Email hiatus

David Iain Greig

Jul 28, 2008, 9:29:51 PM7/28/08
Darwin lost some email connectivity.

Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.

--D.

Garamond Lethe

Jul 28, 2008, 10:06:22 PM7/28/08

Thanks for getting things back up and running.

Garamond

Vernon Balbert

Jul 28, 2008, 10:33:19 PM7/28/08
On 7/28/2008 7:06 PM, Garamond Lethe went clickity clack on the keyboard
and produced this interesting bit of text:

Indeed. I missed the group. At least I didn't panic like my friends do
when they can't access a web site or their e-mail.

--
Who are you? Why am I here? I want answers now or I want them eventually!

Martin Hutton

Jul 28, 2008, 10:34:43 PM7/28/08

On 28-Jul-2008, David Iain Greig <dgr...@ediacara.org> wrote:

> Darwin lost some email connectivity.
>
> Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.

Thanks David...2 days without T.O. is *quite* enough.

--
Martin Hutton

Martin Hutton

Jul 28, 2008, 10:34:43 PM7/28/08

On 28-Jul-2008, David Iain Greig <dgr...@ediacara.org> wrote:

> Darwin lost some email connectivity.
>
> Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.

Thanks David...2 days without T.O. is *quite* enough.

--
Martin Hutton

John Wilkins

Jul 28, 2008, 10:51:07 PM7/28/08
Martin Hutton <mdhutton1...@hotmailREMOVE.com> wrote:

I can stop drinking scotch now and go back to beer?
--
John S. Wilkins, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Philosophy
University of Queensland - Blog: scienceblogs.com/evolvingthoughts

Dick C

Jul 28, 2008, 11:07:20 PM7/28/08
David Iain Greig wrote in talk.origins

> Darwin lost some email connectivity.
>
> Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.

And I thought you just went away for the weekend. :)
thanks for getting it back up.

--
Dick #1349
deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Home Page: dickcr.iwarp.com
email: dic...@gmail.com

macaddicted

Jul 28, 2008, 11:44:03 PM7/28/08
John Wilkins <j.wil...@uq.edu.au> wrote:

> Martin Hutton <mdhutton1...@hotmailREMOVE.com> wrote:
>
> > On 28-Jul-2008, David Iain Greig <dgr...@ediacara.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Darwin lost some email connectivity.
> > >
> > > Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.
> >
> > Thanks David...2 days without T.O. is *quite* enough.
>
> I can stop drinking scotch now and go back to beer?

Yes. http://tinyurl.com/5r4ppk

You bring the beer, I'll bring the "crackers."
--
macaddicted
Wisdom is radiant and unfading and she is easily discerned

June

Jul 29, 2008, 12:03:34 AM7/29/08
David Iain Greig <dgr...@ediacara.org> wrote:

Thanks, DIG. I was having withdrawal symptoms & had to (ab)use other
substances instead of the internet. It was getting ugly!

--
My 2¢ ß-}

June
To email me replace 'go' with 'ville' and remove the .spam.jam

Chris Thompson

Jul 29, 2008, 12:27:03 AM7/29/08
j.wil...@uq.edu.au (John Wilkins) wrote in news:1ikubo9.1hjpzotzvywiN%
j.wil...@uq.edu.au:

> Martin Hutton <mdhutton1...@hotmailREMOVE.com> wrote:
>
>> On 28-Jul-2008, David Iain Greig <dgr...@ediacara.org> wrote:
>>
>> > Darwin lost some email connectivity.
>> >
>> > Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.
>>
>> Thanks David...2 days without T.O. is *quite* enough.
>
> I can stop drinking scotch now and go back to beer?

Cripes. I'm jealous. When I don't read creationist posts I can go back to
beer. Posts from Sean, Glenn and Pagano force me onto the serious stuff.

Chris

Chris Thompson

Jul 29, 2008, 12:32:31 AM7/29/08
David Iain Greig <dgr...@ediacara.org> wrote in news:cabal-
slrng8sskf....@darwin.ediacara.org:

> Darwin lost some email connectivity.
>
> Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.
>
> --D.

Thanks for your work on our behalf, David.

