Blu

DJones

May 20, 2011, 12:20:13 AM5/20/11
to SuperTweet MyAPI Proxy, DontBu...@gmail.com
Hi,

So heres whats working in the older version of blu ( which is
available here http://goo.gl/qoTsl )

- Can view direct messages

- URL proxy link input
- IP proxy input

Everything else is not parsed at all and im unable to write.

Note: I do have both read and write access enabled in both
dev.twitter.com and the apps page.

Im open to all suggestions at this point, im terribly sorry for any
grammar mistakes in this post and the amount of returns.

Kind Regards
David

DJones

May 20, 2011, 6:56:33 AM5/20/11
to SuperTweet MyAPI Proxy
By the way here is the output of blu http://nopaste.info/7a645846f4.html

DJones

May 20, 2011, 2:22:23 PM5/20/11
to SuperTweet MyAPI Proxy
and here is the ST log output http://nopaste.info/bdf6a119cf.html

On May 20, 6:56 am, DJones <djoneslocker2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way here is the output of bluhttp://nopaste.info/7a645846f4.html

Mr Blog

May 20, 2011, 4:49:23 PM5/20/11
to SuperTweet MyAPI Proxy
It looks as though the app is still trying to talk to Twitter
directly, e.g. http://twitter.com/statuses/mentions.xml

Perhaps the proxy setting int he "Blu" app doesn't mean what we need
it to mean.

On May 20, 3:56 am, DJones <djoneslocker2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way here is the output of bluhttp://nopaste.info/7a645846f4.html

David XAVIER

May 20, 2011, 4:52:30 PM5/20/11
to supertweet-...@googlegroups.com
Could i expand the ST proxy to root level ?

DJones

May 20, 2011, 5:43:52 PM5/20/11
to SuperTweet MyAPI Proxy
can the proxy be expanded to encompass the entire windows
environment ?
or can a firewall rule be written of some kind to catch all the blu
apps transmissions ?

On May 20, 4:52 pm, David XAVIER <djoneslocker2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could i expand the ST proxy to root level ?
>

> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Mr Blog <mrblogdot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It looks as though the app is still trying to talk to Twitter
> > directly, e.g.http://twitter.com/statuses/mentions.xml

Mr Blog

May 21, 2011, 11:59:25 AM5/21/11
to SuperTweet MyAPI Proxy
If I understand the question, then yes, you can add "routes" in the
src/neoauthlo/NeoAuthApplication.java source file. Everywhere you see
something like:

router.attach("/1/statuses/user_timeline",
GeneralAPIProxyResource.class);

Make a copy that doesn't have the /1/ at the beginning:

router.attach("/statuses/user_timeline",
GeneralAPIProxyResource.class);

This isn't going to work for anything that now requires the /1/ on the
Twitter side - not sure when they will start enforcing that, or if
they perhaps already do on at least some calls.

On May 20, 1:52 pm, David XAVIER <djoneslocker2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could i expand the ST proxy to root level ?
>

> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Mr Blog <mrblogdot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It looks as though the app is still trying to talk to Twitter
> > directly, e.g.http://twitter.com/statuses/mentions.xml

Mr Blog

May 21, 2011, 12:07:16 PM5/21/11
to SuperTweet MyAPI Proxy
It's not something the SuperTweet proxy was designed for, not even
close. It's way off the ST radar and out of scope.

SuperTweet was built for developers, writing their own apps and
scripts for cases where OAuth is not practical or adds no value, such
as microcontroller environments and simple BASH scripts etc. It was
NOT designed to fix broken apps written by a third party.

Is Blu open-source? If so, it would be easier to change it to point
to the proxy URL. If not, can you ask the developer to add an option
to set the Twitter API host url path for the app?

Going to the trouble of running a transparant HTTP proxy just to run
one broken Twitter client seems a little extreme.

David XAVIER

May 21, 2011, 9:44:25 PM5/21/11
to supertweet-...@googlegroups.com
Well if i can just use the hammer to kill the fly then doing so in a sandbox wouldn't be so bad.
But im not anywhere near a developer, this is all way above my head.

Im just a simple mail server network admin that works on windows 7.
Blu (chirp) just happened to be the best twitter client available for vista/7 at the time.
There is a updated client that works but uses over 100mb's more ram, doesn't have opacity, and isn't opensource.

So says the fly to the hammer.

DJones

May 23, 2011, 6:36:52 PM5/23/11
to SuperTweet MyAPI Proxy
we really need some help with this, if i stare at my screen any longer
i think my eyes are going to explode.

so far ive only managed at getting the image thumbnail avatars to
download but nothing loads, everything else is still MIA

PLEASE HELP!

Mr Blog

Jun 1, 2011, 12:26:24 PM6/1/11
to SuperTweet MyAPI Proxy
Seems like a lot of work, just to run one broken client. Have you
tried contacting the developer of the client to see if they can simply
fix it to use OAuth?

The SuperTweet.net service already serves a niche, or IOW a small
percentage of Twitter users, but it's a big enough niche to justify
the service/efforts. We support this niche because we believe it is a
legitimate problem and serves a community - i.e. for the good that
SuperTweet.net does.

The niche of people wanting to use closed-source apps that could
certainly simply be fixed to support OAuth but for which the developer
will not either (a) fix it, or (b) open-source the app so someone else
can fix it, is a niche I don't care to serve for reasons of size and
significance - it doesn't have the same benefits to a wider good. It
instead helps enforce bad behavior, supporting those that won't fix
their apps nor release the source code to them so someone else can fix
them.

It would be best to start with a different code base than SuperTweet
for the solution you're looking for. Sorry.