Screen always turns black

Schnulli4711

Jun 3, 2009, 4:32:40 AM6/3/09
to SteelAndroid
Hi folks,

anybody else having the symptom of steel going black after a few secs.
Apparently I cannot disable that "feature"? I am just having the white
bubble to turn bright again.

Any hints?

DanButcher

Jun 3, 2009, 8:27:41 AM6/3/09
to SteelAndroid
I've had the same problem since the system upgrade and the Steel
upgrade. Every time I load a page, a black layer goes over it, and I
can't get rid of it. Also, the virtual keyboard won't go away. I'm
uninstalling, because the default browser seems to be much improved.

On Jun 3, 3:32 am, Schnulli4711 <marco.duetzm...@googlemail.com>

kolbysoft

Jun 3, 2009, 8:48:51 AM6/3/09
to SteelAndroid
You're using the pre-cupcake version on cupcake. Google decided to
introduce a nice transparency bug that makes Steel unusable with
cupcake. There is a cupcake test version available from the website.

Michael

Schnulli4711

Jun 3, 2009, 10:43:18 AM6/3/09
to SteelAndroid
Indeed … I tried it out and it works!
Thanks a lot!

Marco

MedusaOblongata

Jun 4, 2009, 4:28:22 PM6/4/09
to SteelAndroid
I just tried it too, and it not only fixes the screen turning black,
but also fixes the problem Steel has been having since Cupcake with
not always rotating between portrait and landscape mode as it should.
For anyone with similar issues, the download page is here:
http://kolbysoft.com/downloads.html but you have to change your
phone's security settings to allow application installation from
outside the Market (I changed it back after installing). Good thing it
saves all bookmarks and stuff.

MedusaOblongata

Jun 4, 2009, 4:33:28 PM6/4/09
to SteelAndroid

Just found another bug - when trying to log into a website like
www.bladeforums.com or http://forum.multitool.org/ Steel will only
allow me to type 5 characters in the username and password fields -
which doesn't work if your username and/or password is longer than 5
characters. Please fix.

MedusaOblongata

Jun 4, 2009, 4:38:21 PM6/4/09
to SteelAndroid

^^ I was wrong - it's not a problem to type more than 5 characters.
It's the letter "a" that causes the problem. Since "a" is the 6th
letter in my username I thought it wasn't letting me type more than
the first 5 characters. But as long as "a" isn't one of them, it will
let me type more than 5. When the letter "a" is entered, it
automatically selects all the characters in the field, as thought I
had typed function+a. Still needs to be fixed.