Chris

Chris Thompson

Jul 29, 2008, 12:28:49 AM7/29/08
Dick C <f00d...@gmal.com> wrote in news:Xns9AE9CCB65C777dickcrgmail.com@
216.168.3.50:

> David Iain Greig wrote in talk.origins
>
>> Darwin lost some email connectivity.
>>
>> Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.
>
> And I thought you just went away for the weekend. :)
> thanks for getting it back up.

Maybe he did go away for the weekend, and getting it back up was what he
did in his off time.

But that's TMI

Chris

Therion Ware

Jul 29, 2008, 12:31:02 AM7/29/08

Nice to see you back.

Boikat

Jul 29, 2008, 12:33:17 AM7/29/08

Except for Ray's paper. I must confess. It was me. As the secret
guardian of the Truth, I intercepted his "Paper" when it was
originally sent, and in order to protect the lives and jobs of all
those atheisticevolutionists, I had to zap the entire system, lest a
copy of his brilliant (gah!) manefesto reach the server and destroy
the lives of evilutionistatheistis everywhere, and also, shred the ToE

Sorry for the overkill.

Boikat
Guardian of the twooth!

raven1

Jul 29, 2008, 12:42:29 AM7/29/08

Except for Ray's paper, for some reason.

chris thompson

Jul 29, 2008, 12:48:15 AM7/29/08

I trust you dispatched the Black Helicopters to reformat his Hard
Drive, and all of his 5.25" floppies, right?

But there's no such thing as a Black Helicopter. Look at this pen,
please.

PHWAP

Chris

Boikat

Jul 29, 2008, 12:57:55 AM7/29/08
On Jul 28, 11:48 pm, chris thompson <chris.linthomp...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Helicopters? That's so '80's. We use large silent triangular black
blimps nowadays.

Boikat
PHWAP
There is no cabal, believe me.

*Hemidactylus*

Jul 29, 2008, 1:06:20 AM7/29/08
On Jul 29, 12:33 am, Boikat <boi...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
Whew! That was a close call. Thanks Boikat. We can go back to
worshipping golden calves again now.

Hail Baal.

*Hemidactylus*

Jul 29, 2008, 1:14:05 AM7/29/08
On Jul 29, 12:48 am, chris thompson <chris.linthomp...@gmail.com>
wrote:
That was expensive too. We had to refuel those choppers after the
extremely dangerous rescue mission of Mark Isaak who was hopelessly
trapped in another thread eating fish he caught with maggots dug out
of dead deer carcasses. Then off we were to try to thwart the
electronic distribution of Ray's monumental paper. There was much
collateral damage during that operation. Immumerable posts may have
been sacrificed for the greater good. The life of a Darwin atheist
commando is not easy.

John Wilkins

Jul 29, 2008, 1:39:40 AM7/29/08
Boikat <boi...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

And a *pen*? What happened to the old standby, the LRM - Large Rubber
Mallet?

Tiny Bulcher

Jul 29, 2008, 2:56:07 AM7/29/08
žus cwęš *Hemidactylus*:

Yeah, but, think of all the cool weapons we get to tote. Um, I mean, so
I heard.

Rolf

Jul 29, 2008, 3:58:16 AM7/29/08

"David Iain Greig" <dgr...@ediacara.org> wrote in message

> Darwin lost some email connectivity.
>
> Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.

You-know-who must be frothing at the mouth by now.
Better brace for a barrage - or did he finish our paper?

> --D.

Robert Carnegie

Jul 29, 2008, 6:46:46 AM7/29/08
On Jul 29, 2:29 am, David Iain Greig <dgr...@ediacara.org> wrote:
> Darwin lost some email connectivity.
>
> Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.

"Will be"? Still pending, then? I know I sent at least one "So the
group is, like, dead?" from Google, that isn't visible. And of course
is redundant. But I don't know what else I wrote that entered the
"African-American Hole" that Darwin briefly became.

Greg G.

Jul 29, 2008, 7:07:40 AM7/29/08

Thanks. I was getting tired of reading Sean's last post.

Ye Old One

Jul 29, 2008, 8:04:30 AM7/29/08

I thought Dishonest Ray had finally posted his "paper" and the whole
system had gone into melt down.

