Adding a skin

Chris Nicola

Sep 19, 2009, 9:16:20 PM9/19/09
to Subtext
I am trying to install the Scribbish skin. So far not much luck.
Following the instructions of adding skins.user.config and the
following xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SkinTemplates xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
<Skins>
<SkinTemplate Name="Scribbish" TemplateFolder="Scribbish" >
</SkinTemplate>
</Skins>
</SkinTemplates>

Initially did nothing. I tried a bunch of things even adding it to
skins.config instead but nothing. I took a break, came back and
finally I could see it in the list but when I view the site now I have
no skin/style at all. Any suggestions?

Simone Chiaretta

Sep 20, 2009, 3:31:00 AM9/20/09
to sub...@googlegroups.com
Silly question, but did you copy the Scribbish folder in the Skins folder?
--
Simone Chiaretta
Microsoft MVP ASP.NET - ASPInsider

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
"Life is short, play hard"

Chris Nicola

Sep 20, 2009, 4:08:44 AM9/20/09
to Subtext
Yup, it's there with all the default skins

On Sep 20, 12:31 am, Simone Chiaretta <simone.chiare...@gmail.com>

Chris Nicola

Sep 20, 2009, 1:27:10 PM9/20/09
to Subtext
There is definitely a big delay between making changes to the
skins.config file and seeing them in the list of skins. Removing it
completely has not yet removed it from the list. I am guessing, that
for some reason the application needs to be reset to show the
changes.

I am going to try upgrading to the trunk.

Chris Nicola

Sep 20, 2009, 2:44:16 PM9/20/09
to Subtext
Hmmm, ok trunk seems to be a bad idea. I grabbed the latest
successful build from CC.NET but it definitely doesn't seem to be
working. The Dashboard crashes, the blog skins can't be changed and
the main blog page only shows one post.

Simone Chiaretta

Sep 20, 2009, 3:57:38 PM9/20/09
to sub...@googlegroups.com
Subtext trunk has not undergone the QA phase yet. Not recommended for a production usage.
Did you also updated the database? There are a lot of changes both in the tables schema and in SPs
Simo

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 8:44 PM, Chris Nicola <chni...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hmmm, ok trunk seems to be a bad idea.  I grabbed the latest
successful build from CC.NET but it definitely doesn't seem to be
working.  The Dashboard crashes, the blog skins can't be changed and
the main blog page only shows one post.

Simone Chiaretta

Sep 20, 2009, 3:55:16 PM9/20/09
to sub...@googlegroups.com

There is definitely a big delay between making changes to the
skins.config file and seeing them in the list of skins.  Removing it
completely has not yet removed it from the list.  I am guessing, that
for some reason the application needs to be reset to show the
changes.

Yes, the list of skins is cached, so you do need to reset the app