SQL Anywhere 11 ADO.NET entity framework provider not installed

Dan Knight

Aug 16, 2008, 11:29:19 PM8/16/08
I have a clean installation of VS 2008 SP1.

After installing SQL Anywhere 11 I have Sybase Central and Interactive
SQL available under the VS 2008 tools menu, but the provider is not
available when adding an entity framework model.

I've run SetupVSPackage.exe to no avail.

Any ideas?

Dan

Bill Hillis

Aug 18, 2008, 12:25:11 PM8/18/08
Refer to the installed copy of readme.txt to see the version of the entity
framework supported by SQL Anywhere 11.0.0. Since the entity framework was
not released until after SA 11, we do not yet support SP1. An upcoming EBF
to SA 11 will update our entity framework support so that it works with the
shipping version of SP1.

- Bill
"Dan Knight" <dan...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Dan Knight

Aug 18, 2008, 1:14:57 PM8/18/08
Thank you. I'll be looking forward to it.

Dan

On 18 Aug 2008 09:25:11 -0700, "Bill Hillis"

Zote

Sep 24, 2008, 1:47:41 PM9/24/08
Any news? I got same here.

--
Zote

Dan Knight

Sep 24, 2008, 11:19:46 PM9/24/08
On 24 Sep 2008 10:47:41 -0700, "Zote" <zo...@bludata.com.br> wrote:

>Any news? I got same here.

Nothing so far. I asked in another thread if there was any word on
when the EBF might be out, but received no answer there either.

Dan

Jason Hinsperger

Sep 25, 2008, 11:13:25 AM9/25/08
Just to give you an update, the ebf is getting closer, but is still not
quite ready.

--
Jason Hinsperger
Product Manager

SQL Anywhere Developer Community
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

"Dan Knight" <dan...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Dan Knight

Sep 25, 2008, 6:14:25 PM9/25/08
On 25 Sep 2008 08:13:25 -0700, "Jason Hinsperger"
<NO_jason_hin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Just to give you an update, the ebf is getting closer, but is still not
>quite ready.

<whiny voice>
But Jason, I can't wait. I've got to have it NOW!!!
</whiny voice>

Seriously, thanks for the update. I'll keep checking.

Dan