Show welcome window doesn't work

Robert Paresi

Sep 12, 2009, 2:10:27 PM9/12/09

Latest EBF for Sybase Central.

Options ... show welcome window at startup.

Uncheck it.

Close Sybase Central
Reopen

The Startup Window appears.

It really needs to be fixed -- especially for people using Terminal
Services.

-Robert

Chris Irie [Sybase]

Sep 14, 2009, 8:56:49 AM9/14/09
Hi Robert,

Could you please post the version and build number in which you see this
behavior?

Also -- it's worth checking whether Sybase Central is configured to show the
Tasks pane by default. In that case, we deliberately do not show the
Welcome window because it's redundant; the top level task list is the same
as that shown by the Welcome window.

-- Chris Irie
Sybase iAnywhere

"Robert Paresi" <firstiniti...@company.com> wrote in message

Robert Paresi

Sep 14, 2009, 1:50:25 PM9/14/09

This is using the latest Sybase Version 11 EBF (11.0.1.2299) on both Vista
and Windows 7. (UAC turned off)

When it starts up, the "purple" window draws 3 times under Terminal
Services! It's pretty slow and hinderance.

-Robert

"Chris Irie [Sybase]" <irie_sp...@sybase.com> wrote in message

Jeff Albion [Sybase iAnywhere]

Sep 14, 2009, 4:45:09 PM9/14/09
Robert,

I think we've had a bit of a miscommunication on your issue.

You're asking how to not show the "Splash Screen" (The orange wheel on a
purple background) when logging in and not the "Welcome to Sybase
Central - What do you want to do?" screen (what most of us would refer
to as the "Welcome Screen"), is that correct?

The option to not show the "start-up screen" refers to the "What do you
want to do" window, nothing more.

I'm not sure if we currently have such an option to turn off the splash
screen, but perhaps it can be considered an enhancement for the future
by engineering if we don't.

Regards,

--
Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere

iAnywhere Developer Community :
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0
Report a Bug/Open a Case : http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/

Robert Paresi

Sep 14, 2009, 7:39:30 PM9/14/09

Oh ... ok ... well, all I see is the Purple screen ... and because it is
graphic intense, it really causes an issue under terminal services. In
fact, if you start Sybase Central in Terminal Services - you will see that
it actually draws three times literally. We spend 10 seconds just dealing
with that screen.

I hope this can be set to be removed/turned off ... there really is no need
to draw it.

Thank you.

-Robert

"Jeff Albion [Sybase iAnywhere]" <firstname...@ianywhere.com> wrote in
message news:4aaeab55$1@forums-1-dub...

ns_dk...@ns_warrenrogersassociates.com

Sep 16, 2009, 8:24:55 AM9/16/09
In article <4aaed432$1@forums-1-dub>, firstiniti...@company.com
says...

> Hi,
>
> Oh ... ok ... well, all I see is the Purple screen ... and because it is
> graphic intense, it really causes an issue under terminal services. In
> fact, if you start Sybase Central in Terminal Services - you will see that
> it actually draws three times literally. We spend 10 seconds just dealing
> with that screen.

In ASA 9, this would work (from an earlier post in this NG:

Putting the following lines in the .screpository file will disable the
splash screen:
Config/test/ShowSplash=false
SCRepositoryInfo/Config=test
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions

I don't have ver 11, so can't test it there.

/~\ The ASCII
\ / Ribbon Campaign
X Against HTML
/ \ Email!

newsgroups if possible).

Robert Paresi

Sep 16, 2009, 6:53:06 PM9/16/09

Nice to have a simple checkbox on the Option screen.

Disable Splash Screen

Shouldn't be too difficult, and just use the USER registry key to store the
setting.

Shouldn't be more than a 15 minute job. :-) Hehe

-Robert

<ns_dkerber@ns_WarrenRogersAssociates.com> wrote in message