Save as PDF using FOP

celine...@hotmail.com

Sep 7, 2006, 5:16:04 PM9/7/06
Hi all,
After reading a few posts on here concerning the subject of saving a
datawindow as a PDF using FOP, I'm still having a hard time trying to
figurre out exactly what files I need to deploy to my user's computer
for this to work?

I've did this:
-------------------

The following is all you need:

1) Deploy PBJVM.DLL

2) Copy 'fop-0.20.4' and 'jre' directories to the Directory where
the
PB runtimes exist

3) Modify DW Syntax to 'DataWindow.Export.PDF.Method = XSLFOP!'

4) Call SaveAs([Filename], PDF!, TRUE)

---------------

Is there something that I am missing?

It works on my machine but as soon as I deploy to a machine that does
not have PB installed, (where I copied the objects in step 1 and 2
above in the PB runtime director), ... it doesnt work.

Here is the code that I have to do this ....

dw.Modify("Export.PDF.Method = XSLFOP! ")
dw.Modify("Export.PDF.xslfop.print='Yes'")
dw.SaveAs(ls_file_name, PDF!, TRUE)

Thanks all!!

JMR

Sep 8, 2006, 9:17:19 AM9/8/06
If my memory is good, I read that the folder containing the
fop stuff needs to be in the PATH environment variable.

JMR

celine...@hotmail.com

Sep 8, 2006, 11:31:50 AM9/8/06
Thanks!

I tried that and it still doesn't work. All that happens is that the
screen blinks when the save as is being done...

I'm starting to loose my hair over this! haha

JMR

Sep 8, 2006, 3:43:24 PM9/8/06
What PB dll's have you deployed on that machine?
PBJVM.dll is not enough.

JMR

celine...@hotmail.com

Sep 8, 2006, 3:51:49 PM9/8/06
These are all the DLL's that I currently deploy:

EasySoap.dll
Expat.dll
Libeay32.dll
Libjcc.dll
libjsybheap.dll
Pbdwe90.dll
pbjvm90.dll
Pbo8490.dll
Pbo9090.dll
Pbrtc90.dll
PBSoapClient90.dll
Pbvm90.dll
PBXerces90.dll
ssleay32.dll
xerces-c_1_5_1.dll
xerces-c_2_1_0.dll

celine...@hotmail.com

Sep 8, 2006, 4:09:38 PM9/8/06

JMR

Sep 8, 2006, 5:15:12 PM9/8/06
From the documentation:

Using the Apache FO processor
If your application uses the Apache processor to save as PDF
or XSL-FO, you must deploy the fop-0.20.4 directory and the
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) with your application.

They must be deployed in the same directory as the
PowerBuilder runtime files. For example, if you deploy your
application and pbvm100.dll and the other PowerBuilder
runtime files in a directory called MyApplication, the
Apache processor and the JRE must be deployed in
MyApplication/fop-0.20.4 and MyApplication/jre. However, you
do not need to place a copy of the JRE in this location if
the full JDK is installed on the target computer and is in
the classpath.

The following JAR files must be in the user's classpath:

fop-0.20.4\build\fop.jar
fop-0.20.4\lib\batik.jar
fop-0.20.4\lib\xalan-2.3.1.jar
fop-0.20.4\lib\xercesImpl-2.1.0.jar
fop-0.20.4\lib\xml-apis.jar
fop-0.20.4\lib\avalon-framework-cvs-20020315.jar

Check if you did this.

JMR