Datawindow with Doublequotes..

Karthik

Oct 4, 2006, 9:54:33 AM10/4/06
Hi All,

I have a unique scenario to check with all of you what the
problem is. Recently we upgraded our applications from PB10.0 to PB 10.5
with SQL Anywhere 8.0. Migration went fine and able to run applications fine
with SQL Anywhere 8.0

We took a decision to upgrade our Database to ASA 10.0. So we
thought to test initially in the Developer Edition of ASA 10.

We upgraded our Database from ASA 8.0 to ASA 10.0

Now when we run our PB 10.5 applications using ASA 10.0 all the
datawindows that has SQL's with double quotes is giving error and not able
to run the applications. Does anyone had the same kind of issue like this or
is it because of Developer Edition.

Please help me with a resolution for this. Because we have
almost all the datawindow has sql's as follows.

Select "employees"."employee_id",
"employees"."employee_name"
from "employees"

If I run the above sql in PB 10.5 Database Painter using ASA 9.0
it works fine, If I run using ASA 10.0 it gives me the following error.

Line 3:
SQLSTATE = 37000
[Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Syntax error near
'employee_id' in line 1
Continue?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Karthik

dawntbrowneyes

Oct 4, 2006, 1:48:57 PM10/4/06
I don't have that database, but I had a similar
problem with SQL Server 2000.

If you go to the Database Profile Setup - ODBC
in the Syntax tab, check Enclose Table and Column
Names in Quotes. And retrieve from the database
painter. Does that get rid of the error?

If it does, go to the preview tab, and copy the
syntax to your app.

Karthik

Oct 5, 2006, 6:16:19 PM10/5/06
Hi Brown,

Thanks for the reply, But my problem is we don't have any tab
called Syntax when you create an ODBC using ASA 10.0 as your Driver.

Any other hint that can I try.

Thanks
Karthik
<Dawn T Brown Eyes[TeamSybase]> wrote in message

Daniel Coppersmith

Oct 5, 2006, 10:42:00 PM10/5/06
The tab is not in the ODBC driver, it's in PowerBuilder. Go to the
database painter, right click on your datasource. It's the rightmost
tab on the bottom row.

dawntbrowneyes

Oct 5, 2006, 11:25:03 PM10/5/06
It is in PB. If you can't see it what version of PB are you
using?