Is there a computer editor for the SE1x i can download or buy ?

Nicky

Mar 23, 2009, 3:28:18 AM3/23/09
to STUDIOELECTRONICS
Any one know about this ?

stevenclements

Apr 8, 2009, 10:28:15 AM4/8/09
to STUDIOELECTRONICS
I'm unaware of any specific editor for the SE1x, ATC-x or any of the
Studio Electronics synthesizers.

Certainly something that could be developed I believe. I would love
to have editors, perhaps an editor with modules for each Studio
Electronics synthesizers.

Steve

Jay-J | Shifted Music

Apr 8, 2009, 1:38:39 PM4/8/09
to studioel...@googlegroups.com
Hey all.

I did a middev and midname file and a pic for the se1 and se1x. . . I
use pro tools and have a SE1X and couldn't get the banks to change and
only had the patch names for the se1. . so I fixed everything (based
on my stock patch names)

I sent it over to the guys at SE and was wondering if these had begun
to filter out???

Jay-J

EQUINOXE67 EQUINOXE67

Apr 8, 2009, 10:38:35 AM4/8/09
to studioel...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm not interest for the editor, but is very pleasure make a sound with the front panel.
best regards
rob

NickyV

May 6, 2009, 3:44:27 AM5/6/09
to STUDIOELECTRONICS
Cool thanks for the replies

On Apr 9, 12:38 am, EQUINOXE67 EQUINOXE67 <equinox...@vodafone.it>
wrote:
> Hi, I'm not interest for the editor, but is very pleasure make a sound with
> the front panel.
> best regards
> rob

noetic

May 5, 2009, 9:50:59 PM5/5/09
to STUDIOELECTRONICS
I'd also love to have an editor. The front panel is indeed well laid
out for editing, but I really developed my synth programming chops on
the computer; it was many years of programming before I got my hands
on an actual hardware synth. I love the sound of my SE-1x, but I'm
sure I could program it better if all the parameters were in front of
me.

I've started to develop an editor for it in Max/MSP. Setting up the
parameters that respond to continuous controllers is easy, but a
number of parameters require SysEx (like assigning envelope and LFO
destinations, selecting the oscillator waveforms, toggling sync and
glide). I dumped a program to my computer, but it's not easy to
decode the SysEx file. Has SE published the SysEx spec of the SE-1x?
If so, where can I get hold of it?

If I can complete the editor (and I believe I can), I would be happy
to offer it to the community free of charge either as a standalone or
as a Max patch for use with the runtime environment. I'm using a Mac,
but a simple recompile should allow it to work with Windows.

On Apr 8, 10:38 am, EQUINOXE67 EQUINOXE67 <equinox...@vodafone.it>
wrote:
> Hi, I'm not interest for the editor, but is very pleasure make a sound with
> the front panel.
> best regards
> rob

stevenclements

May 8, 2009, 9:26:38 AM5/8/09
to STUDIOELECTRONICS
That would be GREAT!

martymart

May 8, 2009, 9:22:31 AM5/8/09
to STUDIOELECTRONICS
Hey all,

There is a commercial editor for the SE-1, but I don't know if it
carries over to the X. It is Midiquest. They are currently at v10
and the SE-1 is on their supported list, see:
http://www.squest.com/Windows/Instruments/StudioElectronicsSE-1/index.html

And, FYI, they also have an ATC-1 module:
http://www.squest.com/Windows/Instruments/StudioElectronicsATC-1/index.html

Soundquest is very good at support (I own the older v8 and it is on
service pack 5) and they have a v10 demo available:
http://www.squest.com/Windows/Download-MidiQuest10.html

I just may upgrade to v10.

Peace,
Marty

mar...@aol.com

May 10, 2009, 7:07:21 PM5/10/09
to studioel...@googlegroups.com
No, not yet....but has anyone heard any news regarding this?

