[ADMIN] [POLL] Is it time to can Charles Bee from this group?

John Bambenek

Mar 15, 2007, 9:41:06 AM3/15/07
Charles Bee's only contributions to the group have been flaming, trolling,
or copy & pasting entire news articles. The charter of this group is to
allow for serious political discussion and it is moderated for that
reason. Has the time come to ban Charles Bee and his unproductive and
puerile behavior?

Server 13

Mar 15, 2007, 10:21:38 AM3/15/07

"John Bambenek" <bamb...@control.csl.uiuc.edu> wrote in message

> Charles Bee's only contributions to the group have been flaming, trolling,
> or copy & pasting entire news articles.

Simply a lie.

James Farrar

Mar 15, 2007, 10:36:16 AM3/15/07

Am I to presume that you are "Charles Bee"?

FACE

Mar 15, 2007, 11:43:15 AM3/15/07
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:41:06 -0500, in talk.current-events John Bambenek
<bamb...@control.csl.uiuc.edu>, wrote

I should probably recuse myself from voting as my vote would be highly
prejudiced since softedge -- the man with no points, or cbee or any of his
numerous posting names has been a canker, unbidden and uncalled for, in my
opinion -- a minor annoyance if you will -- since I landed here.

I do want the cowardly liar to meet me on open and neutral ground where I
will proceed to most savagely disassemble him. The reason is simplicity
itself -- it is impolite to engage in fights in the house of the host, but
challenges should be taken to neutral grounds.

He is weak as well as a proven liar and coward and his existence is mostly
for my and your amusement.

FACE

Message has been deleted

John Bambenek

Mar 15, 2007, 11:17:25 AM3/15/07
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Just Judy wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:43:15 -0500, FACE
> <AFaceIn...@seereplyto.net> wrote:
>
>> He is weak as well as a proven liar and coward and his existence is mostly
>> for my and your amusement.
>

> Amusing this isn't. :(
>
> Do you and others realize that *you* are only hurting
> yourselves by this behavior? Killfiles were invented for just this
> situation, but hopes are high that this group can return to the
> discussion forum it once was.

Oh, I already have him killfiled.

Bert Hyman

Mar 15, 2007, 11:22:49 AM3/15/07
Just_...@excite.com (Just Judy) wrote in

> Killfiles were invented for just this situation, ...

As were moderated newsgroups.

Having to use a killfile in a moderated newsgroup simply to clean out
objectively offensive posts for more than a day or two suggests a
failure of moderation.

I suppose in a robo-moderated newsgroup such as this one, where the
moderator might not actually be reading all the posts before
approving them, we might expect to wait a bit longer.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | be...@iphouse.com

FACE

Mar 15, 2007, 12:38:04 PM3/15/07
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:57:36 -0500, in talk.current-events Just Judy
<Just_...@excite.com>, wrote

>On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:43:15 -0500, FACE
><AFaceIn...@seereplyto.net> wrote:
>

>>He is weak as well as a proven liar and coward and his existence is mostly
>>for my and your amusement.
>

> Amusing this isn't. :(

Now Judy, don't tell me that you had an humorectomy.
You should smile more....like this -- :-)

> Do you and others realize that *you* are only hurting
>yourselves by this behavior?

No. In many things, I remain as oblivious as a skipping stone.....besides,
someone here has already said that I have "limited interests".

>Killfiles were invented for just this

>situation, but hopes are high that this group can return to the
>discussion forum it once was.

Well, at least you have hope........:-)

So, are you having a strawberry spring where you are? Someone in Indiana
wrote me that they have fresh snow on the ground in Indiana this morning
after being warm for a week. It happens most every year, and everyone seems
to think it is the first time it has ever happened. I hear that the sky is
falling.........

FACE

Server 13

Mar 15, 2007, 11:38:19 AM3/15/07

"James Farrar" <james.s...@gmail.com> wrote in message

That's what my FOID card says. ;)

Server 13

Mar 15, 2007, 11:47:40 AM3/15/07

"John Bambenek" <bamb...@control.csl.uiuc.edu> wrote in message

..And he STILL can't get me out of his mind. =)

James Farrar

Mar 15, 2007, 11:53:23 AM3/15/07
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:22:49 -0500, Bert Hyman <be...@iphouse.com>
wrote:

This group, IIRC, is moderated only for crossposting.

People who use the group primarily to engage in partisan bickering
should, quite frankly, and solely in my opinion, fuck off to some
lesser forum where that sort of thing is actually appreciated and
encouraged. Like Congress.

John Bambenek

Mar 15, 2007, 12:10:57 PM3/15/07

I agree. So should I take that as a "yes" vote to banning Charles Bee?

