IE9: HTTP Request pending for 120 seconds when loading swfupload flash

rvalle

Feb 22, 2012, 7:07:44 AM2/22/12
to SWFUpload
Hi!

We are using swfupload, and seems to work perfect in all browsers but
IE.

Users of IE9 are experimenting 120 seconds before the flash is loaded.

The flash is served from amazon cloud front over https, and other
browsers (safari, chrome) will load the swfupload almost instantly on
the very same computers.

Has anybody experienced this problem? Any idea what it could be
related to?

Thanks and regards,
Rafael

rvalle

Feb 28, 2012, 4:19:18 AM2/28/12
to SWFUpload
We have traced down this problem and it seems to be related to Amazon
CloudFront and IE9.

We can reproduce the problem by uploading the SWFUpload provided
samples to S3 and enabling access via cloud front.

For some weird reason, when served from Cloudfront it will take
120seconds before SWFupload is activated. The HTTP Connection is
displayed as pending.

To make it even a bit more weird, we use other flash objects, such as
JWPlayer, in the same site/setup, and we are not experiencing any
issue there.

Has anybody experienced similar issues?

Thanks and regards,
Rafael

ne...@busuu.com

Apr 3, 2013, 10:21:33 AM4/3/13
to swfu...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Did you ever find the reason for this?  We are getting similar issues, but on IE10.

Our content is media (mp4 and mp3), not swf, but we get the same pending request for 120 seconds.  When the content is first pulled from CloudFront, it loads instantly, but as soon as its cached, then subsequent requests will remain in the pending state for 120 seconds before returning it with an HTTP 304 Not Modified header.

Would be interested in hearing about your investigation on your issue.

Regards,

Neil.

Andre Paz Leal

Nov 12, 2013, 9:31:55 AM11/12/13
to swfu...@googlegroups.com
Hello, anyone find what may causing this? I´ve just uppgrade to windows 8.1 with Iexplorer 11, and still the pending on any type of video files it is still there.