Take a Minute -- Thursday, 4/22/10 -- COMPARATIVELY SPEAKING - Exodus 4

J.R. & Bonnie Ricks

Apr 21, 2010, 8:49:44 PM4/21/10
to takea...@googlegroups.com

Take a Minute is a daily devotional ministry of

Dogwood Ministries, Inc.

If you need prayer… contact our partners in ministry…

 SJ Ministries - Ministry of Prayer

Or simply send your request to SJMini...@aol.com

All other requests, please see the end of the devotional

for Dogwood Ministries addresses

COMPARATIVELY SPEAKING - Exodus 4 NIV

As we've said before, there is very little difference between Moses and you and me.  He was just a man, after all.  Granted, he was a man called to a mighty mission for God.  But, believe it or not, so are you!  Your mission might not be as spectacular as Moses' was, but it's equally important.  Your mission might be as simple as being a quiet witness to the people where you work, demonstrating your faith in your daily activities... becoming the Bible they haven’t read yet… the Jesus they haven’t met yet.  Or you might be called to teach, or to work with children, or any number of things.  But keep in mind, that in God's service, no position is a lowly one.  All are there to glorify His name and help to build His kingdom!

Today, reflect on how your faith compares to Moses' faith.  Remember that he was frightened and doubtful about what was going to happen.  Have you ever felt that way?  Remember that he argued with God about the situation.  How about you?  Remember that he had reassurance from God that He was in control and knew not only what the current situation was but also knew what the outcome would be.  Does God do the same for you?  And most of all, remember, that even though he lacked faith in himself and in the situation, Moses did not lack faith in God.  He stepped out on faith, believing that what God had said to him was true.  What about you?

In God, whose word I praise, in the LORD, whose word I praise - in God I trust; I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?  Psalm 56:10-11 NIV

Donations to Dogwood Ministries:  http://www.dogwoodministries.org

Personal correspondence to Bonnie Ricks:  bon...@dogwoodministries.org

Personal correspondence to J.R. Ricks: j...@dogwoodministries.org

image001.jpg