Well done on being the official Dreamwevaer CS4 embedding mechanism!

Aran Rhee

Jun 11, 2008, 8:33:39 PM6/11/08
to swfo...@googlegroups.com

Bobby / Geoff / All.

Well done on becoming the standard method of Flash insertion in Dreamweaver CS4 !

I was just reading an Adobe Edge article (http://www.adobe.com/newsletters/edge/june2008/articles/article1/index.html?trackingid=DEKYE )this morning when I saw:

“When your projects include SWF files created with Adobe Flash or Flex, the newly updated Insert Flash feature in Dreamweaver, which now uses the open source SWFObject 2.0 codebase, enables you to visually preview your SWF file in context using Live Preview and even design the static, alternative HTML/CSS content right in Design view, too.”

Here’s hoping that Flex and other Adobe tools also adopt SWFObject as a standard in their HTML template generation etc.

Aran

Getify Solutions, Inc.

Jun 11, 2008, 11:06:52 PM6/11/08
to swfo...@googlegroups.com
For the memory-leak issue sake, I hope they mean they'll use 2.1 instead of 2.0.  Smile emoticon  Otherwise, we'll have lots and lots of pages with bad memory management.

--Kyle

Aran Rhee

Jun 11, 2008, 11:21:21 PM6/11/08
to swfo...@googlegroups.com

As DW CS4 is still in beta, I think that will be the case.

<BR

Bobby

Jun 12, 2008, 5:34:44 AM6/12/08
to SWFObject
Thanks, we are indeed very happy that several teams within Adobe are
currently working on implementing SWFObject 2 as a publishing option
within their CS4 software. We have notified them of the upcoming 2.1
release, which we hope to release within the next month.