SMTP, POP3 with PB

1 view

Stoyan Mechkarov

Aug 14, 2004, 5:23:38 PM8/14/04
Hi all,

I am using PB8 and have a task to do an application that works directly with
the email server. I found lost of paid tool kits and components that can be
used to have access with SMTP and POP3. Is there any free option of doing
it?
Or if you can recomend one of the paid ones?

I was looking at winsock APIs but looks hard job for the task that I have.

Thank you in advance!

Stoyan

Roland Smith

Aug 14, 2004, 11:08:54 PM8/14/04
http://www.persits.com/ has a really nice free SMTP component I have used
called AspEmail.

http://www.system-engine.com has a free component that does SMTP, POP3 and
IMAP. I have not tried it myself.

"Stoyan Mechkarov" <sto...@eircom.net> wrote in message

Ben

Aug 16, 2004, 12:01:14 PM8/16/04
We used to use third party components until we moved to
Windows 2000. Turns out that Windows 2000 CDOSYS.dll
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cdosys/html/_cdosys_about_cdo_for_windows_2000.asp)
sends email via SMTP. Also with the CDOSYS.dll, coupled
with the ADODB (also part of Windows 2000) and CAPICOM
(provided by Microsoft) objects, you can also do digital
signature and encryption to be sent via an SMTP server.

Trade off is you have to do a bit more programming but not
too bad if you're not going to bother with digital
signatures. In return though, you have one less object to
bother with as long as you know the machine creating the
message is on Windows 2000.

Stoyan Mechkarov

Aug 20, 2004, 6:29:20 AM8/20/04

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!