Ghost 10 Scripting With VBS: How to show the Progress Dialog?

Michael Bednarek

Feb 18, 2006, 7:36:38 AM2/18/06
I was trying to automate Ghost 10 and was looking for command line
switches. I didn't find any, but I found the directory
Docs\AUTOMATION\EXAMPLES, where I learned of Ghost 10's COM interface -
very nice.

There were some traps in the supplied code; two objects were called with
a wrong name:
CreateObject("Symantec.LiveStateRecovery.FolderLocation")
CreateObject("Symantec.LiveStateRecovery.ImageJob")
should really read:
CreateObject("Symantec.NortonGhost.FolderLocation")
CreateObject("Symantec.NortonGhost.ImageJob")
but maybe that's just a test by the good people at Symantec to make sure
that potential users of this facility have what it takes -- or it may be
an oversight in porting the interface from Powerquest's V2i Protector/
Live State Recovery to Symantec.

Be that as it may, I got a VBS script to perform an image job using the
DoImageJob method, but now I want to do the same with the methods
ProgressDLG.RunJob / ProgressDLG.ShowProgress. However, these two
methods demand as their first parameter an object that's called
pProtAuto in the documentation, and I can't work out what that is. That
parameter is mentioned nowhere else in the documentation.

In short: can anyone tell me how to run an image job using VBS with
Ghost 10 which will show the progress dialog?