[sm-users] StructureMap 3.0 Plans

Jeremy Miller

Apr 26, 2010, 7:36:56 PM4/26/10
to structuremap-users
Guys,

I think I'm going to make the next release be 3.0. The plans, such as
they are, are here: http://wiki.github.com/structuremap/structuremap/30-release-plans.

The 2 highlights are the improved nested containers and *eliminating*
all the [Obsolete] methods.

Feedback welcome,

Jeremy

Philip Holroyd

Apr 27, 2010, 11:04:42 AM4/27/10
to structuremap-users
What's the thinking behind removing VB support?

“On Startup” actions sound interesting, could you explain a little
further.

Philip

Jeremy D. Miller

Apr 27, 2010, 11:23:15 AM4/27/10
to structure...@googlegroups.com
Removing VB support was a joke on Chris Patterson's part.  StructureMap will continue to be (vaguely) usable in VB, but obviously very optimized for C#.

Jeremy D. Miller
The Shade Tree Developer
jeremy...@yahoo.com

On 27 Apr, 00:36, Jeremy Miller <jeremydmil...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I think I'm going to make the next release be 3.0.  The plans, such as
> they are, are here:  http://wiki.github.com/structuremap/structuremap/30-release-plans.
>
> The 2 highlights are the improved nested containers and *eliminating*
> all the [Obsolete] methods.
>
> Feedback welcome,
>
> Jeremy

Frank L. Quednau

Apr 28, 2010, 10:21:47 AM4/28/10
to structuremap-users
I have stumbled once or twice over a StackOverflowException by doing
silly things like A -> B -> A dependencies (which are in many ways a
mistake). Maybe you remember me setting the default instance to
something that is unknown :) That would fall into the same class of
problem.
Is it interesting for other people as well when StructureMap would
have some kind of tracking when building an object and throw a more
meaningful exception when it finds it isn't getting to an end?

Jeremy, do you think that is a complicated thing to achieve?

On Apr 27, 5:23 pm, "Jeremy D. Miller" <jeremydmil...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Removing VB support was a joke on Chris Patterson's part.  StructureMap will continue to be (vaguely) usable in VB, but obviously very optimized for C#.
>
>  Jeremy D. Miller
> The Shade Tree Developer
> jeremydmil...@yahoo.com
>
> ________________________________

Jeremy D. Miller

Apr 28, 2010, 10:32:05 AM4/28/10
to structure...@googlegroups.com
StructureMap already detects and throws a specific exception for circular references.  That's been there for a couple releases now.  Are you saying that you want a better exception message?  Got any suggestions?

Jeremy D. Miller
The Shade Tree Developer
jeremy...@yahoo.com

Apr 29, 2010, 3:54:54 AM4/29/10
to structuremap-users
Sorry Jeremy, might be I only got the Stackoverflow on an older
release we are using in a project where I don't want to switch yet.
I'll try my silly cases on the newer version.
Thanks
Frank