Enabling Azure Support

Scott Watermasysk

Jan 15, 2009, 9:33:35 AM1/15/09
to structuremap-users
Hi Jeremy (and others),

I was able to make two small attribute changes to StructureMap 2.5.2
which appear to enable it to work under Azure restricted environment.

Unfortunately, I do not know enough about the StructureMap code base
to know if these changes would have any other ramifications (but all
744 tests do pass).

Changes:

1. Add [assembly: AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers] to
CommonAssemblyInfo.cs
2. Comment out the [EnvironmentPermission(SecurityAction.Assert, Read
= "COMPUTERNAME")] attribute on ObjectFactory.

#1 seems harmless, but #2 would concern me.

If there is anything else I could test to ensure all is well with
these changes let me know.

Thanks,
-Scott

Jeremy D. Miller

Jan 15, 2009, 9:55:43 AM1/15/09
to structure...@googlegroups.com
Scott,

I'll have to scan the code just a bit to see if the feature that needed #2 even exists anymore.  AFAIK nobody uses it anyway.

Jeremy D. Miller
The Shade Tree Developer
jeremy...@yahoo.com