Server 13

Mar 15, 2007, 12:38:44 PM3/15/07

"John Bambenek" <bamb...@control.csl.uiuc.edu> wrote in message

lol Clearly Bambi's decided to ignore 100% of his posting history for the
past six years.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Lane Straatman

Mar 15, 2007, 4:47:53 PM3/15/07

"Bert Hyman" <be...@iphouse.com> wrote in message

> Just_...@excite.com (Just Judy) wrote in
>
>> Killfiles were invented for just this situation,
What the heck *is* a killfile? There's a lot about the internet I don't
know. Just today, I finally figured out what YMMV means. I notice that my
organization is Killfiles, Unlimited .
--
LS

FACE

Mar 15, 2007, 6:04:12 PM3/15/07
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:47:53 -0500, in talk.current-events Lane Straatman
<inv...@invalid.net>, wrote

Well, YMMV, but ATEOTD, you might find things at:
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/

Not sure about the vagaries of Outlook Express, but try CTRL-K and see what
happens, otherwise look for "Block Sender", otherwise over to you
Burt.........

FACE

Server 13

Mar 15, 2007, 5:17:12 PM3/15/07
FACE wrote:

Then any neutral grounds should do, right?

Nohbody

Mar 15, 2007, 5:21:01 PM3/15/07
Lane Straatman <inv...@invalid.net> made an infinite number of monkeys
bang out the following:

Very basically, a killfile is just a type of filter used by many usenet
clients to not show (either by deleting or marking read, when
downloading new messages for one or more newsgroups) posts meeting
certain characteristics, often the contents of the subject line or
"From" field.

Sometimes another header is used as filter fodder, especially the source
network or a specific usenet server when the filter target morphs
addresses a lot to dodge author filters, but mostly subject or author is
what's used as the filtering triger, as it a) is convenient, and b)
handles things a majority of the time.

The specifics vary from client to client, so you may need to check your
particular reader's help file to get the details.

Dan Poore
--
About the only difference between the wingnuts on each end of the
[political] spectrum is *which* civil right(s) they think we can do

FACE

Mar 15, 2007, 6:31:02 PM3/15/07
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:17:12 -0500, in talk.current-events Server 13
<c-b...@uiuc.edu>, wrote

>> I do want the cowardly liar to meet me on open and neutral ground where I
>> will proceed to most savagely disassemble him. The reason is simplicity
>> itself -- it is impolite to engage in fights in the house of the host, but
>> challenges should be taken to neutral grounds.
>
> Then any neutral grounds should do, right?

I gave you the location on 3/1/7, coward. That was two weeks ago and It is
up to you to get there and quit whining like a whipped child.

Lane Straatman

Mar 15, 2007, 5:42:22 PM3/15/07

"Nohbody" <lo...@my.reply-to.address> wrote in message

> Lane Straatman <inv...@invalid.net> made an infinite number of monkeys
> bang out the following:
>

>> "Bert Hyman" <be...@iphouse.com> wrote in message
>> > Just_...@excite.com (Just Judy) wrote in

>> What the heck *is* a killfile? There's a lot about the internet I don't
>> know. Just today, I finally figured out what YMMV means. I notice that
>> my
>> organization is Killfiles, Unlimited .
>
> Very basically, a killfile is just a type of filter used by many usenet
> clients to not show (either by deleting or marking read, when
> downloading new messages for one or more newsgroups) posts meeting
> certain characteristics, often the contents of the subject line or
> "From" field.
>
> Sometimes another header is used as filter fodder, especially the source
> network or a specific usenet server when the filter target morphs
> addresses a lot to dodge author filters, but mostly subject or author is
> what's used as the filtering triger, as it a) is convenient, and b)
> handles things a majority of the time.
>
> The specifics vary from client to client, so you may need to check your
> particular reader's help file to get the details.
So killfiling is nothing more than adding an internet poster to the ignore
list of your news client. They make it sound like you're going to send the
hashasheen.
--
LS

Server 13

Mar 15, 2007, 6:16:13 PM3/15/07
FACE wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:17:12 -0500, in talk.current-events Server 13
> <c-b...@uiuc.edu>, wrote
>

>>>I do want the cowardly liar to meet me on open and neutral ground where I
>>>will proceed to most savagely disassemble him. The reason is simplicity
>>>itself -- it is impolite to engage in fights in the house of the host, but
>>>challenges should be taken to neutral grounds.
>>
>> Then any neutral grounds should do, right?
>

> I gave you the location on 3/1/7, coward.

lol ...And that's how we all know you're lying about 'neutral grounds',
shithead.

That was two weeks ago and It is
> up to you to get there and quit whining like a whipped child.

So, let's see if I got your position right, chief:

"I challenge you to a debate on, um, uh, 'neutral grounds'. Oh, uh, and,
it
can't be just any 'neutral grounds', um, I get to pick the 'neutral grounds',
yeah, that's it, and, and, you have to get a different news posting service,
uh,
and, uh, you have to subscribe to that one single special 'neutral ground',
and
you, uh, you have to use a special name, or I call NO FAIR!!
WWAAAUUGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Did I get that right, pussy?

