*** Post of the Month for September 2005: Vote Now! ***

Adam Marczyk

Oct 10, 2006, 12:07:10 AM10/10/06
Hello all,

There are five nominees this month:

Chris Ho-Stuart on a scientific prediction that evolution would produce
irreducibly complex systems:
http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/807feaa06a8d3541?dmode=source

Inez on the annoyance of false claims of reasonableness:
http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/f958429e8e8b1160?dmode=source

Perplexed in Peoria on the various schools of thought on abiogenesis:
http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/d2af4b3214d77334?dmode=source

Kermit on non-randomness and design:
http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/619b0cd46723f55d?dmode=source

Jim Willemin and Timberwoof (in a rare double nomination) on the effects
of changing radioactive decay rates:
http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/432005cbdc86f516?dmode=source
http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/059f0011a4343801?dmode=source

As always, voting may be by e-mail or newsgroup post and will continue
for one week.

--
"We have loved the stars too fondly | a.a. #2001
to be fearful of the night." | http://www.ebonmusings.org

Adam Marczyk

Oct 10, 2006, 12:15:40 AM10/10/06
That should, of course, be 2006...

Ken Shackleton

Oct 10, 2006, 1:36:01 AM10/10/06

On Oct 9, 10:07 pm, Adam Marczyk <ebonm...@DELETETHIS.hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> There are five nominees this month:
>
> Chris Ho-Stuart on a scientific prediction that evolution would produce

> irreducibly complex systems:http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/807feaa06a8d3541?dmod...news:1158845586....@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
>
> Inez on the annoyance of false claims of reasonableness:http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/f958429e8e8b1160?dmod...news:1157463993.6...@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com
>
> Perplexed in Peoria on the various schools of thought on abiogenesis:http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/d2af4b3214d77334?dmod...news:XjNLg.2119$MF1...@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net
>
> Kermit on non-randomness and design:http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/619b0cd46723f55d?dmod...news:1159111864.9...@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com

> Jim Willemin and Timberwoof (in a rare double nomination) on the effects

> of changing radioactive decay rates:http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/432005cbdc86f516?dmod...news:timberwoof.spam-11...@nnrp-virt.nntp.sonic.nethttp://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/059f0011a4343801?dmod...news:Xns9833532591FBFji...@216.196.97.142

> As always, voting may be by e-mail or newsgroup post and will continue
> for one week.

Sorry about the first reply....it's late...

All excellent...however...the green guy [Kermit] gets my vote.

Ken

Ken Shackleton

Oct 10, 2006, 1:34:32 AM10/10/06

Mike Dworetsky

Oct 10, 2006, 2:48:37 AM10/10/06
My choices for 2006 September:

This was really good, thanks to Chris for locating this and describing it so
clearly.

> Chris Ho-Stuart on a scientific prediction that evolution would produce
> irreducibly complex systems:

http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/807feaa06a8d3541?dmode=source

This pair of posts below makes an excellent runner-up. If possible I'd like
to see both Chris's and the pair below on the POTM pages.

--
Mike Dworetsky

(Remove "pants" spamblock to send e-mail)

Ye Old One

Oct 10, 2006, 4:51:23 AM10/10/06
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 04:07:10 GMT, Adam Marczyk
<ebon...@DELETETHIS.hotmail.com> enriched this group when s/he wrote:

>Perplexed in Peoria on the various schools of thought on abiogenesis:
>http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/d2af4b3214d77334?dmode=source

This one please.

--
Bob.

Søren K

Oct 10, 2006, 5:13:21 AM10/10/06

Wakboth

Oct 10, 2006, 5:33:12 AM10/10/06

Adam Marczyk kirjoitti:

My vote is on this one.

-- Wakboth

Gerry Murphy

Oct 10, 2006, 5:38:44 AM10/10/06

"Adam Marczyk" <ebon...@DELETETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hello all,
>
> There are five nominees this month:

This one
Message has been deleted

Dana Tweedy

Oct 10, 2006, 3:53:18 PM10/10/06

"Ray Martinez" <pyram...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Adam Marczyk wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> There are five nominees this month:
>>
>> Chris Ho-Stuart on a scientific prediction that evolution would produce
>> irreducibly complex systems:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/807feaa06a8d3541?dmode=source
>>

> Chris, like all Darwinists is horribly confused or horribly dishonest
> or an object of God's wrath.
>
> IF IC exists then Darwinian evolution is falsified.

