Framework: KODIGO

Leonel Pedrozo Quiroz

Oct 18, 2007, 3:21:26 PM10/18/07
Hi ,

Anyone know who is KODIGO framework or other else??

Thanks

--
Leonel Pedrozo Quiroz

Brad Wery[TeamSybase]

Oct 18, 2007, 4:52:27 PM10/18/07
You should be able to learn everything you what to know about Kodigo
from the source: kodigo.sourceforge.net

Brad

Leonel Pedrozo Quiroz

Oct 18, 2007, 4:57:05 PM10/18/07
I have PB9. It's possible using in this version? or not?. What other
framework exist (not PFC) with MVC concepts?.

Regards

"Brad Wery[TeamSybase]" <bradweryatgmail.com> escribió en el mensaje

Don

Oct 18, 2007, 11:58:34 PM10/18/07
It was built for PB 10 but someone did manage to port
backwards and get it to work for PB 9. It did take some
effort for that to happen. Note: it runs in 10.5 and 11
also.

Yoyo Young

Oct 19, 2007, 1:24:19 AM10/19/07
Kodigo is a UI framework. I don't think it is developed with MVC concepts.
What kind of framework do you looking for?

Yoyo

"Leonel Pedrozo Quiroz" <lped...@solucionesbolivar.com> wrote in message

>I have PB9. It's possible using in this version? or not?. What other
>framework exist (not PFC) with MVC concepts?.
>
> Regards
>

> "Brad Wery[TeamSybase]" <bradweryatgmail.com> escribi?en el mensaje

MattN

Oct 19, 2007, 3:08:05 AM10/19/07
What is really needed is a presentation layer framework (Kodigo) and a
business layer framework (pfc) all wrapped into one..

Yoyo Young

Oct 19, 2007, 10:06:47 AM10/19/07
In my option, PFC is a all in one framework not only business layer
included. Give a try to Kodigo + EAF. Maybe that's a good combination. I had
looked into PFC, call it a framework is something of a stretch. It's more
like a set of service class. So it is called PFC not PAF. We developed our
own framework PAF, and extract some good foundation class from PFC.

Yoyo

Leonel Pedrozo Quiroz

Oct 19, 2007, 10:51:19 AM10/19/07
Anyone could send me the Kodigo files? to build in PB 9.0?

Thanks.

Chris Pollach

Oct 19, 2007, 11:26:56 AM10/19/07

It is open source at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/kodigo

"Leonel Pedrozo Quiroz" <lped...@solucionesbolivar.com> wrote in message

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

Oct 20, 2007, 9:46:13 AM10/20/07
I've looked into this a little... Essentially, Kodigo is a set of window
and graphical services (not unlike PFC services), and Yeyi has developed his
own "framework" to manage those services. With a little bit of effort,
Kodigo's services could be ported to PFC service classes, and they'd fit
right into PFC.

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

MattN

Oct 21, 2007, 12:23:40 AM10/21/07
Maybe that would revitalize interest in the OS PFC.
But either way sounds like a definite benefit to PB users.

Yeyi

Oct 21, 2007, 10:50:18 PM10/21/07
Just wanted to chime in =)

Some of the services found in Kodigo are actually taken from PFC
(string, datetime, etc). And some services, like the linkage service,
was re-engineered to be stateless to support the architecture of
Kodigo.

There is a wealth of concepts and reusable services that can be
learned from the PFC that can also be found in other frameworks
outside of PB.

The person who ported Kodigo to PB9 is YPB (I don't have his name,
just his login to Kodigo). I mentioned to him long ago that I would
direct inquiries to him. You can try to reach him at
gold...@hotmail.com.

Cheers,
Yeyi

Anna

Oct 23, 2007, 10:15:06 AM10/23/07
Yeyi,
Are you Yeyi who used to work for DBM in the Philippines?

Anna

Yeyi

Oct 25, 2007, 1:33:19 AM10/25/07
Hi Anna,

Yes that is correct, DBM was my first project in PB4 =)

Yeyi

On Oct 23, 10:15 pm, Anna wrote:
> Yeyi,
> Are you Yeyi who used to work for DBM in the Philippines?
>
> Anna
>
> > Just wanted to chime in =)
>
> > Some of the services found in Kodigo are actually taken
> > from PFC (string, datetime, etc). And some services, like
> > the linkage service, was re-engineered to be stateless to
> > support the architecture of Kodigo.
>
> > There is a wealth of concepts and reusable services that
> > can be learned from the PFC that can also be found in
> > other frameworks outside of PB.
>
> > The person who ported Kodigo to PB9 is YPB (I don't have
> > his name, just his login to Kodigo). I mentioned to him
> > long ago that I would direct inquiries to him. You can try

> > to reach him at golden...@hotmail.com.

Anna

Oct 25, 2007, 4:51:16 PM10/25/07
Yeyi!!!! I had a feeling that was you.. I was one of those
new programmers who were hired to maintain those apps you
developed in DBM. I'm now working here in Houston, Tx but
still working with PB.

Ingat,
Anna

Yeyi

Oct 26, 2007, 2:33:32 AM10/26/07
Hi Anna,

Glad to hear all is well with you, and still with PB =) I believe Aris
and his family are also there in Texas.

Sorry for the OT/Hijack on this thread, just keeping in touch with old
colleagues =P

Cheers,
Yeyi

Chris Pollach

Oct 26, 2007, 8:42:51 AM10/26/07
Yeyi;

Are you still working on your framework? I have not seen anything new
for quite a while!

Chris

"Yeyi" <yeyi.ab...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Yeyi

Oct 28, 2007, 12:19:30 AM10/28/07
Bits and pieces, still going. My updates are mostly internal for a
different build of Kodigo, the one I use for work. but for the BETA, I
have not touched on it yet. I'm more concerned on what is the
direction of PB in the .NET world, given that PBNI is not supported
when compiling to .NET, and Kodigo relying heavily on this (especially
the BETA), I've decided to do a wait and see before proceeding.

I'm keeping an eye out on the futures discussion group.

On Oct 26, 8:42 pm, "Chris Pollach" <cpoll...@travel-net.com> wrote:
> Yeyi;
>
> Are you still working on your framework? I have not seen anything new
> for quite a while!
>
> Chris

don.a...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2012, 3:35:28 AM8/9/12
I have to manually copy+paste all the kodigo objects opened from PB12 to PB9.03 to make a PB9.0 version. It's a tiring task. Does anybody have a working PB9.03 build of the kodigo? i know this thread has been years already but somebody might have, you know. thanks.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]

Aug 16, 2012, 2:02:31 PM8/16/12
This group is active on the Sybase server. However, the feed between Google and the Sybase server is not currently working. You may want to access the Sybase newsgroups directly at:

http://www.sybase.com/detail_list?id=11507&pageNum=1&multi=true&show=1248