-M

stevenclements

May 11, 2009, 10:17:12 AM5/11/09
to STUDIOELECTRONICS
Hey Marty... do you currently use Midiquest with your Studio
Electronics gear? I tried using it in the past (Windows Version), not
on Studio Electronics gear mind you, and found it to be very difficult
to set up. There was countless errors using it with my Ensoniq KMX-16
midi patch bay as well as the gear hooked up too it.

I'd hoped for something seamless, and easy to setup. While the
process of setting it up was easy it never seemed to work without
hiccups. If you have it working perhaps they've improved up it.

Steve

On May 8, 7:22 am, martymart <mart...@hpelectronics.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> There is a commercial editor for the SE-1, but I don't know if it
> carries over to the X.  It is Midiquest.  They are currently at v10
> and the SE-1 is on their supported list, see:http://www.squest.com/Windows/Instruments/StudioElectronicsSE-1/index...
>
> And, FYI, they also have an ATC-1 module:http://www.squest.com/Windows/Instruments/StudioElectronicsATC-1/inde...

stevenclements

May 11, 2009, 3:23:48 PM5/11/09
to STUDIOELECTRONICS
...letter to postm...@soundquest.ca

<quote>Hi there

I see you support the ATC-1 and the SE-1

Are there any plans to add support for the ATC-X and the SE-1X?

Steven</quote>

<b> Response </b>
Hello Steven,

There are no near term plans to support either of these instruments
however, it is possible that support will be added farther into the
future.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Michael Lambie
Sound Quest Inc.

martymart

May 11, 2009, 2:49:07 PM5/11/09
to STUDIOELECTRONICS
Hey Steve,
No I have not used Midiquest with Studio Electronics gear, but I have
with 3 different Rolands, 2 Korgs, 2 Yamahas, and a couple Alesis.
Some editors have some minor inconsistencies, but you can do a little
programming to customize the factory editors or build new ones.

The factory editors are very easy to use for mainstream instruments
like Roland D50, Korg Trinity & the like.

Peace,
Marty

Jay-J | Shifted Music

May 25, 2009, 11:03:37 AM5/25/09
to studioel...@googlegroups.com
Envelope Mod. I am curious...

Any one done it.

What can you describe about it??

You like the result?

Why?

Thanks....

Message has been deleted

Esa Ruoho

Nov 12, 2013, 1:46:55 AM11/12/13
to studioel...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, 17 August 2012 01:48:16 UTC+3, noetic wrote:
Do you know Max?  As I said, I was close.  I still have the patch.  I would totally open source it, stick it up on github, and work together with the community finish and polish it.  Anyone interested?

I'd be interested in giving it a look. I work on Pure Data, however, so I guess I'd have to buy MaxMsp. You should release it online anyway, and push it on github so people can finish it and work on it. I reckon that'd be the best thing to do, to be honest.

Maybe try and document it a little bit first..?

Esa Ruoho

Nov 12, 2013, 1:48:11 AM11/12/13
On Wednesday, 8 April 2009 20:38:39 UTC+3, Jay-J wrote:
Hey all.
I did a middev and midname file and a pic for the se1 and se1x. . . I
use pro tools and have a SE1X and couldn't get the banks to change and
only had the patch names for the se1. . so I fixed everything (based
on my stock patch names)
I sent it over to the guys at SE and was wondering if these had begun
to filter out???

Hi Jay-J, I was wondering if you could just push the se1+se1x files somewhere (onto your own webspace) so I could stash them? I'm mostly interested in the SE1 files, altho I don't really know what a "middev" "midname file" and "a pic" are. The more, the merrier, so I guess I'd still stash them in my little SE1 folder.

Royce Lee

Nov 12, 2013, 6:47:36 PM11/12/13
to studioel...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I might suggest looking at ctrlr.org. This is an open source PC and mac midi editor. It currently has an editor for the Omega. I see there is a request for the ATC1.
Royce

Esa Ruoho

Nov 13, 2013, 6:44:33 AM11/13/13
to studioel...@googlegroups.com
I guess the catch is that since I don't have the SE-1 Manual, I can't easily find the Sysex stuff required to make a SE-1 one?