"Where's the Dungeon Master?"

George William Herbert

Nov 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/12/00
In another forum, Crisper asked (regarding the US Presidential Election):
>Goddammit, where's the fucking Dungeon Master, anyway?

GM: Roll your final election night success rolls.
GWB: [rolls] 11! Marginal success.
AG: [rolls] 11! Also marginal success.
GM: Ok. Let's see how bad this is... [rolls] 18. Well. Isn't that special.
Critical chaos table ... GWB, isn't your brother in charge of Florida?
GWB: Yeah... but he's a NPC...
GM: Too bad. AG, Florida was called for you on election night, but has
shifted back to GWB by ... [rolls] twelve hundred votes. Al has a
[rolls] 0.2% lead in the popular vote but is losing the electoral
college if Florida stays in GWB's column.
AG: Recount! Recount!
GWB: No fair, if I'm winning...
GM: Marginal success.
GWB: But that was a success!
GM: [rolls] 18 again! An excellent success. The election authorities
in one of the Florida counties screwed up the ballot so all the
voters with IQ under 100 or over 75 years old voted for the wrong
person or twice.
GWB: Aaaaaaa
AG: I sue! No, wait, I don't sue, the *voters* sue...
GM: Roll to convince some voters to sue.
AG: ...[rolls] 14! I got 'em!
GWB: This is just terrible. We can't be doing this to the country.
Concede already, Al.
AG: Did the media see that? Did they?
GM: GWB, make a saving throw versus media.
GWB: [rolls] 8. Nope.
GM: Make a saving throw versus public opinion.
GWB: [rolls] 12. Close enough?
GM: People are shaking their heads, but not trying to burn down your house.
GWB: Whew.
GM: [rolls] 17. Excellent. The first recount results show GWB's
lead narrowing to... [rolls] 350 votes!
AG: I want a hand recount.
GWB: No, you don't.
AG: It says I can have a hand recount. It's on Page 41 of the
Election Masters Guide, third paragraph, second sentence.
GWB: Don't be a Wussy Rules Lawyer.
GM: [flips pages] He's right.
GWB: Well Damnit. I'm suing to stop him anyways.
GM: You're suing to overturn the rules?
GWB: Damn straight.
GM: Oh-kay... roll for it.
GWB: [rolls] 15! Hey, look at that, I got a 15!
GM: Good, but not good enough to overturn a game rule...
AG: Haw Haw.
GWB: See if I share my pizza with you next time.
AG: Hey, don't get Snippy.

TO BE CONTINUED

-george
"Where's that Eratta sheet?"

kim

Nov 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/12/00
The DM intercedes with divine intervention in the form of a hurled
lightening bolt. No one could save. I hope the DM is a Democrat.

Kent Paul Dolan

Nov 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/14/00
A posting to die for, George. Too bad they held this fiasco so far in advance
of FTSD, you'd be a shoe in for dogcatcher, at least.

Cheers!

xanthian.

"DM for the state of FL" wannabe. One more time, manatee huggers and butterfly
ballot mispunchers, was that "no more nukes" or "no more flukes"?

Cast your vote on the right if you can spare Orlando, on the left if you can
spare Tampa, and at the head of the unfortunately obscured arrow leading up
from the teensy tinsy footnote in the microdot under the metal chassis punch
guide if you really _like_ Sirenians, and aren't just saying that to save
yourselves and your browsing friends a little exposure to prompt radiation.

Kent Paul Dolan

Nov 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/14/00
> a shoe in

Not a pun, my spelling has really gotten to suck that badly.

Senility is not for the

the

what was that cliche, anyway?

Does anyone remember that about which I was talking?

xanthian, pedantic to the last, a helluva way for a cobbler to treat his
tools.

kim

Nov 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/14/00
xanthian: an individual with wit, intelligence, and uncanny
perception. Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian: call the wine
steward out and name your favorite period.

Kent Paul Dolan

Nov 15, 2000, 12:50:59 AM11/15/00
kim <hyacint...@webtv.net> wrote:

Too bad all the women on the web are younger than my daughter,
including the ones that aren't. That much flattery done without
destroying the keyboard in a fit of giggles, constitutes a position of
honor in my .siggie quote generator bought and paid for, but hola have
you got the wrong hombre, seniorita.

I'd name my "favorite period", all right, but then my ISP would pull my
account, and where would I use my new siggie quote?

===== NON-random quote by or about this author =====

-- hyacint...@webtv.net (kim)

--
Kent Paul Dolan.
<xant...@well.com> <xant...@aztec.asu.edu> <kdo...@ebay.com>

Who always did have a thing for hyacinths, come to think of it.

kim

Nov 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/15/00
Xanthian derided me for praising him, rather than burying him.
Okay, no more ms.' nice lady. It was a regrettable lapse. Really,
Marquis De Sade has always been a role model.