Lucene.net is into the trunk - and Merry Xmas

Simone Chiaretta

Dec 24, 2009, 10:07:13 AM12/24/09
to sub...@googlegroups.com
I just merged the Lucene.net based search engine into the trunk.
I think it's good to go now... please have a look at it, test it and see if it works for you :)

Main features are:
 - indexing everytime a post is added/deleted/updated
 - complete reindexing per blog
 - search page
 - Related contents (all the posts that are similar to a give post)
 - More Results like this (if the referrer is a search engine, a box will be shown with other results for the same keywords)
 - OpenSearch manifest

I included all the new controls in all the skins, but they must be styled to match the design of the skin.

I'll be going on holiday, and I'll be back on January 3rd (I'll be able to read emails but not to work on code)

Merry Christmas to everybody and Happy New Year
Simone

--
Simone Chiaretta
Microsoft MVP ASP.NET - ASPInsider

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
"Life is short, play hard"
augurisimo.jpg

Phil Haack

Dec 24, 2009, 5:07:28 PM12/24/09
to sub...@googlegroups.com

Great work Simo! I’m excited about this new feature. I’ve been doing some thinking and from a marketing perspective, this next version is not a simple point release. Instead of calling it v2.2 I think we should either call it 2.5 or maybe even Subtext 3.

Here’s what we have so far.

1.       Lucene search engine with improved related posts

2.       New Dashboard

3.       Improved (and simpler) skinning

4.       Lots of bug fixes.

Phil

Simone Chiaretta

Dec 25, 2009, 5:30:12 AM12/25/09
to sub...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I agree: 2.2 is not fair to the lots of New features :)
But not sure about the 3.0 version: I'd keep the main version number
for when we'll have the plugins :)

I'd say 2.5, but we can also do 3.0 and then do a 4.0 for when we'll
have plugins and control-less skinning :)

simo

Simone Chiaretta

Dec 25, 2009, 5:31:25 AM12/25/09
to sub...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and don't forget the finally working blogml export/import :)
simo

Phil Haack

Dec 25, 2009, 1:13:16 PM12/25/09
to sub...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I'll make the version number change to 2.5 when I prepare the release. :)