Near Future StructureMap Development

Jeremy Miller

Jan 21, 2010, 3:33:23 PM1/21/10
to structuremap-users
All,

I'm running behind on where I'd like to be on StructureMap right now,
but I think I get a burst this weekend (and I'll even catch up on
answering questions here, too). My immediate thoughts are to:

1.) Take the 2.5.4 branch, add a patch from Kyle Malloy, fix the bugs
from 2.5.4 from this list, add the lazy Func<T> idea from AutoFac,
make it possible to set instance scope from the default conventions,
and a request from the Caliburn guys.

2.) Release that as 2.5.5

3.) Merge improvements into the trunk (3.0)

4.) Eliminate the [Obsolete] / deprecated API

5.) Finally make the Silverlight version from the 3.0 codebase

6.) Release both .Net and Silverlight 3.0 binaries

7.) Redo docs

I can't promise a timeline, but I'm shooting for 1 & 2 by the end of
the weekend

Kyle Malloy

Jan 24, 2010, 5:45:03 PM1/24/10
to structuremap-users
I've been using StructureMap for sometime in my projects, and it has
allowed me to add extensibility that our customers value. I almost
feel obligated to give something back. I would be willing to do
development tasks and bug fixes, but the only problem is that where do
I go to find a list of these tasks besides monitoring this group?

~Kyle