[sympy] Another GSoC Idea

Yuri Karadzhov

Mar 22, 2011, 6:29:11 AM3/22/11
to sympy
I introduce myself in this topic http://groups.google.com/group/sympy/browse_thread/thread/660ac96b5b0e3133

Now I'd ike to propose another idea for GSoC.

Idea: Implement algoryth to find symmetries of single equation or
system of ODE or PDE.

Aaron Meurer

Mar 22, 2011, 5:31:00 PM3/22/11
to sy...@googlegroups.com, Yuri Karadzhov
I think this idea could work, but would like to see more details
(anyway, there will need to be a lot more details in the application).

Aaron Meurer

Yuri Karadzhov

Mar 23, 2011, 9:26:05 AM3/23/11
to sympy
On Mar 22, 11:31 pm, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this idea could work, but would like to see more details
> (anyway, there will need to be a lot more details in the application).
>
> Aaron Meurer

At least it is possible to implement basic the most routine
functionality
1. Generate infinitesimal operator of given variables
2. Calculate the extension of infinitesimal operator of given order
3. Calculate differential sequence of given equation (system of
equations)
4. Apply the infinitesimal operator to the equation (system of
equations)
5. Obtain system of determining equations
6. Calculate commutator and anticommutator of two operators
Then some additional functionality can be added
1. Obtain the classification and determining equations for the
classification problem
2. If tesor module allow – implement above functionality for arbitrary
order of dependent and independent variable e.g. x = (x_1,...,x_n), y
=(y_1,...,y_m), where n and m is unknown
3. If PDE module allow – solve the system of determining equations
4. If above is true – completely solve the classification problem in
simple cases

Brian Granger

Mar 23, 2011, 12:24:51 PM3/23/11
to sy...@googlegroups.com, Yuri Karadzhov
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 6:26 AM, Yuri Karadzhov
<yuri.ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 22, 11:31 pm, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think this idea could work, but would like to see more details
>> (anyway, there will need to be a lot more details in the application).
>>
>> Aaron Meurer
>
> At least it is possible to implement basic the most routine
> functionality
> 1. Generate infinitesimal operator of given variables
> 2. Calculate the extension of infinitesimal operator of given order
> 3. Calculate differential sequence of given equation (system of
> equations)
> 4. Apply the infinitesimal operator to the equation (system of
> equations)
> 5. Obtain system of determining equations
> 6. Calculate commutator and anticommutator of two operators

For operators, commutators, etc., check out:

sympy.physics.quantum.operator|commutator|anticommutator

Cheers,

Brian

> Then some additional functionality can be added
> 1. Obtain the classification and determining equations for the
> classification problem
> 2. If tesor module allow – implement above functionality for arbitrary
> order of dependent and independent variable e.g. x = (x_1,...,x_n), y
> =(y_1,...,y_m), where n and m is unknown
> 3. If PDE module allow – solve the system of determining equations
> 4. If above is true – completely solve the classification problem in
> simple cases
>

> --

Brian E. Granger, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Physics
bgra...@calpoly.edu
elli...@gmail.com

Yuri Karadzhov

Mar 23, 2011, 1:46:59 PM3/23/11
to sympy
Good to know it's already done. So it can be changed to
6. Classify algebra according to commutation relations and present the
table of commutation.

The other problems remain actual