16/06
J.J. O'Shea wrote:

I think under applicable torture treaties that would qualify...

>>> I didn't know that they play Australian No Rules Football in Arizona...
>>
>> *Foot*ball?
>
> Feet are involved.

...but only occasionally near the [leather] ball...

> As is blood, broken bones, missing teeth and no
> discernible rules at all. And those who take a dive get trampled on.

>>> Australian born-again polytheists. They're a rum lot. They keep pet
>>> attack kangaroos and demon ducks of doom, they do.
>>
>> ...and then there're the drop-bears...
>
> Shh. They're a secret. And a shock & awe special version is being
> developed: it's fed a diet of Foster's beer and shrimp from Hogan's grill
> while being made to watch Irwin's show.

They're "crotchety" enough without doing that to them, shirley.

> The Australian SAS wants them for
> when GWH Bush goes into Iran and Australia tags along.

But won't they scare "the Marines"?

tim.anderson

Jul 18, 2006, 5:27:04 AM7/18/06
> Robin Levett asked:

> But won't they scare "the Marines"?

Why would the Marines be frightened of an animal the size of a polar
bear that drinks overproof rum and climbs up a tree to jump on
unsuspecting passers-underneath?

I thought animals like this were present in every ecosystem. After all,
there are so many valuable eco-social niches to be occupied by an
animal with these skills: zero-tolerance community policing, crowd
control at football matches, getting unwanted visitors to go home after
the family bbq, evicting useless applicants from job interviews,
flattening irritating doorknockers from the plum tree outside the house
etc etc.

The fact that so many such opportunities are available suggests that
selection pressure on the drop-bear genome is operating at warp speed.
It must be a race between drop-bear terminal velocity and squashability
of prey populations.

Earle Jones

Jul 22, 2006, 8:54:17 PM7/22/06
In article
<0001HW.C0DFC514...@news1.news.adelphia.net>,

"J.J. O'Shea" <try.n...@but.see.sig> wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:13:49 -0400, Robin Levett wrote
> (in article <dd2oo3-...@grendel.HAYESWAY>):
>
> > J.J. O'Shea wrote:
> >
> >> On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:40:38 -0400, catshark wrote
> >> (in article <v0rhb2pn7nrjo1419...@4ax.com>):

[...]

> >> Australian born-again polytheists. They're a rum lot. They keep pet attack
> >> kangaroos and demon ducks of doom, they do.
> >
> > ...and then there're the drop-bears...
>
> Shh. They're a secret. And a shock & awe special version is being developed:
> it's fed a diet of Foster's beer and shrimp from Hogan's grill while being
> made to watch Irwin's show. The Australian SAS wants them for when GWH Bush
> goes into Iran and Australia tags along.

*
And what the hell is this "follow Bush" syndrome? Did you know that
the only two so-called civilized countries in the world that did not
sign the Kyoto Accords (global warming) were US and Australia?

Listen, you antipodeans: Take a look at France, yes I know they are
uppity and overbearing and don't bathe frequently, but they do not
-- repeat -- NOT -- follow George Bush. (And their wine is pretty
damned good -- like yours.)

Watch and learn!

earle
*

Robin Levett

Jul 24, 2006, 3:16:56 AM7/24/06
tim.anderson wrote:

>> Robin Levett asked:
>>
>> But won't they scare "the Marines"?
>
> Why would the Marines be frightened of an animal the size of a polar
> bear that drinks overproof rum and climbs up a tree to jump on
> unsuspecting passers-underneath?

To ask the question...

wendel...@hotmail.com

Jul 24, 2006, 6:22:33 AM7/24/06

Logos wrote:
> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>
> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>
> First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang. Then
> comes Athiesm. Then comes self-loathing and misanthropy, which leads to
> elitism and superiority complexes. The resulting social ostracization leads
> to homoeroticism and other perversions. The insatiable demand for money to
> fund extravagances coupled with the sloth that accompanies the welfare check
> creates a visceral hatred of capitalism. Finally, the abuser is no longer
> able to feel for his country and multiculturalism takes over. The
> transformation is complete.
>
> I've seen it happen again and again.

Actually, you have not seen it, even once.

The real gateway science, in the sense you indicate is quantum physics.
Quantum physics has set aside strict causal determinism and has
modelled physical reality as a probabilistic crapshoot. The
probabilities are computable, but outcomes are by chance under the
computed probabilities.

Biology (what you call Darwinism) has not had nearly as much influence
on the the general state culture and morality as physics. It was not
biology that has produced atomic- weapons and electronic devices that
have completely revolutionized industry and communications. The
Internet and T.V. has more to do with dissolving the traditional glue
of our society than biological science (what you mistakenly call
Darwinism). In point of fact, Darwins hypothesis of natural selection
had fallen into disfavor by 1900 and was revived only by advances in
molecular biology and genetics. The one permanent change Darwinism (as
you call it produced) was to show that life on Earth has been on Earth
for a much longer time than is implied by Scripture. The Earth is old
and the processes that are operative now, even as we speak have been
operative for very long periods of time.

Wendel Fendel.

The Last Conformist

Jul 25, 2006, 4:33:40 PM7/25/06

wendel...@hotmail.com wrote:
> The one permanent change Darwinism (as
> you call it produced) was to show that life on Earth has been on Earth
> for a much longer time than is implied by Scripture.

That's not true - the great antiquity of life was established beyond
reasonable doubt well before Darwin.

wendel...@hotmail.com

Jul 25, 2006, 6:03:18 PM7/25/06

That is true. The great age of the earth was known at least a century
before Darwin. And it was postulated that the natural processes that
occurred early in Earth's history are still happening.

Thank you for the clairification.

Wendel Fendel

Christopher Heiny

Jul 29, 2006, 8:32:22 PM7/29/06
Dana Tweedy wrote:

> "Logos" <a...@asd.com> wrote in message

>> Marijuana is the Gateway Drug.
>>
>> And Darwin is the Gateway Science.
>>
>> First it's evolution. Then comes plate tectonics and the Big-Bang.
>> Then
>> comes Athiesm. Then comes self-loathing and misanthropy, which leads to
>> elitism and superiority complexes. The resulting social ostracization
>> leads to homoeroticism and other perversions. The insatiable demand for
>> money to fund extravagances coupled with the sloth that accompanies the
>> welfare check creates a visceral hatred of capitalism. Finally, the
>> abuser is no longer able to feel for his country and multiculturalism
>> takes over. The transformation is complete.
>

> Which of course leads to dancing......

No, it leads to sex standing up, and THAT in turn leads to dancing.

--
Christopher Heiny
Professor of Bizarre Theories

.