Re: [SurroundSound] Abridged summary of surroundsound@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Richard L. Wainwright

Sep 13, 2020, 2:57:57 AM9/13/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
I really like DVDFab, excellent user interface.  Lately I've been loading up my cell phone with a ton of hi-res music and I've found a *terrific* music file  playing app that runs on both Android and iPhones.  It's called Pulsar and can be found on the Google Play store.

Whoever wrote this app was a great programmer!  The User Interface is top-notch and it has very good tag editing features.  And you're not limited to editing tags that are embedded in files on your phone.  If Windows can display the file(s) on your PC, you can edit them.  It doesn't do streaming, but that was not an issue for me - I have probably 4,000 CDs and DVDs and I simply copy them to my phone's SD card and I'm good to go!

If you don't need streaming capability, give it a go - it really is a *terrific* music file player and has quite a few very thoughtful features.  And it can handle 'most every file type - MP3s (yuck!) all the way up to 192kHz, 24 bit.  I snagged the free version, but for just $2.99 more you can get the pro version which has a nice equalizer as well as some other pretty desirable features...
Best Wishes,
♫ Richard L. Wainwright  c( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ♫

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 12:16 AM <surrou...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
"baw...@gmail.com" <baw...@gmail.com>: Sep 12 05:09AM -0700

I have been using mp3tag from within Wine to make sure all my music files
are correctly named; it sounds like Foobar2000 is the way to go for me.
That or DVD Fab.

Ben

...more

Phil Steeples

Sep 13, 2020, 3:06:42 AM9/13/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
I use AIMP which does the same thing, although with AIMP you can upsample to 192KHz , even on the phone. I don' know if there is an iPhone version but then you are limited to memory which ridiculously costs an arm, leg and testicles with Apple. I bought a 200GB SD card from Amazon for £20.

razi

Sep 13, 2020, 5:04:25 AM9/13/20
to SurroundSound

Hi Richard,
you think, HiRes (24/192) and iPhone/Android-Phone is good team?
I disagree ... For that, you must have really GOOD earphones and the amps of such a phone are not build for that using.
My suggsestion inthis case is: a good mp3 (320 constant) or flac upto 24/48 kHz.
I think, more of that is waste of storage, if you use it for going out ...
or you want to stream to a good receiver with good speakers....

razi

RW

Sep 14, 2020, 2:29:43 PM9/14/20
to SurroundSound
All I'm trying to say is that Pulsar is capable of handling files up to 192k, 24 bit.  And yes, I have very good earphones plus I can send the music to my home processor, an Integra 80.3.  This is a top-level processor with Audyssey XT32 room correction and the rest of my system is pretty darn good:  Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers in a 5.2 configuration, Oppo 105 CD/DVD/SACD player, and Acurus and Crown amps.  I also have a 60" LG 4K HDTV.  Let's just say that I have probably the best system in my development and leave it at that...[smile]
RW

razi

Sep 15, 2020, 3:48:32 AM9/15/20
to SurroundSound

It sounds great....
I'm not so good equiped, my budget is a bit smaller as most people.
Besides them, I don't own a flat or house so I haven't so much space left.