SubVersion And PB

keithm

Dec 11, 2007, 1:31:58 PM12/11/07
Does anyone have experience with or know where I can get
information about using subversion as an SCC with PB. I
read someplace that I would need to get a product called
PushOK for each workstation? Is this still the case. Any
tech doc on how they work together? I have lots of
questions but no answers. :-(

TIA

Roland Smith [TeamSybase]

Dec 11, 2007, 2:41:24 PM12/11/07
Any Unix based source control like CVS or Subversion is going to require an
SCC API interface on the PB client machine such as PushOK.

Victor Reinhart

Dec 12, 2007, 12:06:28 AM12/12/07
You have two choices:
1) PushOK SVN SCC Plugin from http://www.pushok.com/
2) PBSCC Proxy from http://dm.char.com.ua/pb/pbscc/pbscc.htm (free)

PBSCC Proxy also requirees you to install Subversion on the client, and Tortoise
SVN on the client. That's a total of 3 installs on each client. The whole
thing is a bit complex, what with the local directory you set up. PBSCC has a
pretty good description of how to do this, with screen shots.

I ran into an issue where I think my AVG anti-virus did a scan on my Tortoise
virtual directory, which brought my computer to a *crawl*. I guess the moral is
to exclude that folder from your anti-virus if you can. I could find no way to
do this, which is one reason I abandoned SVN and stayed with Microsoft Visual
Source Safe.

Best of luck.

VictorReinhart

On 11 Dec 2007 10:31:58 -0800,
in sybase.public.powerbuilder.source_control