Then I realized, of course, this is the real world - we will never
seen his mythical paper.

--
Bob.

hersheyh

Jul 29, 2008, 10:01:29 AM7/29/08
On Jul 28, 9:29 pm, David Iain Greig <dgr...@ediacara.org> wrote:

I was going to say "Thank God!", but realized that it would be much
more accurate to dyslexically say "Thank DIG!".

Out of boredom, I decided to look at what was available at
alt.talk.creation, where I quickly discovered that, indeed, it was
possible for there to be a sewer where our "golden drop of sun" might
appear to be more logical, more intelligent, and more learned than the
typical creationist at a site. I shudder to think about the further
depths of pornographic ignorance that might exist elsewhere on the web
and have vowed to never visit a site that talks about "the good old
times when Southern hospitality and culture reigned".

But just to show that I can be a fair-minded bastard, I thought that
the behavior of the 'evolutionists' at alt.talk.creation were limited
to insulting other poster's limited mental abilities, to generating
heat without light.

To pick out just three (by different authors) examples of what passes
for "intelligent discussion" and "logical argument" there (none by our
"golden drop of sun", although the first reeks of his language)...

Example #1:

"Cosmological Time is just another lie put forth by Atheists for
Atheists. time is equated in just one place and in just one way... by
the rising and setting of the sun here on God's earth.

there is no time in outer space because time is calculated only by
the rising and setting of the sun. the Big Bang is a Catholic priests
idea... a Polytheist, Mary worshipping reprobate Atheist."

Example #2:

"Today Science claims:

A spacecraft flying high above Mars has found evidence that water
flowed on
the planet in such abundance billions of years ago that lakes and
rivers
existed all over its surface, scientists reported Wednesday.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/16/MNUC11PNH...

But it also claims:

Milky Way Galaxy Formation Solar System Formation
The solar system formed out of a big cloud of gas and dust about 4.6
billion
years ago.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikijunior_Solar_System/How_the_Solar_Sy...

Since "billions of years ago" the solar system was still a scorching
hot,
"big cloud of gas and dust" and the planets were being bombarded by
asteroids,(as science claims) it is doubtful that Mars had water. Just
another lie out of the plethora of lies from science to justify their
budgets and remove credit from our one true God."

Example #3:

"It's actually the case that the only way organisms come to have
common genetic information is by having a common designer.

All Earth organisms have common genetic information.
Therefore, all Earth organisms were created by a common designer.

Tell me how the above is not deductively valid, or show me the
no-doubt ironclad evidence you have that one or both of the
premises are false."

AC

Jul 29, 2008, 11:05:43 AM7/29/08
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 01:29:51 +0000 (UTC),
David Iain Greig <dgr...@ediacara.org> wrote:
> Darwin lost some email connectivity.
>
> Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.

It's censorship, I tell you, censorship!!!

--
Aaron Clausen mightym...@gmail.com

Martin Hutton

Jul 29, 2008, 12:52:15 PM7/29/08

On 28-Jul-2008, j.wil...@uq.edu.au (John Wilkins) wrote:

> Martin Hutton <mdhutton1...@hotmailREMOVE.com> wrote:
>
> > On 28-Jul-2008, David Iain Greig <dgr...@ediacara.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Darwin lost some email connectivity.
> > >
> > > Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.
> >
> > Thanks David...2 days without T.O. is *quite* enough.
>
> I can stop drinking scotch now and go back to beer?

Good grief man! What's wrong with both?

--
Martin Hutton

James Goetz

Jul 29, 2008, 2:20:54 PM7/29/08
On Jul 28, 9:29 pm, David Iain Greig <dgr...@ediacara.org> wrote:
> Darwin lost some email connectivity.
>
> Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.

I posted the definition of "species" and explained abiogenesis and
solved quantum gravity, but it's all gone. My three article post never
spooled and I had no other copy.

Steven L.

Jul 29, 2008, 2:49:54 PM7/29/08
David Iain Greig wrote:
> Darwin lost some email connectivity.
>
> Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.

I was noticing that posts weren't getting thru.

Thanks for fixing things.

--
Steven L.
Email: sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net

Tiny Bulcher

Jul 29, 2008, 3:15:28 PM7/29/08
žus cwęš Martin Hutton:

Are you volunteering to clean up afterwards?