Ray, as has been pointed out, that's not true. You know this, why do you
persist in making claims you know are false?

> The post above
> simply asserts "evolution-did-it" while ignoring the definition of IC -
> a definition that defies incremental step by step evolution.

IC does not "defy" incremental evoluiton. One thing you keep forgetting
Ray is that evolution does not reqire that every step be an 'improvement'.
Steps can remove functions as well as add them. Systems can change their
function.

> "Black Box" proved the existence of IC systems and falsified the main
> claim of Darwin's theory (stepping stone evolution).

Which is simply not true, for the reasons stated above.

> In response,
> Darwinists do one of two things: deny the existence of IC, or evade the
> ramifications of IC like Chris did and assert "evolution-did-it". IC
> systems falsify stepping-stone evolution. You cannot have it both ways.

Why not, Ray? Why can't a "step" change the function? Why can't it remove
functions as well as add them?

> Why do Darwinists evade and misrepresent the crystal clear of evidence
> of IC ?

Why do you think they do? You are begging the question Ray.

> Could we ever expect atheists to do anything else ?

Yes, one could expect them to do anything else. Also, what evidence do you
have that all scientists are atheist?

> "Darwinism is a penalty from God for denying Him the credit and status
> of Creator" (Dr. Gene Scott, 2001).

Just another thing that Scott was wrong about.

> Lunatic posts like Chris Stuart's prove that Dr. Scott is absolutely
> correct.

How, exactly?

> There is no other explanation since the evidence of IC is so
> clear and damning against ToE.

or, maybe you are wrong. Have you ever considered that option?

DJT

Mark Isaak

Oct 10, 2006, 3:55:52 PM10/10/06

My vote here:

> Perplexed in Peoria on the various schools of thought on abiogenesis:
> http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/d2af4b3214d77334?dmode=source

--
Mark Isaak eciton (at) earthlink (dot) net
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of

catshark

Oct 10, 2006, 8:07:04 PM10/10/06
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 04:07:10 GMT, Adam Marczyk
<ebon...@DELETETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

Most definitely this one, UNLESS Chris would be willing to expand it into a
full article for the Archives. As it stands now, there only appears to be
a brief mention of Muller's contention (and a link to his original article)
in the Index of Creationist Claims. As helpful as that may be, this is a
very effective demonstration of the difference between science and Behe's
prattle and should have a more complete explanation in the Archives.

>Chris Ho-Stuart on a scientific prediction that evolution would produce
>irreducibly complex systems:
>http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/807feaa06a8d3541?dmode=source

--
---------------
J. Pieret

In the name of the bee
And of the butterfly
And of the breeze, amen

- Emily Dickinson -

Do you think everyone should have a blog?
Here is the counter-evidence: <http://dododreams.blogspot.com/>

Jon Fleming

Oct 10, 2006, 8:49:01 PM10/10/06
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 04:07:10 GMT, Adam Marczyk
<ebon...@DELETETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

\
This one please:

--
jrf
replace nospam with group to email

David Holland

Oct 10, 2006, 9:15:24 PM10/10/06
This one gets my vote.

Friar Broccoli

Oct 10, 2006, 9:47:29 PM10/10/06
For me it is a coin toss between:

> Chris Ho-Stuart on a scientific prediction that evolution would produce
> irreducibly complex systems:

> Perplexed in Peoria on the various schools of thought on abiogenesis:

but I'm going to go with Perplexed's abiogenesis article because I
learned
more.

chris.li...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2006, 10:52:47 PM10/10/06

Adam Marczyk wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi Adam.

> There are five nominees this month:

First runner up:

> Chris Ho-Stuart on a scientific prediction that evolution would produce
> irreducibly complex systems:
> http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/807feaa06a8d3541?dmode=source

I stand by the posts I nominated. Great job guys.

