Re: Link Error when deploying to Machine Code with PB 11

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]

Jul 9, 2008, 12:44:22 PM7/9/08

According the Solved Cases, this was fixed in a post 11.2 build:
http://search.sybase.com/kbx/changerequests?bug_id=531569

You might start looking at the post 11.2 ebfs to see if CR number 531569 is
included.

"alka" <ali.ka...@hvb.sozvers.at> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have essentially the same problem as
> http://groups.google.at/group/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general/browse_thread/thread/cd5f97c7d34fc147/dac116774fdee3c7?hl=de&lnk=gst&q=%2Bvez+hth
>
> I'm in touch with the author ,but I don't know whether he found a
> tenable solution and I'll be grateful for any help from others.
> When I try to build a machine code library from my PBL, the process
> fails with Link Errors and no dll is generated.
> The error messages in the logfile in temp state
>
> CGEN: Compiling 'C:\Users\alka\AppData\Local\Temp\cgk3rcxi.c'
> C:\Users\alka\AppData\Local\Temp\cgk3rcxi.c(11713) symbol '_nEncoding'
> has not been declared
> C:\Users\alka\AppData\Local\Temp\cgk3rcxi.c(11714) function
> argument(s) do not match those in prototype
> C:\Users\alka\AppData\Local\Temp\cgk3rcxi.c(11714) 'shBinary * stdcall
> (__export ot_bytearray_to_binary)( ob_this *, tag_OB_NARRAY * )'
> defined in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\cgen
> \DN32T.h(45) (col 45)
> C:\Users\alka\AppData\Local\Temp\cgk3rcxi.c(11714) cannot convert
> argument 2 defined in: C:\Users\alka\AppData\Local\Temp
> \cgk3rcxi.c(11714) (col 56)
>
> I've found out the reason to be lines such as
> l_s_temp = String(lblob_data, EncodingAnsi!) and
> l_blb_data = Blob(l_s_data, EncodingAnsi!)
>
> Without the encoding option, there is no problem and the dll is
> generated. I, however, have to use ANSI, as my program communicates
> through sockets with other programs which require ANSI. Switching to
> PBDs is, at the moment, not an option for me.
>
> If anyone wishes to test this "bug", they could download winsock.zip
> from Roland Smith's site at
> www.topwizprogramming.com
> and then try to deploy winsock10.pbl as a dll with PB 11.1. The
> results and causes are the same as in my program.
>
> I haven't tried PB 11.2 as yet but the code used to work okay with PB
> 10.2.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Regards,
>
> alka

tedzimmerman

Jul 9, 2008, 1:32:08 PM7/9/08
CR 531569 is fixed in build 8580 of Powerbuilder 11.2. It
should be in the next available ebf.

> According the Solved Cases, this was fixed in a post 11.2
> build:
> http://search.sybase.com/kbx/changerequests?bug_id=531569
>
> You might start looking at the post 11.2 ebfs to see if CR
> number 531569 is included.
>
> "alka" <ali.ka...@hvb.sozvers.at> wrote in message

> > legroups.com... Hello,

> > I have essentially the same problem as

http://groups.google.at/group/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general/browse_thread/thread/cd5f97c7d34fc147/dac116774fdee3c7?hl=de&lnk=gst&q=+vez+hth

alka

Jul 9, 2008, 8:55:43 AM7/9/08

alka

Jul 11, 2008, 6:05:06 AM7/11/08
Thanks for the info, I'll wait for the EBF.

Regards,

alka