Re: What is your answer to: Why not an electric motorcycle?

Message has been deleted

Jérôme Daoust

May 21, 2011, 3:01:27 PM5/21/11
to Stealth Electric Bikes
The line of questioning usually go like this…
You bought what for $10,000 ?
Me: An electric bicycle.
That's nuts, why not an electric motorcycle for the same price?

Here are my thoughts...
I had lots of motorcycles
http://www.expandingknowledge.com/Jerome/Motorcycle/Personal/Picture/Main.htm
and for being on the street (or dirt), I prefer a gas engine for
better performance and range at a similar price point. I want to ride
bicycle paths, where noise or something that looks like a motorcycle
would draw unwanted attention. Unlike an electric motorcycle this
ebike does not transmit motor power through gears & chain, so it is
more silent. And I can "get away with" its looks, since it is visually
halfway between a bicycle and a light motorcycle. A powerful ebike,
ridden silently on bike paths, gives you the feeling of superhuman
abilities. The best feeling is to go relatively fast (compared to
other things on the same path), yet remain below decapitation speeds.
If I need to go far, fast, have crash protection or sheltered from
weather I use my 190 mph sport car that out-corners the 175 mph
superbike I had last year. I find this particular model of ebike the
best value
http://www.expandingknowledge.com/Jerome/Bike/Main.htm#Gear_Bike_Electric_Best
for a full-suspension ebike with good power and range.

Although valid, I find my explanation long, maybe I should carry
handouts.

What is your answer?