I'll try to make this bizarre.

jeff vogel

Feb 27, 1995, 6:01:56 PM2/27/95
Oh, man. I've tried so hard to come up with a way to make this article
bizarre and funny. After all, there are maybe 2-3 of you who would actually
give a shit. I'll hazard on, irregardless, and hope it works out.

Soon, never again will my delight screeds on my delightful abusement of
my students delight you, for soon such abusement will be no more. I will
have sacrificed the last frosh, sunk implants into the brains of the
last sophomore, menaced delightfully the last junior, and plowed the
fertile remnants of the last senior. Those days will be no more.

Soon, never again will I awaken to the sound of neurons firing, firing
warning shots at the herds of graphs, digraphs, and multigraphs romping
across my bed. Never again will I sit staring to the blank page, or the
lovingly crafted and error ridden proof I spent 2 hours writing out and
.07 seconds spilling coffee on. Never again will I collect my meager
paycheck, the bounty of the previous two weeks of self-inflicted mind-
fucking.

Soon, never again will I get hysterically depressed after the third week
of trying to prove this or that basically obvious statement. Never again
will I bop the baloney too keep from working, as opposed to slake my lust,
practice my fantasies, or feed my geraniums. And never again will I think
a Phd will be a groovy thing to have.

Oh, and soon, never again will I sign my posts

- Jeff Vogel
Rutgers Math

because it won't be true.

I'm bailing out of grad school to work on my shareware business full time.
Don't tell me that such businesses almost always fail. I KNOW THAT. But
1. I can't help but make more cash than as a grad student.
2. My wife's making a bundle.
3. I'm having the time of my life. Neener neener.

Yes, I have had my midlife crisis. I decided to do it now. Why? Because I
feel a lot less silly nailing nubile college babes when they're my age. I
don't like sports cars now. And my game (shareware, full-length frp for
the Mac, copies available upon request) is starting to do quite well.

OK. That's it. You can congratulate me on my bold lifestyle choice now.

- Jeff Vogel
Spiderweb Software

Morey Altman

Feb 28, 1995, 12:05:50 PM2/28/95
jeff vogel (jvo...@math.rutgers.edu) wrote:

Much deleted to save space...

: I'm bailing out of grad school to work on my shareware business full time.

: Don't tell me that such businesses almost always fail. I KNOW THAT. But
: 1. I can't help but make more cash than as a grad student.
: 2. My wife's making a bundle.
: 3. I'm having the time of my life. Neener neener.

: Yes, I have had my midlife crisis. I decided to do it now. Why? Because I
: feel a lot less silly nailing nubile college babes when they're my age. I
: don't like sports cars now. And my game (shareware, full-length frp for
: the Mac, copies available upon request) is starting to do quite well.
: OK. That's it. You can congratulate me on my bold lifestyle choice now.
: - Jeff Vogel
: Spiderweb Software

Right or wrong...I have always lived for today...Having "time of my life"
has always been the only thing that matters to me...It sounds like you
are just starting to live...Good luck to you.(on the day I eloped with my
husband and moved to the other side of the country away from family and
friends...he said, I can't promise you much except, it'll never be
boring...andthat is the code we live by,for only us)
Christine
morey_...@mindlink.bc.ca THIS SPACE FOR RENT!
Vancouver, British Columbia call me for info