Conventions

Alan Bromborsky

Dec 31, 2007, 3:16:14 PM12/31/07
to sy...@googlegroups.com
If I want to submit a python module for sympy what conventions
(programming, documenting, etc.) should I adhere to?

Kirill Smelkov

Jan 1, 2008, 5:08:43 AM1/1/08
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Alan, thanks for your interest to SymPy!

On Mon, Dec 31, 2007 at 03:16:14PM -0500, Alan Bromborsky wrote:

> If I want to submit a python module for sympy what conventions
> (programming, documenting, etc.) should I adhere to?

It is good to first discuss your ideas / code in the issues:

http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list

As to the code,

Please document your code in docstrings and also in the wiki if you see
fit.

Write tests, both external (to be executed by py.test) and internal (in
docstrings)

Then prepare patch with your code, and send it either to the issues, or
sympy-patches mailing list -- we'll review it.

How to do SymPy development is described here:

http://code.google.com/p/sympy/wiki/SympyDevelopment

Please don't hesitate to ask us again!

--
Всего хорошего, Кирилл.
http://landau.phys.spbu.ru/~kirr/aiv/

Ondrej Certik

Jan 1, 2008, 7:53:57 AM1/1/08
to sy...@googlegroups.com

Yes, Kirill said it nicely. Generally if all of the above is too complicated,
just don't be afraid to throw your code in,
and we'll help you to improve it to be accepted.

Ondrej