what to do about this mailing list?

Jurgen Appelo

Jul 16, 2012, 5:45:14 AM7/16/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

The purpose of this mailing list was to support the Stoos Stampede event in Amsterdam, which is now behind us.
So the question is, what shall we do with this mailing list?

I think we have the following options:

1. Delete the mailing list. Any other discussions regarding Stoos Network can take place on the LinkedIn group.
2. Keep it as a sleeping list. If anyone in the future wants to share something about the event, they can still do it here.
3. Hand it over to the next stampede. Anyone who plans the next big stampede can start by taking over this list.
4. Turn it into an active discussion list. Get people more involved by moving threads from LinkedIn to this mailing list.

As moderator of this list I have no preference.
I will let the decision depend on your replies to this message. :)

Cheers,
Jurgen

Kurt Häusler

Jul 16, 2012, 9:12:13 AM7/16/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
I like option 4 the best, because I don't enjoy LinkedIn discussions as much as mailing list discussions.

Yves Hanoulle

Jul 16, 2012, 9:13:06 AM7/16/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
+ 666

Timo Bezjak

Jul 16, 2012, 9:19:34 AM7/16/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Me too: option 4.

--
Liip AG // Feldstrasse 133 // CH-8004 Zürich // www.liip.ch
Telefon +41 43 500 3980 // Direkt +41 43 500 3993

Justin Redd

Jul 16, 2012, 9:45:20 AM7/16/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Please keep it as an active list. I was unable to attend the Stampede, but have felt myself a part of the discussion (mostly passive) by reading this list. Since the Stampede, I've seen follow-ups and summaries from some sessions appear on this list.

Thank you,

Patrick Verheij

Jul 16, 2012, 2:38:13 PM7/16/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
How about option 5, which is "do nothing and see what happens?"

that's actually the same as options 2, 3 and 4, but without the required actions. I like self-organization ;-)

Dawna Jones

Jul 16, 2012, 3:35:23 PM7/16/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
I like #4 too. There were many people who I'd love to remain in contact with but didn't get their contact info so would appreciate some way of staying in conversation. Thanks Jurgen!

Dawna Jones

Jul 16, 2012, 3:36:47 PM7/16/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
I like #4 because there were many who I didn't have a chance to get their contact info but would love to keep the conversation going. Thanks Jurgen!

Sergey Kotlov

Jul 17, 2012, 12:55:26 AM7/17/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Definitely #4 for me

Jurgen Appelo

Jul 17, 2012, 5:08:47 PM7/17/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com, jur...@noop.nl
Ok, it is decided.
For now we will keep this mailing list.

Anyone who wants to unsubscribe can do so themselves.
Just check the bottom of the emails, or go to Membership, Leave group on the website.

Cheers,
Jurgen