Martin Hutton

Jul 29, 2008, 3:32:49 PM7/29/08

On 29-Jul-2008, "Tiny Bulcher" <alyc...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> us cwæð Martin Hutton:

Hell no! That's the barkeep's job.

--
Martin Hutton

Harry K

Jul 29, 2008, 5:01:18 PM7/29/08
> bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."- Hide quoted text -

Are those still around? I thought they evolved into the loon mallet.

Harry K

Walter Busehll

Jul 29, 2008, 5:21:40 PM7/29/08
In article <1ikt2vb.172xmsb19xyncwN%macad...@REMOVETHISca.rr.com>,
macad...@REMOVETHISca.rr.com (macaddicted) wrote:

> John Wilkins <j.wil...@uq.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > Martin Hutton <mdhutton1...@hotmailREMOVE.com> wrote:

> > > Thanks David...2 days without T.O. is *quite* enough.
> >
> > I can stop drinking scotch now and go back to beer?
>

> Yes. http://tinyurl.com/5r4ppk
>
> You bring the beer, I'll bring the "crackers."

Crackers as in redneck peckerwoods?

Bob Casanova

Jul 29, 2008, 5:44:47 PM7/29/08
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 01:29:51 +0000 (UTC), the following
appeared in talk.origins, posted by David Iain Greig
<dgr...@ediacara.org>:

>Darwin lost some email connectivity.
>
>Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.

Thanks! I was just about to apply to the halfway house when
t.o reappeared and I was able to get my fix.
--

Bob C.

"Evidence confirming an observation is
- McNameless

Bob Casanova

Jul 29, 2008, 5:48:19 PM7/29/08
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:58:16 +0200, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by "Rolf" <rolf.a...@tele2.no>:

Maybe the outage exceeded his attention span and he won't be
back.

Paul J Gans

Jul 29, 2008, 6:25:34 PM7/29/08
Vernon Balbert <vbal...@gmail.nospam.com> wrote:
>On 7/28/2008 7:06 PM, Garamond Lethe went clickity clack on the keyboard
>and produced this interesting bit of text:

>> On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 01:29:51 +0000, David Iain Greig wrote:
>>
>>> Darwin lost some email connectivity.
>>>
>>> Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.
>>>
>>> --D.
>>
>> Thanks for getting things back up and running.

>Indeed. I missed the group. At least I didn't panic like my friends do
>when they can't access a web site or their e-mail.

I missed it too. But with NOTHING posted on a very active newsgroup
it just had to be darwin. I suspect it lost all or almost all
connectivity.

But I thank David for fixing things and I'm glad darwin is back.

--
--- Paul J. Gans

Paul J Gans

Jul 29, 2008, 6:29:53 PM7/29/08
Chris Thompson <ctho...@takeout.bmcc.cuny.edu> wrote:
>Dick C <f00d...@gmal.com> wrote in news:Xns9AE9CCB65C777dickcrgmail.com@
>216.168.3.50:

>> David Iain Greig wrote in talk.origins

>>> Darwin lost some email connectivity.
>>>
>>> Should be ok now and spooled articles will be submitted.
>>

>> And I thought you just went away for the weekend. :)
>> thanks for getting it back up.
>>

>Maybe he did go away for the weekend, and getting it back up was what he
>did in his off time.

>But that's TMI

Darwin is too old for such tomfoolery.

macaddicted

Robert Carnegie

Aug 1, 2008, 9:56:39 AM8/1/08
On Jul 29, 11:29 pm, Paul J Gans <g...@panix.com> wrote:
> Chris Thompson <cthomp...@takeout.bmcc.cuny.edu> wrote:
> >Dick C <f00dic...@gmal.com> wrote in news:Xns9AE9CCB65C777dickcrgmail.com@

> >216.168.3.50:
> >> David Iain Greig wrote in talk.origins

> >> And I thought you just went away for the weekend. :)
> >> thanks for getting it back up.
>
> >Maybe he did go away for the weekend, and getting it back up was what he
> >did in his off time.
> >But that's TMI
>
> Darwin is too old for such tomfoolery.

Darwin is carrying too much.