SACD-R Playback on Oppo DV-980H

MichaelE

May 30, 2015, 12:18:34 PM5/30/15
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Hello All:

I've about a "custom" firmware update that enables the Oppo DV-980H to recognize and play SACD-Rs.  (Right now I get the "unknown disc" error when I insert one in mine.)  Can anyone tell me where to find that firmware?  I currently have the latest upgrade from Oppo, MVer: 05.00.01.07 Batch: DV980-19-0722

John Kleitz

May 30, 2015, 3:23:15 PM5/30/15
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael, I've found the firmware you are looking for, but I cannot find the source (where I got it from). Someone in this group (I believe Richard) posted the link a while ago and I've tried using the firmware. As a result though, I still cannot hear any output even though it does play back SACDs. I may be doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out what it is. You're welcome to try this firmware and please let me know if you were successful. Just use it like you would a normal firmware update (be cautious and don't interrupt).
I've posted it to your to your email address.I hope it works for you. Possum

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 5:09 PM, MichaelE <michael....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All:

I've about a "custom" firmware update that enables the Oppo DV-980H to recognize and play SACD-Rs.  (Right now I get the "unknown disc" error when I insert one in mine.)  Can anyone tell me where to find that firmware?  I currently have the latest upgrade from Oppo, MVer: 05.00.01.07 Batch: DV980-19-0722

980.BIN

MichaelE

Jun 3, 2015, 12:38:32 AM6/3/15
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Possum--thanks very much; that worked!  Not quite sure why it worked: when I press the "OSD" button on my remote after the update, it displays the same version of the firmware as before, 05.00.01.07, batch DV980-19-0722.  (I was imagining you had sent batch DV980-21-1031, which is apparently a beta that Oppo withdrew: http://www.opendrivers.com/modeldriver/oppo_dv-980h-driver-download.html. I found that link after seeing your post.)  But I'm not asking questions.  Really appreciate the good turn, and am now enjoying the handful of SACD-Rs in my possession.  Hope you can get it working, too.  Maybe need to tweak some of the player settings that were reset to "default" as a result of the update?

Best,
Michael