1.3 Beta

Jeff Nichols

Mar 15, 2009, 5:36:08 PM3/15/09
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce 1.3 Beta 1, also known as "Evan's Challenge".
;-) This beta has just one new feature... support for postal
addresses.

In an effort to avoid mistakes like I made with 1.2 I'd like to keep
this low key for the moment, so please don't post to any shareware
sites or anything like that. And please please back up your Address
Book. That's not meant to mean that this release is especially
dangerous or anything, it's just overall a good idea... especially
when support for new fields or other large features are added.

Now that my pseudo disclaimer is out of the way, feel free to download at:

http://download.wateree.net/Syncman_1.3b1.zip

Thank you all for being patient and waiting for this important
feature! Feedback, both good and bad, is welcome.

Jeff

Evan Hindra

Mar 15, 2009, 7:07:59 PM3/15/09
to Syncman
I'd like to say,

On initial sync, things are looking beautiful Everything sync'ed
beautifully! No broken format at all!
(fresh contacts database on Gmail, just nuked whatever I had lying
around)

Address is accepted in the iPhone beautifully! fantastic stuff!

I'll keep an eye on any issues (somehow, I doubt there's gonna be any
big issue) ;).

Superb work, Jeff!

Evan Hindra

Mar 19, 2009, 6:52:20 PM3/19/09
to Syncman
Just to give an update,

1.3 has been running pretty good. One occasion yesterday, where Gmail
seem to requested an update that made the IM fields on my
addressbook.app contacts are duplicated. Not sure this anything to do
with me upgrading to OS3 on my iPhone.

Aside from that, everything has been working quite flawlessly!

Great work, Jeff! You've won the challenge, sir!

pberberian

Mar 20, 2009, 9:44:30 AM3/20/09
to Syncman
1.3 beta helped fix a problem I was having on one of my accounts -
everything would sync but the address fields.

Now Everything is syncing with the addresses but Syncman always thinks
26 contacts (out of 749) need updating on gmail - no matter how many
times I sync. If I empty the cache - syncman then wants to merge the
26 contacts - then after that sync then it still wants to update
gmail. Thoughts?

Thanks

Jeff Nichols

Mar 22, 2009, 11:33:40 AM3/22/09
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Glad that the newest beta is at least helping in some ways, even if
the new features aren't yet perfected.

@Evan - Yeah, I'd say your issue with IM fields probably does have to
do with your iPhone upgrade. I'm traveling for the next 2 weeks, but
when I'm back I might get back with you for some more info.

@Paul - This is a typical sort of problem. I should have a better way
for users to send feedback (with logs), but until then, taking the
following steps would help me figure out what's going wrong...

1) Open 'Applications > Utilities > Console'
2) Press 'Clear Display'
3) Filter for 'Syncman' in the search box
5) Synchronize 2 times in a row
6) Copy everything from Console and mail it directly to me (not
through the group, since there might be 'personal' info in those log
files)

As I mentioned above, I'll be more or less unavailable for the next 2
weeks, but I'll be sure to revisit all these issues once I'm back to
work.

Thanks,
Jeff

Efenili

Mar 23, 2009, 8:10:14 PM3/23/09
to Syncman
Hello :) I am new

Did a few tests using Beta 1.3 and everything seems to be working
great! Loving the address book addition :) YAY!!

Ed

RickyB

Apr 14, 2009, 8:28:03 PM4/14/09
to Syncman
I'm having the same issue as Paul - there are 5 contacts (out of 851)
that Syncman wants to sync back and forth every time - I've looked at
both contacts they they appear identical. I've tried to obtain the
console log but nothing happens in the console when I click
"Syncronize." Not sure why. Please let us know if you find the
reason for this issue. Thanks!