SQLDMO not in SQL Server 2008 and marked as deprecated

merc

May 10, 2009, 3:46:29 PM5/10/09
to Subtext
I just downloaded the latest source code and am trying build it, but
the Subtext.Web.Controls project references SQLDMO. I checked the
MSDN site and it was marked for removal, but it looks like it has been
removed from SQL Server 2008. Here is a link to reference:

Has this been addressed? And if so, what do I need to do to get this
to work? Also, many of the references in the projects appeared to be
pointing to GAC objects instead of the objects in the download.

Thanks,
Bill

Diago

May 10, 2009, 5:52:26 PM5/10/09
to Subtext
You need to download the Sql Server 2005 Backwards Compatibility Pack

It's available at:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=228DE03F-3B5A-428A-923F-58A033D316E1&displaylang=en

Diago

May 10, 2009, 5:53:48 PM5/10/09
to Subtext
The additional dependancies is in the dependancies folder which is
part of the Source Code file structure.

Also a note on the Sql Server references, you have to manually remove
and re add them after installing the Backwards compatibility pack.

On May 10, 11:52 pm, Diago <diag...@me.com> wrote:
> You need to download the Sql Server 2005 Backwards Compatibility Pack
>
> It's available at:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=228DE03F-3B5...

merc

May 10, 2009, 9:53:40 PM5/10/09
to Subtext
Cool, thanks. I had already relinked the other dependancies, just
wanted to make sure that you knew about them. Additionally, I fould
the following thread that discusses what needs to be done for
Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoEnum.dll, as it has been replaced:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqltools/thread/252adaa4-fc12-436d-91df-a2e8a98c7f2f/

After making all of these changes, it builds w/o any warnings or
errors.