> Jim Willemin and Timberwoof (in a rare double nomination) on the effects
> of changing radioactive decay rates:
> http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/432005cbdc86f516?dmode=source
> http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/059f0011a4343801?dmode=source
>
> As always, voting may be by e-mail or newsgroup post and will continue
> for one week.

Can we vote by email AND newsgroup post?

Chris

Lee Jay

Oct 10, 2006, 11:02:48 PM10/10/06

That one for my vote.

Lee Jay

John Wilkins

Oct 10, 2006, 11:39:05 PM10/10/06
catshark <cats...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 04:07:10 GMT, Adam Marczyk
> <ebon...@DELETETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Most definitely this one, UNLESS Chris would be willing to expand it into a
> full article for the Archives. As it stands now, there only appears to be
> a brief mention of Muller's contention (and a link to his original article)
> in the Index of Creationist Claims. As helpful as that may be, this is a
> very effective demonstration of the difference between science and Behe's
> prattle and should have a more complete explanation in the Archives.
>
> >Chris Ho-Stuart on a scientific prediction that evolution would produce
> >irreducibly complex systems:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/807feaa06a8d3541?dmode=source

Ditto
--
John S. Wilkins, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Biohumanities Project
University of Queensland - Blog: scienceblogs.com/evolvingthoughts

Tedd Jacobs

Oct 11, 2006, 1:22:41 AM10/11/06

"Ray Martinez" wrote...

<snip>

> Why do Darwinists evade and misrepresent the crystal clear of evidence
> of IC ?
>

> Could we ever expect atheists to do anything else ?

why does one have to be an atheist to be a darwinist?

[...]

Frank J

Oct 11, 2006, 7:16:32 PM10/11/06

Adam Marczyk wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> There are five nominees this month:

For POTM:

> Chris Ho-Stuart on a scientific prediction that evolution would produce
> irreducibly complex systems:
> http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/807feaa06a8d3541?dmode=source

Close 2nd:

If there's a "quote of the month" category, I'd nominate:

(snip)

Tuokku

Oct 13, 2006, 1:52:55 AM10/13/06
Me likey this one:

> Chris Ho-Stuart on a scientific prediction that evolution would produce
> irreducibly complex systems:
> http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/807feaa06a8d3541?dmode=source

-Tuokku

ErikW

Oct 13, 2006, 4:51:53 AM10/13/06

Adam Marczyk wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> There are five nominees this month:

Chris Ho-Stuart gets my vote:

> Chris Ho-Stuart on a scientific prediction that evolution would produce
> irreducibly complex systems:
> http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/807feaa06a8d3541?dmode=source

ErikW

Noelie S. Alito

Oct 15, 2006, 12:52:05 PM10/15/06
Adam Marczyk wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> There are five nominees this month:

Damn damn damn damn damn!

Ok...this one:

Perplexed in Peoria

Oct 15, 2006, 2:04:41 PM10/15/06

"Adam Marczyk" <ebon...@DELETETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O%EWg.2675$Ka1...@news01.roc.ny...

All good, and thanks to the people who voted for mine.
But this one is best:

June

Oct 16, 2006, 9:57:15 AM10/16/06
Adam Marczyk <ebon...@DELETETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> There are five nominees this month:

I agree with catshark that it would be great if Chris would expand this
into an article for the archive. This is certainly new information to me
& is really helpful in answoring the ID crowd. If he can't, then this is
my first vote.

> Chris Ho-Stuart on a scientific prediction that evolution would produce
> irreducibly complex systems:
> http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/807feaa06a8d3541?dmode=source

This is my vote for post, if Chris doesn't make the above an article.

But it was a close tie with this one, so this is my third runner-up.

> Perplexed in Peoria on the various schools of thought on abiogenesis:
> http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/msg/d2af4b3214d77334?dmode=source

Gah! Does it seem like I'm having trouble making a decision this month?
All of the nominations were good. Nice job everyone.

--
My 2¢ ß-}

June