Global Soundtracks, Triumphant Sounders!

STG@gmail

Sep 3, 2009, 6:53:36 PM9/3/09
to STG Newsletter, World Music Forum, World Music Fan, OlyRhythm email group

Spin the Globe: Live Locally, Groove Globally
Fridays 10-noon (Pacific) on KAOS 89.3 FM Olympia, and streaming live

This month marks the birthdays of two of the planet's most prolific soundtrack singers: sisters Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle of Bollywood playback fame. We'll hear songs from them and from other global soundtracks this week, plus more.

Last week I mentioned a soccer documentary; this week, I can't fail to mention the first trophy secured by the new-look Seattle Sounders. In a tough match, they defeated DC United 2-1 yesterday, bringing home tirhe first hardware. Congrats to the team, and special kudos to the hundred-odd rabid fans who made the trek to DC in their rave green to support the team! You can see highlights of the game here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMLxqWTY34Q

And remember, Spin The Globe's 10-year anniversary is next month -- and the on-air party is scheduled for Sept. 18. Gifts in the form of comments or station IDs or edibles will be warmly welcomed. Especially dark chocolate. Spin The Globe loves dark chocolate.

COMING UP ON SPIN THE GLOBE:
Sept. 4: Global Soundtracks
Sept. 11: Finland Meets Kenya
Sept. 18: 10th Anniversary celebration for Spin The Globe!
Sept. 25: Music of the Amazon
Oct. 2: Global Music of Peace & Nonviolence

You know you can listen live online Fridays 10-noon*, right?
* Pacific USA time

Missed an artist or song name? Check out Spin The Globe's past playlists

Listen Again: Want to hear something again? You can now catch archived shows for a limited time via SoundRoots.org

Check out the events calendar for upcoming global happenings, focusing on the Pacific Northwest.

Find out what's hot on the KAOS / Spin The Globe World Music charts

-----
Scott Stevens
host/producer of Spin the Globe http://spintheglobe.earball.net
on
Facebook: http://www.new.facebook.com/pages/Olympia-WA/Spin-The-Globe-world-music-radio/86124205527
SoundRoots Global Culture blog http://soundroots.org

Send review CDs/DVDs/books to:
Scott Stevens, Spin The Globe/SoundRoots.org
2103 Harrison Avenue NW
Olympia, WA 98502 USA

Send KAOS airplay info/CDs to:
Don Loft, World Music Director