You don't want me on neutral grounds, you have something else going on and
are too stump-stupid to realize you gave yourself away instantly, so whine all
you want. I'll be on alt.politics.usa.republican with the rest of your hater
buddies, or at a politics group chosen by an uninterested third party.
Meanwhile, you have three choices - post real stuff, man up and take your
lumps
for your hate posts, or go away.

FACE

Mar 15, 2007, 8:27:20 PM3/15/07
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:16:13 -0500, in talk.current-events Server 13
<c-b...@uiuc.edu>, wrote

>FACE wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:17:12 -0500, in talk.current-events Server 13
>> <c-b...@uiuc.edu>, wrote

>>> Then any neutral grounds should do, right?
>>

>> I gave you the location on 3/1/7, coward.
>

>lol ...And that's how we all know you're lying about 'neutral grounds',
>shithead.

Got a frog in your pocket?

Erik Newman

Mar 15, 2007, 8:33:55 PM3/15/07
Nohbody wrote:

> Very basically, a killfile is just a type of filter used by many usenet
> clients to not show (either by deleting or marking read, when
> downloading new messages for one or more newsgroups) posts meeting
> certain characteristics, often the contents of the subject line or
> "From" field.
>
> Sometimes another header is used as filter fodder, especially the source
> network or a specific usenet server when the filter target morphs
> addresses a lot to dodge author filters, but mostly subject or author is
> what's used as the filtering triger, as it a) is convenient, and b)
> handles things a majority of the time.
>
> The specifics vary from client to client, so you may need to check your
> particular reader's help file to get the details.

Also, you should be aware that the sound made when someone gets added to
your killfile is *plonk*.

Lane Straatman

Mar 15, 2007, 10:17:40 PM3/15/07
I find something I appreciate in every poster, but I enjoy nothing in a
battle of calling each other names. We pretend we're in a room. When two
people start having a shouting match in a restaurant, there's a resolution
quickly because it's going to annoy the guy who's been eating his spinach,
and says "shut the fuck up; I'm here with my girlfriend, and since I'm going
to drop fifty bucks here, I want it tranquil."

No one is going to travel 500 miles to make that point, so that natural
barrier does not exist in cyberspace. Consequently the name calling doesn't
stop like it otherwise would. I called Harriet Miers a "tremendous cunt"
yesterday; I might be part of the problem. Let's fix it.
--
LS

Nohbody

Mar 16, 2007, 4:19:02 AM3/16/07
Lane Straatman <inv...@invalid.net> made an infinite number of monkeys
bang out the following:

> "Nohbody" <lo...@my.reply-to.address> wrote in message

> > Very basically, a killfile is just a type of filter used by many usenet
> > clients to not show (either by deleting or marking read, when
> > downloading new messages for one or more newsgroups) posts meeting
> > certain characteristics, often the contents of the subject line or
> > "From" field.
> >

> So killfiling is nothing more than adding an internet poster to the ignore
> list of your news client. They make it sound like you're going to send the
> hashasheen.

There are times when doing just that doesn't sound like the worst of
ideas.

Somewhat more accurate alternate names for them are "twit filter" and
"bozo bin", which should be pretty clear as to their meaning.

Server 13

Mar 16, 2007, 10:47:16 AM3/16/07

"Lane Straatman" <inv...@invalid.net> wrote in message

It looks like what's actually going to happen is that fairly soon, at some
random point I'll get tired of hateboy and killfile him on all three
machines. His desperate continual bleating about 'liar and coward' is
contentless and tiresome, and he's not really fooling anyone with his
'religion of death' whines and lie brigade editorials anyway. For those of
us interested in real news, he's essentially turned out to be a zero-value
participant, here to push a hateful agenda onto the rest of us no matter
what we think - and incapable of defending it.

Actually, there's not a whole lot of point to continuing in the interim
period - he apparently can't find a single 'lie' of mine for me to defend,
and so far is running from a neutral debate elsewhere as fast as his lil'
neck stump can carry him - unless of course I go to his suggested hive of
red state racists. But since his stuff generally hasn't got a leg to stand
on, I'm still holding out for a 'debate' in the off chance that his idea of
discussion isn't simply to post a series of lie sites and dance around
screaming 'I won, I won'.

Every time I run into a reichwhinger who says 'I always win these things'
or something similar, that turns out to be the case, but hey, you never
know. =)

FACE

Mar 16, 2007, 12:15:01 PM3/16/07
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:47:16 -0500, in talk.current-events Server 13
<i...@casual.com>, wrote

You are an idiot as well as a liar and a coward.

Server 13

Mar 16, 2007, 4:56:56 PM3/16/07
FACE wrote:

Keep whining, and running. It's funny.