Structural Modeling Video Conference -- 03-05-2016 -- Agenda

joseph simpson

Mar 2, 2016, 2:18:55 PM3/2/16
to Aleksandar Malečić, Sys Sci, Kevin Dye, mjs...@eskimo.com, mjs...@gmail.com, Constantina Spanoude, Yiannis Laouris, Thomas Kercheval, Narayana Mandaleeka, Supriya Kummamuru, Richard Martin, Jack Ring, Mary Keeler, Lenard Troncale
Team:

The meeting details are available at:

The meeting materials are attached.

I will start the conference around 7:30 AM for those who need some time to login.

Please let us know if you have any special areas of focus for this meeting.

Joe

--
Joe Simpson

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.

Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.

All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”

George Bernard Shaw
Observation-re-SDDP-ISM_28feb2016.pdf
SMP_03_05_2016_agenda.pdf

joseph simpson

Mar 5, 2016, 9:59:11 AM3/5/16
to Aleksandar Malečić, Sys Sci, Kevin Dye, mjs...@eskimo.com, mjs...@gmail.com, Constantina Spanoude, Yiannis Laouris, Thomas Kercheval, Narayana Mandaleeka, Supriya Kummamuru, Richard Martin, Jack Ring, Mary Keeler, Lenard Troncale, J Singer
Team:

I will be starting the Hangout in about 30 minutes...

Then it will go live in about an hour at 8 AM..

joseph simpson

Mar 5, 2016, 12:34:51 PM3/5/16
to Aleksandar Malečić, Sys Sci, Kevin Dye, mjs...@eskimo.com, mjs...@gmail.com, Constantina Spanoude, Yiannis Laouris, Thomas Kercheval, Narayana Mandaleeka, Supriya Kummamuru, Richard Martin, Jack Ring, Mary Keeler, Lenard Troncale, J Singer
Team:

The recording of the Structural Modeling video conference is available here:

I will be sending out the requested papers in the next few days.

Take care, be good to yourself and have fun,

Joe

joseph simpson

Mar 6, 2016, 11:43:06 AM3/6/16
to Yiannis Laouris, Aleksandar Malečić, Sys Sci, Kevin Dye, mjs...@eskimo.com, mjs...@gmail.com, Constantina Spanoude, Thomas Kercheval, Narayana Mandaleeka, Supriya Kummamuru, Richard Martin, Jack Ring, Mary Keeler, Lenard Troncale, J Singer
Yiannis:

Excellent... can you elaborate on the competition purpose, form and content?

No apologies needed... everyone is very busy..

We appreciate your involvement and participation.

Take care, be good to yourself and have fun,

Joe

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Yiannis Laouris <lao...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Team

Please accept my apologies. We had a competition yesterday and we were very busy. I dont think we won but we are still among the top 3-4 finalists..

Yiannis
--
Yiannis Laouris

joseph simpson

Mar 6, 2016, 10:25:54 PM3/6/16
to Yiannis Laouris, Aleksandar Malečić, Sys Sci, Kevin Dye, mjs...@eskimo.com, mjs...@gmail.com, Constantina Spanoude, Thomas Kercheval, Narayana Mandaleeka, Supriya Kummamuru, Richard Martin, Jack Ring, Mary Keeler, Lenard Troncale, J Singer
Team:

During our last Structural Modeling video conference, Kevin Dye raised a number of interesting questions relating to the current form and content of our structuring modeling work. In essence these questions relate to the history of structural modeling and the types of work developed by certain individuals in the past.

I sent out three very early papers related to structural modeling.  Two papers from the early 1960's written by Donald V. Steward and one paper from the early 1970's written by John N. Warfield who referenced Steward's earlier work.  These papers and a few others from this early era may be a good place to start the evaluation of structural modeling matrix techniques.  We will see where the team would like to go in this area.

Attached is our first cut a outlining an Adaptive Total Strict Partial Order (ATSPO) structural modeling approach.  This approach includes much of the work by Warfield with the methods further developed, interfaces better defined and some missing connections filled in, where necessary, to support this specific work.

The plan is to continue to develop this draft as the current web application work continues.

Please let us know if you have any comments, questions and/or concerns.

Take care, be good to yourself and have fun,

Joe
AdaptiveTSPO_ud_1_3.pdf

joseph simpson

Mar 6, 2016, 10:58:55 PM3/6/16
to Yiannis Laouris, Aleksandar Malečić, Sys Sci, Kevin Dye, mjs...@eskimo.com, mjs...@gmail.com, Constantina Spanoude, Thomas Kercheval, Narayana Mandaleeka, Supriya Kummamuru, Richard Martin, Jack Ring, Mary Keeler, Lenard Troncale, J Singer
Team:

I have attached an updated document that contains the required Figure.

Take care and have fun,
AdaptiveTSPO_08_pm_06mar2016.pdf

joseph simpson

Mar 16, 2016, 1:26:40 AM3/16/16
to Yiannis Laouris, Aleksandar Malečić, Sys Sci, Kevin Dye, mjs...@eskimo.com, mjs...@gmail.com, Constantina Spanoude, Thomas Kercheval, Narayana Mandaleeka, Supriya Kummamuru, Richard Martin, Jack Ring, Mary Keeler, Lenard Troncale, J Singer
Team:

Are there any areas associated with the adaptive total strict partial order approach and method that should be emphasized?

My current plan is to finish up the read ahead document for the April meeting by March 21st and send it out for review.

Please let me know if there are areas that need more focus.

I hope to have screen shots from the current web application for the read ahead.

My plan is to demonstrate the software on April 2nd... we will see how things go..