In person meetup at Symfony Day Cologne?

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Sep 18, 2010, 3:35:57 AM9/18/10
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com, Fabien Potencier
Hi,

Was wondering if there is any interest in getting together maybe on the Saturday after the Symfony Day. Since I am not from Cologne but I am sure we will be able to find some places where we could sit down and talk about the Symfony2 CMF.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org

Nils Adermann

Sep 18, 2010, 5:40:51 AM9/18/10
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I'll be at the Symfony Day and still be around Cologne on Saturday so
would be happy to join a meeting. However with regard to locations I
don't really have any suggestions.

Regards
Nils

Dennis Benkert

Sep 18, 2010, 6:05:44 AM9/18/10
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com, symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Maybe I can offer you a room at the Interlutions office on Saturday. We are already hosting a workshop on Saturday with Stefan Koopmanschap, so I will be there anyway.

Also Pascal Borelli and I are meeting for some work at the phpcs Standard for Symfony2. So it might be a good place for the community to meet.

I can give you more information about the rooms on Monday after I have checked the availability, etc.

- Dennis

Kris Wallsmith

Sep 18, 2010, 2:22:50 PM9/18/10
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
I'm in.
Kris

Dennis Benkert

Sep 20, 2010, 4:59:38 AM9/20/10
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
I just had a conversation with my boss about the meetup.

We can offer you one of our conference rooms here at our offices on saturday.

Cheers, Dennis

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Sep 20, 2010, 5:04:08 AM9/20/10

On 20.09.2010, at 10:59, Dennis Benkert wrote:

> I just had a conversation with my boss about the meetup.
>
> We can offer you one of our conference rooms here at our offices on saturday.

Awesome .. here is a "doodle" so that we know who is coming:
http://doodle.com/vi32fx7h8kbizvbr

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Sep 20, 2010, 5:15:02 AM9/20/10
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com

On 20.09.2010, at 10:59, Dennis Benkert wrote:

> I just had a conversation with my boss about the meetup.
>
> We can offer you one of our conference rooms here at our offices on saturday.

ok .. can you send me details about the location?

BTW: i would propose we meet at 10:00 with a tentative ending at 18:00. i assume that some people might need to leave earlier and others want to continue with a beer in hand in the evening.

Dennis Benkert

Sep 20, 2010, 5:30:54 AM9/20/10
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Sure,

the offices are at:

Interlutions GmbH
Neusser Straße 27-29
50670 Köln
Germany

On Google Maps it should be: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=de&geocode=&q=Neusser+Stra%C3%9Fe+27,+K%C3%B6ln,+Deutschland&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=46.409192,108.984375&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Neusser+Stra%C3%9Fe+27,+K%C3%B6ln+50670+K%C3%B6ln,+Nordrhein-Westfalen,+Deutschland&t=h&z=16

We also have a small balcony that can be used for a smoke or a break with some fresh air. Meeting time from 10:00 until 18:00 sounds good to me. Some beers would be cool, too. Sadly our beamer is used for the workshop of Stefan Koopmanschap. I think we have an old one that sucks badly. But you will definitely have network and internet connection via LAN or wifi.

If some people are still in Cologne on Saturday evening there will be an event called Ehrenfeld Hopping (http://www.ehrenfeld-hopping.de/) in another borrow of Cologne. It's kind of a "pub party" where take some drinks in many pubs in this borrow and collect stamps for each visited pub.

- Dennis

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Sep 23, 2010, 2:18:39 PM9/23/10
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com, jwage Wage, Fabien Potencier, Kris Wallsmith

On 20.09.2010, at 11:04, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

> On 20.09.2010, at 10:59, Dennis Benkert wrote:
>
>> I just had a conversation with my boss about the meetup.
>>
>> We can offer you one of our conference rooms here at our offices on saturday.
>
> Awesome .. here is a "doodle" so that we know who is coming:
> http://doodle.com/vi32fx7h8kbizvbr

Not that many people have signed up.
Kris you said you would join via twitter, can I put you on the list?
What about Jon? Fabien?
Anyone else?

Dennis Benkert

Sep 23, 2010, 2:21:27 PM9/23/10
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
I can post a tweet tomorrow via the official sfdaycgn twitter account if that helps.

- Dennis

Tom Boutell

Sep 23, 2010, 4:46:27 PM9/23/10
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I can't make it to this, we are snowed in with work but looking
forward to Symfony Live

--
Tom Boutell
P'unk Avenue