QtJambi and Qt/Swt relation

StefCl

Nov 22, 2010, 9:23:34 AM11/22/10
to SWT/Qt
Hello,
According to compeople blog, Qt/Swt is currently based on QtJambi.
As you know, Nokia dropped QtJambi support a while ago and gave the
project to the community, that's ok but as of today, it doesn't look
in very good shape. I may be wrong but It seems to me that the
resulting QtJambi project does not raise that much interest among
contributors, while keeping up with the release cycle of the Qt/C++ is
a rather intensive task.

I would like to ask what would happen to Qt/Swt in case Qtjambi would
stop being maintained? Would Qt/Swt cease to exist? The reason why I
ask this is that QtJambi, in its current state, is not something I
would trust (I do not mean to be harsh or whatever ).

Stefan Liebig

Nov 26, 2010, 7:42:40 AM11/26/10
to sw...@googlegroups.com
Hi StefCI,

Yes, that is right, our SWT/Qt is based on QtJambi because it makes interfacing really easy.
If we (just a few people with limited time) had to do that with interfacing to C++ we wouldn´t have achieved that. As you probably know you can sub class Qt C++ classes from within QtJambi Java classes and we had to do this several times. QtJambi even takes care of the memory management of the C++ world.

What would happen, if QtJambi stopps? Good question. But I have no answer!

Tschüß,
Stefan