JQuery vs getElementById

Jon Marston

Feb 7, 2008, 7:34:52 PM2/7/08
to SWFObject
Hello,

I'm having trouble using jquery to get access to the flash divs
created by swfobject.

My current project is using swfobject 2.0beta and jQuery 1.2.1. We're
using the dynamic method to embed the flash movies and
ExternalInterface to register javascript callback functions. I can
access these js callbacks if I use document.getElementById to get a
reference to the dom node, but I cannot access the dom nodes using
jQuery.

Has anybody integrated swfobject 2.0 and jQuery?

I've seen this info for swfobject 1.5, but im concerned about
conflicting with swfobject 2.0's domloaded events.
http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/forum/discussion/540/jquery-and-swfobject-tips/
http://www.chapter31.com/2007/09/28/jquery-and-swfobject-conflict/

The media plugin looks interesting, but I'm guessing this uses
swfobject 1.5?
http://www.malsup.com/jquery/media/

Sam Sherlock

Feb 7, 2008, 8:06:38 PM2/7/08
to swfo...@googlegroups.com
I have'nt integrated them.   I can use external interface.

There are two ways that swfobject2 embeds swf; one for use on page load and one for use after an ajax call

swfobject 2 rc1 is available;  perhaps you might have less troubles with that

I had to try out extensive tests; removing parts of the final equation to isolate the issue.

Then suddenly it worked;  I can't honestly pinpoint the cause of my issue; but it was no longer evident

since I was working with Jeroen's media player I found his tutorial really helpful (check the forum there too)
http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=Javascript_interaction

hope that helps - S